PDA

View Full Version : AC syndicate - kidnap missions are unplayable using KB/M

ex.Villain
11-26-2015, 11:00 PM
because unlike the analog stick, you cannot adjust the walking speed/detection circle using WASD.
it's impossible to sneak pass through the crowds.
any plans to add additional key for slow walking option for Keyboard/mose users?
I have to plug-in my xbox pad everytime I come across the kidnap missions...

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 12:23 AM
I haven't had a problem with any of them. I just make sure I clear a big enough space between the carriage and the target so no enemies or cops spot me. The civilians really aren't a problem. On some of them I actually go at run speed most of the way. When walking around in between missions I swear it seems like using Space makes you walk a bit faster like in some of the older games, but not sure on that.

The default walk speed, esp while holding a bounty target, is pretty slow, but if you want to reduce the detection circle even smaller, some say you need to intermittently tap S while walking. I also noticed the onscreen prompt tip for the Bounty tutorial when you encounter the first one in game says to use quick taps of WASD to avoid detection, so it would appear that IS the slowing method you have to use on KB, since it's digital not analog.

A little while ago there was big talk of keyboards coming out that have pressure sensitive keys, and could even be made in a fairly affordable price range with the tech they were showing, but I've yet to see them hit the market. Some of the demos showed stuff like varying how bold fonts are typed according to how much pressure is exerted, but for things like walk or run speed in games, it seems like the devs would have to support them.