PDA

View Full Version : Game wont launch?

SiThG0D513
11-26-2015, 08:17 PM
I was just on like a half hour ago playing fine but I closed it because I had to leave, Now when I came back home and hit Play, It tries to launch the game but then just doesn't, I click play and it brings up the rainbow six thing like it's launching but then it just goes away and I can click play again, I've clicked it like 30 times at this point, This happening to anyone else?

HarveyM62
11-26-2015, 08:42 PM
I was just on like a half hour ago playing fine but I closed it because I had to leave, Now when I came back home and hit Play, It tries to launch the game but then just doesn't, I click play and it brings up the rainbow six thing like it's launching but then it just goes away and I can click play again, I've clicked it like 30 times at this point, This happening to anyone else?

happened to me aswell

SiThG0D513
11-26-2015, 08:46 PM
happened to me aswell

Well at least it's not just me lol. Hopefully this is fixed later.

Marquezex
11-26-2015, 11:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1338321-Game-instantly-after-boot-(doesn-t-crash-just-closes)

Seems there is a club. Hope developers notices us since we litterally cant start the game.

SiThG0D513
11-27-2015, 02:13 AM
Yeah it's pretty stupid, I literally played it just earlier today with no problems what so ever and now it wont even launch the damn game, I can't think of what the problem would be, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of also I tried the stuff that one person did in the link provided above and it did nothing, Does anyone have a fix for this yet? I'd really like to play tonight it's pretty much the only free time I have.

SiThG0D513
11-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Bump for fix

SuperrCoco
11-27-2015, 07:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1338321-Game-instantly-after-boot-(doesn-t-crash-just-closes)

Seems there is a club. Hope developers notices us since we litterally cant start the game.

I have done all the steps (including temporary disabling AVAST) but I have exactly the same issue : the game does not launch. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/confused.png
video: AMD R7 290 vapor X
RAM: 16GB
Disk : SSD 256GB Samsung

PS: I've not played before as I downloaded the Beta only during last night

SiThG0D513
11-28-2015, 12:21 AM
I have done all the steps (including temporary disabling AVAST) but I have exactly the same issue : the game does not launch. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/confused.png
video: AMD R7 290 vapor X
RAM: 16GB
Disk : SSD 256GB Samsung

PS: I've not played before as I downloaded the Beta only during last night

Ok so I figured a way around it, Go into your game folder where you have the beta installed and go down to the shortcut that launches the game, Right click and hit properties and go to compatibility, and run it in compatibility mode for your OS, This fixed the problem for me so I hope it helps you. Been playing ever since with no problems, Games pretty sick.

SuperrCoco
11-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Ok so I figured a way around it, Go into your game folder where you have the beta installed and go down to the shortcut that launches the game, Right click and hit properties and go to compatibility, and run it in compatibility mode for your OS, This fixed the problem for me so I hope it helps you. Been playing ever since with no problems, Games pretty sick.

Yeah, I already tried that (compatibility mode : windows 8) but nothing changes. Still stuck.
Thank you anyway.

Ubi-Stature
11-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Hi guys,

Firstly please do not bump threads as this is against Forum Rules: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142076&viewfull=1#post10142076

Can you all confirm you have tried all of the following:

Verified files in Uplay/Steam
Launched .exe file as administrator
Temporarily disabled your firewall software
Created a second Windows Profile on your OS and launched the game through this
Updated Graphics drivers to latest versions

Let me know if the issue persists after this.

SuperrCoco
11-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Ubi-Stature,

I've done everything but creating a new Windows profile.
Will do it later today and keep you updated.
thanks.

Eric

cheuk.norris
11-28-2015, 02:53 PM
hi Ubi-Stature , it seems you don't saw my thread so i post here because this problem seem to be same than mine , i tried everything but , no result...
if my dxdiag could help you , here it is : http://pastebin.com/uMKdDuq8
is there anything else i could do ? is there logs to send you ?

sorry for my english :)

Ubi-Stature
11-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Hi there, baloche34,

No need to apologise for your English!

Have your tried any of the troubleshooting previously advised in this thread?

SuperrCoco
11-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Hi Ubi-Stature,

I've already tried everything but "Created a second Windows Profile on your OS and launched the game through this"
I'm gonna try that and let you know.

thanks.

cheuk.norris
11-28-2015, 03:11 PM
yes , i tried everything except second profile , because it doesn't work , i don't know why , i got a message that it's impossible to launch second profile.
i really don't understand why the game doesn't launch because i could play to the closed beta without any problem/bug...
if i don't find a solution i'll have to search somewhere like formattting my OS ... too bad...
thanks for the answer anyway

b00mSh4k4
11-28-2015, 03:14 PM
I had this problem on the closed beta, Siege couldn't launch because my cpu was overclocked, I set it back to stock and it surprisingly worked...

Shunken_CecE
11-28-2015, 03:16 PM

Works with Windows 7 compatibilty. Thank you !

Earthboy2
11-28-2015, 03:24 PM
I've tried everything Ubi-Stature said and also the compatibility mode. Nothing seems to work, the game just won't start.

SuperrCoco
11-28-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi Ubi-Stature,

I've done everything but creating a new Windows profile.
Will do it later today and keep you updated.
thanks.

Eric

Hi again Ubi-Stature,

Now I've tried everything including the second Windows profile.
With the second profile things are slightly different.

- With the main profile : when I start the game I just see the R6 icon in the task bar for 3 seconds and it just disappears. Nothing more.
- With the second (admin) profile : when I launch the game, a second small window appears. This window displays some R6 art work with a "U" in the bottom right corner with circles rolling around it. Waiting for 10 minutes but nothing happens.

I hope this can help.

eric

EDIT : Just got a UPLAY update but no change

Ubi-Stature
11-28-2015, 04:00 PM
If your issue persists can you please create a ticket via our support site here: https://support.ubi.com

Please include the steps already gone through so that our team can see what's been done and can investigate further.

Thanks you for your continued cooperation and patience.

SuperrCoco
11-28-2015, 04:15 PM
If your issue persists can you please create a ticket via our support site here: https://support.ubi.com

Please include the steps already gone through so that our team can see what's been done and can investigate further.

Thanks you for your continued cooperation and patience.

That is now done under the ticket ref : 02627252

Thanks

jovu5
11-28-2015, 08:56 PM
I have opened a ticket as well: 02628064

Tried everything that has been suggested prior in this thread.

My specs are of no issue as I play other AAA titles fine

16GB RAM
980TI's in SLI
850 EVO 500GB

I really hope we don't have issues with the full game or else a refund will be required.

I look forward to a fix, cheers

kErNeL_ViRuS
11-29-2015, 01:08 AM
Can you all confirm you have tried all of the following:

Let me know if the issue persists after this.

Done all of the above, including the second Windows profile. Nothing works. I get the same behavior as ericcazin posted earlier:

"- With the main profile : when I start the game I just see the R6 icon in the task bar for 3 seconds and it just disappears. Nothing more.
- With the second (admin) profile : when I launch the game, a second small window appears. This window displays some R6 art work with a "U" in the bottom right corner with circles rolling around it. Waiting for 10 minutes but nothing happens."

My system:
i7-4770
8GB
Mainboard Model MAXIMUS VI GENE
GTX 770
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Build 10586)
DirectX Version 12.0

Will create a ticket.

backstaberz34
11-29-2015, 03:18 AM

it wont even work for me

Koufax220
11-29-2015, 04:30 AM
Same issue :(

not creating another profile on my OS for a beta to work... i just hope that ubisoft fixes their issues within the next few days or i am going to have to cancel my preorder.

SuperrCoco
11-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Same issue :(

not creating another profile on my OS for a beta to work... i just hope that ubisoft fixes their issues within the next few days or i am going to have to cancel my preorder.

No need however as this proposal does not work.

Patmonster
11-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Just replying to get more visibility on this issue.

I was able to play this earlier yesterday. I believe this stopped working sometime 11/28 afternoon. I had already 8 hours of gameplay in Steam.
I have tried the following things:
Restart
Updated Nvidia Drivers
Uninstalled and reinstalled.
Installed through Steam
Installed through UPlay
Verified files in both Uplay and Steam
Have tried installing on both my C(Solid State) and F(Hard Disk) drives.
Tried Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility.
I have completely uninstalled or disabled all anti virus, windows defender, and windows firewall.
Have launched UPlay, Steam, and Siege in Admin Mode.

Obviously I'm not looking to get this fixed within the next few hours of the beta but hopefully this will help with a smoother production launch.

kErNeL_ViRuS
11-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Obviously I'm not looking to get this fixed within the next few hours of the beta but hopefully this will help with a smoother production launch.

Getting this fixed in the next few hours will definitely keep me from cancelling my preorder! :nonchalance:

By the way, I have tried everything you listed, including disabling all programs that load at startup.

cheuk.norris
11-30-2015, 06:15 PM
after formating , it work

SuperrCoco
11-30-2015, 09:42 PM
after formating , it work

What ? formating ?
Did you format your whole system HDD/SSD ?

kErNeL_ViRuS
12-01-2015, 01:23 AM
What ? formating ?
Did you format your whole system HDD/SSD ?

It doesn't matter what type of drive it was, SSD or otherwise, NO game is worth formatting and reinstalling your system. Ubi was never able to get my game to load. I will be cancelling my pre-order now. Sorry, Ubi.

SuperrCoco
12-01-2015, 08:07 PM
It doesn't matter what type of drive it was, SSD or otherwise, NO game is worth formatting and reinstalling your system. Ubi was never able to get my game to load. I will be cancelling my pre-order now. Sorry, Ubi.

Hi Ubi-Stature,

I could not cancel my order so now I have the game on my desktop but the issue is the same. The game is not starting. I open a ticket during the beta but it was not worked and I got this kind of answer: "We apologise if we didn't manage to get back to you through your support ticket before the the Beta closed but we will be reviewing all feedback and issues that have been reported.". Now I have the game and I WANT IT TO WORK !! My ticket ref is still 02627252

thank you.

Nateysaurus
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
If you have an overclocked CPU the game won't launch, had this problem earlier. After doing some research and talking with customer service apparently the game has issues with overclocked CPU's. I reverted to default settings and the game worked perfectly fine... ****ing ridiculous if you ask me.

SuperrCoco
12-01-2015, 09:26 PM
If you have an overclocked CPU the game won't launch, had this problem earlier. After doing some research and talking with customer service apparently the game has issues with overclocked CPU's. I reverted to default settings and the game worked perfectly fine... ****ing ridiculous if you ask me.

Mine is not overclocked. Well it might be but just because the I7 4790K has kind of a Turbo capability (auto overclock from 4Ghz to 4.4 Ghz). I hope this is not the root cause of this issue otherwise it would mean that I have to lower my CPU capabilities to have this game work ... weird.

SuperrCoco
12-01-2015, 09:53 PM

Mine is not overclocked. Well it might be but just because the I7 4790K has kind of a Turbo capability (auto overclock from 4Ghz to 4.4 Ghz). I hope this is not the root cause of this issue otherwise it would mean that I have to lower my CPU capabilities to have this game work ... weird.
I just deactivated any Turbo/overclocking profile in my bios leaving the CPU to the basic speed/ratio but no change. The symptoms are exactly the same. No Joy

Bessas.
12-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Tried all these steps, still can`t connect to servers. I can recommend you to remove DRM if the game have any, and lets see if that removes the problem? Or if the Uplay have any turn it off please to see if this works?

Dahve_
12-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Hey guys whenever I try to launch my game from Uplay I've got this message : "RainbowSix.exe have stopped working". Anyone has the solution ? I've tried all the steps you guys have described before, but none of them worked.

Spectral123
12-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Hey guys whenever I try to launch my game from Uplay I've got this message : "RainbowSix.exe have stopped working". Anyone has the solution ? I've tried all the steps you guys have described before, but none of them worked.

Try to find the rainbow.exe file ( or something like that ) on the game installation folder, and try launching it from there.

Razceros
12-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi guys,
I've the same problme but now it's solved for me.
I move out from the directory the overlay64.dll who is in Ubisoft Game Launcher directory.
Tell me if it's work :)

Dahve_
12-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Try to find the rainbow.exe file ( or something like that ) on the game installation folder, and try launching it from there.

It doesn't work too, I 've also tried to launch it offline, and done all the steps described before to solve the launching problem but in the end, It doesn't work. ( I'm french so apologize my english )

Billibobc1
12-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Also having this problem... it happened to me in the open beta i was hoping they would have this sorted out by now since its a pretty huge flaw

Spectral123
12-01-2015, 11:22 PM
It doesn't work too, I 've also tried to launch it offline, and done all the steps described before to solve the launching problem but in the end, It doesn't work. ( I'm french so apologize my english )

Hm... does it by any chance leave an event viewer error ?

If so, and it displays a file, delete that file, and then it should work, its highly unlikely that the error exists, but maybe it does.

SuperrCoco
12-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Hi guys,
I've the same problme but no it's solved for me.
I move out form the directory the overlay64.dll in Ubisoft Game Launcher directory.
Tell me if it's work :)

I tried removing this overlay64.dll from the directory but the issue remains.

Bahjabroni
12-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Hm... does it by any chance leave an event viewer error ?

If so, and it displays a file, delete that file, and then it should work, its highly unlikely that the error exists, but maybe it does.

Nope, have tried troubleshooting this in a variety of ways and NOTHING shows on Event Viewer. I dont even get an error code from uPlay it just gives me a popup with an option to send a crash report.

SuperrCoco
12-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Nope, have tried troubleshooting this in a variety of ways and NOTHING shows on Event Viewer. I dont even get an error code from uPlay it just gives me a popup with an option to send a crash report.

Lucky you, I don't even have the opportunity to send any crash report. the application just close with nothing more.

Bahjabroni
12-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Lucky you, I don't even have the opportunity to send any crash report. the application just close with nothing more.

lol I wouldnt say lucky me just because I get to see this:

http://i68.tinypic.com/149n3r.jpg

I wish I knew where the crash reports were stored for this game, I cant find them anywhere.

Razceros
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM
I tried removing this overlay64.dll from the directory but the issue remains.
Crap, I think that can work for everybody :( Soooooooo ...
Try to move out the overlay.dll too maybe ... And disable overlay in Uplay settings.
Try to find what make the game crash in the events viewer of windows, I found that dll in there.
Good Luck and May the Force Be With You.
(14D remaining in France yeah ma gueule :) )

SuperrCoco
12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Crap, I think that can work for everybody :( Soooooooo ...
Try to move out the overlay.dll too maybe ... And disable overlay in Uplay settings.
Try to find what make the game crash in the events viewer of windows, I found that dll in there.
Good Luck and May the Force Be With You.
(14D remaining in France yeah ma gueule :) )

I've tried all this (removing both files + disabling the UPLAY Overlay). Nothing works.
The force is not with me. Maybe I should look at the Dark side...? ;)

Dahve_
12-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Alright, now it's working fine for me, I just had to update Windows, especially the service Pack

Billibobc1
12-02-2015, 01:06 AM
Alright, now it's working fine for me, I just had to update Windows, especially the service Pack

Windows 10?

Bahjabroni
12-02-2015, 01:12 AM

What Windows version? It matters. 7, 8 or 10?

Razceros
12-02-2015, 01:13 AM
I've tried all this (removing both files + disabling the UPLAY Overlay). Nothing works.
The force is not with me. Maybe I should look at the Dark side...? ;)

Did you find something in the events viewer ?
The Dark Side is more easier, faster but it's not good for you.

Dahve_
12-02-2015, 02:49 AM
Windows 10?

Windows 7

Bahjabroni
12-02-2015, 03:37 AM
Windows 7

Problem still not solved on Windows 10.

There's a massive Windows 10 update available now. It took me over a half hour to install it and I thought for sure the game would work once that was complete. But nope lol.

morte1982
12-02-2015, 04:11 AM
This worked for me:

Close game

Go to: C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\my games\Rainbow Six - Siege\

There will be another folder, inside it, is GameSettings.ini

Change line 15 to WindowMode=2

Start Game

SuperrCoco
12-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Did you find something in the events viewer ?
The Dark Side is more easier, faster but it's not good for you.

yeah, nothing in the event viewer.

SuperrCoco
12-02-2015, 08:19 AM

There's a massive Windows 10 update available now. It took me over a half hour to install it and I thought for sure the game would work once that was complete. But nope lol.

You must refer to the major update (kind of Service Pack) named "Threshold 2". I installed it last week but no impact on the game.

SuperrCoco
12-02-2015, 08:20 AM

You probably refer to the major update (kind of Service Pack) named "Threshold 2". I installed it last week but no impact on the game.

SuperrCoco
12-02-2015, 09:23 AM
yeah, nothing in the event viewer.

Guys,

I went in my bios and totally disable the CPU Turbo ability as well as the X.M.P profile (optimized profile).
Then I went back into: my document/my games/Rainbow Six - Siege/32f4569a-e8de-491a-b5f9-b0d00e31e230 and deleted the GameSettings.ini to force the game detect again the hardware.

I tried again to start the game and IT LAUNCHED !!

If you feel confident modifying your bios settings, please try this and let us know if it works for you.

WARNING : If you're not sure of how to do those manipulations or if you've never "played" with your BIOS before, I recommand you not to tryit as an incorrect setting could crash your machine.

EDIT : I just restored my X.M.P (Optimized DRAM profile) and I managed to have the game started (I did not touch the GameSettings.ini). However I got multiple "back to desktop" during the initial video. Each time I went back to the game using the standard "ALT-TAB" key combination. So there is knid of unstability of the game when utilizing a "non basically set configuration". all other games are with my X.M.P setup but not R6 Siege.

MadLion-tv
12-02-2015, 10:47 AM
i went into the bios and press (F5) to set default configuration and it lauch.

Marquezex
12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Had the no launch problem in open beta and it is still there now that I have bought the game.

I have tried everything I have found in the forums and nothing seems to work for me.

I get a crash error message after launching the game, but it doesn't do much other than allowing me to send a crash report.

Running on Windows 7.

HomieG_918
12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Game launches, I can see the first load screen. Usually. Then screen goes black-out and becomes unresponsive. Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+Enter, windows key, etc. - nothing works. The only option is a hard rest of the whole system.

Sometimes the screen goes black immediately. Other times I see the first loading screen for a few seconds. Other times I can watch the intro movies, or part of it at least. Once I even made it all the way to the menu and clicked on something... though as soon as I clicked, black screen. Sometimes audio will continue during the blacked out screen, and then eventually ceases. Other times, no audio, just black. Always requires a hard rest. I have tried this over a dozen times.

All system drivers and bios are 100% up to date. All software up to date. Uplay and R6 Seige set to run as admin for all users. Tried launching from uplay and directly from the EXE.

Windows 7 64-bit, up to date
Asus Rampage Extreme IV 4901 latest BIOS
Nvidia EVGA GTX 670 ftw
64gb RAM
Intel Sandy Bridge Extreme 6-core 3.2ghz CPU oc'ed to 4ghz

I am running AI Suite (which I am running) and system overclocking possibly.

Perhaps a BIOS reset to defaults and OC disabled fixing the problem, but I am not going to do this. That is ridiculous. I have 150+ games in my Steam Library and tons of software and everything works. I should not need to reconfigure my whole system to work with one piece of software. Everything else I have works flawlessly, and that burden is on the developers to develop a piece of software that actually works for hardcore gamers and real world systems, without me having to reconfigure everything I own for one piece of software that has had multiple betas now and should be working like every other game on the planet.

Unacceptable. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

EdgyKrypt
12-02-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't understand what the **** Ubisoft does with it's Betas.
I'm finding threads from September documenting the crash after the splash screen issue and it hasn't been resolved yet.

Honestly get your **** together and learn to get feedback and bug reports from your tech support forum

Billibobc1
12-03-2015, 12:37 AM
It works on and off for me. It launched earlier and now it just does nothing. Hurry the hell up with a fix already

EdgyKrypt
12-04-2015, 04:25 PM
It works on and off for me. It launched earlier and now it just does nothing. Hurry the hell up with a fix already

Lucky I've not been able to start it once

Sergeantmorris
12-04-2015, 05:14 PM
It seems like Ubisoft has completly forgotten or is ignoring this post. Why can't they see that a lot of people have this problem, we wanna play the game!

CPECT
12-04-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm having this same issue and have yet to be able to play the game once. I submitted a ticket about it yesterday morning and so far have had the description of the ticket updated but no official response. I tried everything under the sun to get it to work without success so I"m sure at this stage there is a compatibility issue in the game somewhere although without any error have no clue where. Hopefully I'll hear back by the stated 48 hrs of opening the ticket disclaimer and if I do I'll report back here.

Bahjabroni
12-04-2015, 09:54 PM
This is now beyond the point of ridiculous. I have not been able to play this game at all since launch. I was in the alpha and closed beta and not once had an issue, but the actual retail release has a major problem that STILL hasn't been addressed 5 days from launch? REALLY, Ubi?

Summary of problem:

I get into the game menus and am able to select a mode (Terrorist Hunt, Multiplayer, or Situations), in the two multiplayer modes I get to part where it says "Joining game session", typically I crash completely (with an optional pop up allowing to send a crash report) when it hits the 2nd dot. Once in a while I will actually see a list of player names but it will immediately crash out before moving on to the next screen. If I choose "Lone Wolf", I get to the screen where I am able to select an operator and a spawn point and then I crash. If I choose Situations, Im able to watch about half of the intro video to the first situation and then I crash out. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The only time Ive actually entered the game world is when running benchmarking.

My specs are fine to play this game (FX-8350, GTX 970, Windows 10 x64, 8 GB RAM), and I have 0 issues with the 50+ other games I have installed, including multiple Ubi titles. This is the ONLY one to give me a problem. The game is fully allowed in Windows Firewall and Im not trying to connect via a VPN or proxy. All latest drivers and OS updates are installed and completely up to date.

The fact there has been literally no movement or even a damn word from Ubisoft about this when its affecting more than a few people is beyond annoying and shows to me EXACTLY why Ubisoft has such a negative reputation with a lot of PC gamers.

EdgyKrypt
12-05-2015, 01:15 PM
This is now beyond the point of ridiculous. I have not been able to play this game at all since launch. I was in the alpha and closed beta and not once had an issue, but the actual retail release has a major problem that STILL hasn't been addressed 5 days from launch? REALLY, Ubi?

Summary of problem:

I get into the game menus and am able to select a mode (Terrorist Hunt, Multiplayer, or Situations), in the two multiplayer modes I get to part where it says "Joining game session", typically I crash completely (with an optional pop up allowing to send a crash report) when it hits the 2nd dot. Once in a while I will actually see a list of player names but it will immediately crash out before moving on to the next screen. If I choose "Lone Wolf", I get to the screen where I am able to select an operator and a spawn point and then I crash. If I choose Situations, Im able to watch about half of the intro video to the first situation and then I crash out. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The only time Ive actually entered the game world is when running benchmarking.

My specs are fine to play this game (FX-8350, GTX 970, Windows 10 x64, 8 GB RAM), and I have 0 issues with the 50+ other games I have installed, including multiple Ubi titles. This is the ONLY one to give me a problem. The game is fully allowed in Windows Firewall and Im not trying to connect via a VPN or proxy. All latest drivers and OS updates are installed and completely up to date.

The fact there has been literally no movement or even a damn word from Ubisoft about this when its affecting more than a few people is beyond annoying and shows to me EXACTLY why Ubisoft has such a negative reputation with a lot of PC gamers.

Although your issue is different to what this post is about I 100% understand.
The original issue in this post has threads going back to september with people being unable to get past the splash screen

Marquezex
12-05-2015, 05:00 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1339338-BETA-Won-t-lunch-from-steam-(Crash-error)?p=11172762&viewfull=1#post11172762

This fixed the problem for me, and hopefully will work for other Nvidia users out there.

I cannot begin to explain how frustrating it has been to scour the internet for potential fixed for this game since the open beta began.
This problem seems to be riddled with "almost fixes" and errors that make no sense at all, but I hope that by following what is mentioned in the linked comment more people will get to play this game.

Also, I hope UBISOFT notices this so that they can investigate the problem further and spread the word.

koozzzz
12-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I play on an iPhone 4, updated the game about a week ago, and it won't start anymore, as in, it just won't load, it crashes before anything loads. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, do the basic 3 tracks, connect to my uplay account, update from server, and after this the game crashes. I click on the icon, my screen turns black and then the screen with the icon appears again... I've tried airplane mode as suggested, but nothing... Im a level 45 rider, love the game but for the past week nothing to do... Really sad guys, please try and get a fix... Please...

EdgyKrypt
12-05-2015, 08:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1339338-BETA-Won-t-lunch-from-steam-(Crash-error)?p=11172762&viewfull=1#post11172762

This fixed the problem for me, and hopefully will work for other Nvidia users out there.

I cannot begin to explain how frustrating it has been to scour the internet for potential fixed for this game since the open beta began.
This problem seems to be riddled with "almost fixes" and errors that make no sense at all, but I hope that by following what is mentioned in the linked comment more people will get to play this game.

Also, I hope UBISOFT notices this so that they can investigate the problem further and spread the word.

Shame that driver isn't available for w10, tried with the earliest w10 drivers with no luck

dipset99
12-05-2015, 09:14 PM
My game won't launch either. Went through all the steps outlined

Still no luck. Anything else i am missing?

Flowdrive
12-05-2015, 09:38 PM
My game won't launch either. Went through all the steps outlined

Still no luck. Anything else i am missing?

Sometimes, the game launches perfectly fine, other times it simply pops up the splash page goes to synchronize with cloud....then nothing, window closes like it never happened. I have done all above suggested steps. It seems Ubisoft still likes those Vegas odds, it's a crap shoot

Flowdrive
12-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Are there ANY workarounds on this, is it really just random? I would really love to play this game, but it simply will not launch. I have tried every technique listed above. It worked fine last time I tried to play yesterday, and now it won't. :mad:

StonedXman
12-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Are there ANY workarounds on this, is it really just random? I would really love to play this game, but it simply will not launch. I have tried every technique listed above. It worked fine last time I tried to play yesterday, and now it won't. :mad:

Yeah I kind of really want this game to work right now. Have exactly the same problem. I could play for a few hours. Then it crashed, and now I havn't played it for 3-4 days. And my patiance is running dry :(

Flowdrive
12-06-2015, 04:27 PM
I had to change game compatibility (right-click on the .exe and "troubleshoot compatibility") Chose "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" and it works now, even though I'm running Win7-pro. I can't actually PLAY the game right now to check for stability because I have to head to work, but I wanted to let people know about this potential fix so they don't pull ALL their hair out.

jovu5
12-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Trying every possible solution that the Ubisoft reps are suggesting with no luck. This is the only game out of my 30+ games that don't work.

Tried everything these forums are suggesting with no luck either. Got told it was my dual monitor setup, disabled to single - still don't boot. Got told it was my Asus AI suite that was causing this - completely uninstalled, still won't boot.

Any other suggestions?

SteadyDriftin
12-07-2015, 04:27 AM
Trying every possible solution that the Ubisoft reps are suggesting with no luck. This is the only game out of my 30+ games that don't work.

Tried everything these forums are suggesting with no luck either. Got told it was my dual monitor setup, disabled to single - still don't boot. Got told it was my Asus AI suite that was causing this - completely uninstalled, still won't boot.

Any other suggestions?

Anyone have any fix's on this yet? I've tried every suggestion on the internet aside from pouring salt in my computer and still cant get this blasted game to run. Compatibility mode for every version of windows available, administrative mode, verified cache, reinstalled, reverted video drivers, alternative windows profile, removed afterburner, removed overclock, come on ubisoft give me something here....

Windows 10
16gig
GTX 980

dipset99
12-07-2015, 05:29 AM
i went into the bios and press (F5) to set default configuration and it lauch.

This worked for me as well. I had a overclock on my i5 (4.4GHz) and found that according to my task manager that it thought my clock speed was only 0.80 GHz at full load. This was clearly wrong, but i think it prevent my game from launching. I updated my BIOS which also in turn removed my overclock, and the task manager started show the clock speed being 3.5 GHz at load. Now i can launch the game no problems.

VetusTheDiddler
12-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Cannot even open the game. Multiple reports of this issue as well.

1. Launch RB6S
2. Get splash screen
3. Screen flashes black and then back to desktop.

I have tried everything I can possibly google and I cannot seem to resolve the issue. Many people have been able to get this working by disabling Uplay notifications and such but nothing seems to work for me.

I have:
Reinstalled the game (on multiple SSDs)
Disabled all overlays including Steam
Reinstalled Video Drivers
Adjusted resolution in config file
Adjusted Fullscreen vs windowed
Running as admin
Running in compatibility mode (Vista SP2, Win 7)
Reinstalled Uplay
Uninstalled Antivirus and disabled firewall

Windows 10
i7-4770K
GTX780 TI
12GB RAM

Yodafal
12-07-2015, 03:44 PM
I have the same problem today.

I installed the new Winidows 10 version, "1511"... It messed up my Nvidia settings a bit...
But every other game is now functionnal. Beside RB6S >_<

I also tried everything...

Windows 10 Home (1511)
i7-4790K
GTX 980Ti
16GB RAM

Yodafal
12-07-2015, 07:12 PM
anyone ?

dipset99
12-07-2015, 07:15 PM
anyone ?

Do you have any overclock on your i7? Also what does task manager show as CPU speed under the performance tab?

ChaosPhoenix
12-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Same here. CPU shows as 0,8ghz but every other game runs fine. It happens overlocked or not, it's a known Windows 10 problem and they should just remove the hardware check. If I can play Battlefront in 1440p, I should be able to play this game.

SteadyDriftin
12-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Same here. CPU shows as 0,8ghz but every other game runs fine. It happens overlocked or not, it's a known Windows 10 problem and they should just remove the hardware check. If I can play Battlefront in 1440p, I should be able to play this game.

Just got mine to work, i remembered an issue were windows 8 wouldnt let me update because it said i didnt have meet the requirements with a 4770k, same applies to windows 10. Its an issue with the intel chips were it only reflects the chip in idle mode and nothing higher. The fix is flashing your bios specifically look for a bios update for intel 3rd and 4th generation chip sets. you dont have to remove your overclock, remove msi overdrive, and all this other ******** that ubisoft is stating I tried every single one of their suggestions even the "create another windows profile" just for humor sake and it did as expected.... nothing... as soon as i flashed my bios game runs without any problems. I hope this helps guys!

jovu5
12-08-2015, 11:24 AM
This worked for me as well. I had a overclock on my i5 (4.4GHz) and found that according to my task manager that it thought my clock speed was only 0.80 GHz at full load. This was clearly wrong, but i think it prevent my game from launching. I updated my BIOS which also in turn removed my overclock, and the task manager started show the clock speed being 3.5 GHz at load. Now i can launch the game no problems.

You're a savior, this actually seemed to have fixed my issue. My board is an Asus Hero VI and had to manually remove the OC. Good spotting. Thanks everyone.

NSS-Sushicheff
12-08-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm having the same problem. Game won't launch. Literally tried everything suggested in this post still nothing. Started a new thread.

luridftw34
12-08-2015, 02:44 PM
I had this same issue, I installed the game and it would not open. I'm running windows 10 so if you are too this could help.
All I had to do was set the games .exe in compatability mode for Windows 8. I also made it run as administrator. Then poof it worked.

If that does not work for you there is another popular and easy fix, Although it did not work for me it could for you.
http://www.crashwiki.com/how-to-fix-rainbow-six-siege-crashes-uplay-steam-wont-start-errors-invitations-sound-lag/

Hope this helps. Although your probably in for more, I had driver problems I had to fix after this. Now the only time I don't lag while playing is if I'm the host. Even then most of the time I get Voice Chat Lag to the point you can't understand them and have to mute them.

Yodafal
12-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Do you have any overclock on your i7? Also what does task manager show as CPU speed under the performance tab?

Alright. THANKS A LOT !

As you said in an other post, the CPU was at 0.80Ghz ! Thanks to yesterday's windows update (1511 -_- )
I had to update the bios, and i'm back to 4.2Ghz. GOD BLESS WINDOWS ._.

VetusTheDiddler
12-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Just got mine to work, i remembered an issue were windows 8 wouldnt let me update because it said i didnt have meet the requirements with a 4770k, same applies to windows 10. Its an issue with the intel chips were it only reflects the chip in idle mode and nothing higher. The fix is flashing your bios specifically look for a bios update for intel 3rd and 4th generation chip sets. you dont have to remove your overclock, remove msi overdrive, and all this other ******** that ubisoft is stating I tried every single one of their suggestions even the "create another windows profile" just for humor sake and it did as expected.... nothing... as soon as i flashed my bios game runs without any problems. I hope this helps guys!

This was the thing that fixed it for me. I have a Maximus VI Hero motherboard and I flashed the bios to the latest version and I am now able to launch the game. I tried EVERYTHING and this did the trick. ASUS has a nice bios update tool so updating is not that hard at all. Try this out and it might work for you!

milucero1969
12-10-2015, 09:36 PM
This was the thing that fixed it for me. I have a Maximus VI Hero motherboard and I flashed the bios to the latest version and I am now able to launch the game. I tried EVERYTHING and this did the trick. ASUS has a nice bios update tool so updating is not that hard at all. Try this out and it might work for you!

Yep, for me as well, had to flash ASUS BIOS and was able to then launch (I have to go to the EXE and run as Administrator to get it to work.)