PDA

View Full Version : Carriage stutter even at a stable high fps

jandraelune
11-26-2015, 09:48 PM
45-55 fps all the time at 1440 res with medium settings.

It's like the engine it's self can't keep up. No stutter any where else...just when using a carriage. Even train has no stutter.

Changing settings wont help here as the fps never dips.

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Yeah I get lots of stutter too, and some long freeze pauses here an there too, but what's frustrating is most only talk about FPS and don't mention whether they get stutter, so I have no way of knowing how many of us there are.

I'm guessing you're on an AMD GPU like me?

I have...

i7-950
8GB
W7

I recently read someone say that going above 80-85% VRAM usage can cause stuttering and freezing, but today I just tried lowering settings to run it well below that percentage and it stutters just as bad. After looking at the patch 1.2 release notes for PS4 and Xone, and a post by someone indicating Steam is showing some info that indicates it may be coming top PC soon, I have to think they are aware of the performance problems and have laid most of the groundwork to rectify the situation. I just don't like their not telling us.

BTW, if you ARE on an AMD GPU, definitely use the new Crimson driver if you aren't. It made the carriage races a lot smoother for me. I still get an annoying amount of stutter almost everywhere on and off, but it's more playable now.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Nvidia gpu

:p well more then enough ram. 4g vram, 16g system ram

AMD A10 7700K: 4cpu+6gpu 4.0ghz(OC+Turbo)
Ripjaw 16g ddr3 2188
EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 4g

YazX_
11-27-2015, 01:23 AM
post by someone indicating Steam is showing some info that indicates it may be coming top PC soon

yes you can see it here and i think they are testing it and making sure that everything included in this patch is properly fixed:

https://steamdb.info/app/368500/history/

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 04:36 AM
yes you can see it here and i think they are testing it and making sure that everything included in this patch is properly fixed:

https://steamdb.info/app/368500/history/

Yes I know, that's what I was referring to. Hopefully it will be released soon. I'm considering putting off playing until it is, because the bad performance is making it hard to enjoy the game.