PDA

View Full Version : Moderate NAT

SPURIOUSSPARROW
11-27-2015, 12:03 AM
The game is telling me that I have "moderate NAT" settings. I don't recall seeing that in other games for a very long time, but I did recently switch ISPs. I've tried forwarding the ports I've found listed, disabling and re-enabling UPnP, and resetting everything. No dice.

Unfortunately, I think this is resulting in me getting paired with folks who are less than ideal. I've been seeing pings in my rooms consistently above 100, and often above 200.

Does anyone know how to open my NAT type/which ports are confirmed to accomplish this for R6 Siege? My modem/router (combo) is a ZyXel C1100Z. Thanks!

SPURIOUSSPARROW
11-27-2015, 02:02 AM
I have now set up a static IP and forwarded all the ports listed for UPlay and R6 Siege on this help page (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/2559/connectivity-issues-in-rainbow-6-siege---closed-beta-pc/kA030000000elKfCAI). I have also uninstalled the game and reinstalled using Steam instead of UPlay directly. Neither has had any effect; I'm still seeing my NAT as moderate in the game.

The only thing I've been able to do so far is place my computer in DMZ, which results in my NAT type showing "open." However, I also use this computer for sensitive work-related stuff, and would rather not leave it dangling out there unprotected in the DMZ.

Any advice is appreciated.