PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate is using Intel not Nvidia

Blogkaan
11-26-2015, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJDiQgt0SlM

youtube.com/watch?v=dJDiQgt0SlM

Hello,

I have a laptop. It has intel hd graphics 4600 and nvidia 870M.

When i lauch the game and go to graphic options panel, it uses video memory as intel hd graphics 4600. It is not using my nvidia. BUT, when i connect with hdmi cable, it runs with NVIDIA.

I tried geforce experience or etc, nothing worked.

Can someone help me?

Blogkaan
11-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Updated.

YazX_
11-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Hi,

You can force it in Bios by selecting Primary GPU or from Nvidia Control Panel and set the preferred GPU to Nvidia.

Blogkaan
11-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Hi,

You can force it in Bios by selecting Primary GPU or from Nvidia Control Panel and set the preferred GPU to Nvidia.

Hi,

I already selected from Nvidia Control Panel but no chance. My bios does not support this setting.

YazX_
11-27-2015, 01:27 AM
Hi,

I already selected from Nvidia Control Panel but no chance. My bios does not support this setting.

Then try to disable Intel GPU from control panel and go to power plans and set it to maximum performance.

Blogkaan
11-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Then try to disable Intel GPU from control panel and go to power plans and set it to maximum performance.

It is not possible. If you disable intel hd, nvidia can not communicate with intel and you get an error. When intel disabled, you can not even open nvidia control panel.

YazX_
11-27-2015, 01:37 PM
It is not possible. If you disable intel hd, nvidia can not communicate with intel and you get an error. When intel disabled, you can not even open nvidia control panel.

i would imagine that's because the port you are using is connected directly to intel GPU, seems the only way to force using Nvidia is to connect through HDMI.

jandraelune
11-27-2015, 03:41 PM
With a laptop...unless you plug in an external monitor, it use's the built on display.

You should be able to disable the on-board Intel video through Bios or windows Device Manager.

It that cause's an error...then the laptop manufactures have an error in their coding. Or have improperly wired the mobo.

Which laptop model is it and have you upgraded to Win 10 ?

Blogkaan
11-27-2015, 09:53 PM
With a laptop...unless you plug in an external monitor, it use's the built on display.

You should be able to disable the on-board Intel video through Bios or windows Device Manager.

It that cause's an error...then the laptop manufactures have an error in their coding. Or have improperly wired the mobo.

Which laptop model is it and have you upgraded to Win 10 ?

I added a temporary solution. Lots of different laptop models have this issue if you search on web. I have Windows 8.1. I did not have any this kind of problems for previous game series. It has to run with NVIDIA when I choose it on control panel. This is ubisoft's or NVIDIA's fault, not ours.

GhostAssassinLT
11-27-2015, 10:41 PM
The fault is yours as your playing games on a laptop... :cool:
Officially most games aren't supported on laptops because their video cards aren't good enough.

YazX_
11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
I added a temporary solution. Lots of different laptop models have this issue if you search on web. I have Windows 8.1. I did not have any this kind of problems for previous game series. It has to run with NVIDIA when I choose it on control panel. This is ubisoft's or NVIDIA's fault, not ours.

Laptops video cards are not officially supported although game might work, this is clearly stated in every Ubisoft game official requirements, sorry but you took the risk to run the game on a laptop that is not officially supported thus its not Ubisoft nor Nvidia's fault, so you need to find workarounds and tweaks to make the game work on your laptop.

Blogkaan
11-27-2015, 11:42 PM
The fault is yours as your playing games on a laptop... :cool:
Officially most games aren't supported on laptops because their video cards aren't good enough.

Laptops video cards are not officially supported although game might work, this is clearly stated in every Ubisoft game official requirements, sorry but you took the risk to run the game on a laptop that is not officially supported thus its not Ubisoft nor Nvidia's fault, so you need to find workarounds and tweaks to make the game work on your laptop.

That's why NVIDIA makes bundles for new graphic cards included for laptops too? Why a company makes bundle for their unsportted cards?

GhostAssassinLT
11-27-2015, 11:52 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/33tnf2q.jpg

Ooops.... Told you so... :cool:

YazX_
11-28-2015, 12:52 AM
That's why NVIDIA makes bundles for new graphic cards included for laptops too? Why a company makes bundle for their unsportted cards?

The promotion is being managed and running by Nvidia not Ubisoft, so you need to direct this question to Nvidia.

Blogkaan
11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
The promotion is being managed and running by Nvidia not Ubisoft, so you need to direct this question to Nvidia.

Who is making agreement with NVIDIA? Does NVIDIA makes agreement of this bundle without permission of UBISOFT or just for donation? Of course Ubi has fault too for this situation. Making a game unsupportable for some devices is a fault and problem. Whose is, not important.

Ooops.... Told you so... :cool:

Yeah, behold laptop users. If you even pay hundreds of dollar for mobile cards, you will not able to pay next year's AC!

YazX_
11-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Who is making agreement with NVIDIA? Does NVIDIA makes agreement of this bundle without permission of UBISOFT or just for donation? Of course Ubi has fault too for this situation. Making a game unsupportable for some devices is a fault and problem. Whose is, not important.

Yeah, behold laptop users. If you even pay hundreds of dollar for mobile cards, you will not able to pay next year's AC!

before any game releases , Ubisoft shows clearly min and recommended requirements indicating this info about laptops support, if Nvidia doesn't disclose this info to laptop users then it is Nvidia's fault not Ubisoft, who is making deals with who is not the point here and even though Ubisoft has it clearly written everywhere even on physical copies casing, so Nvidia clearly knows this and decided to give game codes either ways, then they should make sure the game runs fine on mobile video cards.

Ubisoft doesn't make drivers, so when Nvidia makes and releases a driver they should make sure that games run fine on desktop and mobile video cards.

Blogkaan
12-08-2015, 05:45 PM
before any game releases , Ubisoft shows clearly min and recommended requirements indicating this info about laptops support, if Nvidia doesn't disclose this info to laptop users then it is Nvidia's fault not Ubisoft, who is making deals with who is not the point here and even though Ubisoft has it clearly written everywhere even on physical copies casing, so Nvidia clearly knows this and decided to give game codes either ways, then they should make sure the game runs fine on mobile video cards.

Ubisoft doesn't make drivers, so when Nvidia makes and releases a driver they should make sure that games run fine on desktop and mobile video cards.

Yes. Ubisoft said laptop versions of these cards may work but not officially supported. And what a shame, such a big company says that. This is the problem. Lol, I know Ubisoft does not make drivers but Ubisoft should say that; you can not give my game's codes for unsupported devices. But as everybody knows money talks. So...

Blogkaan
01-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Bump. There is still no permanent solution for this. If someone has, please share with us.

YazX_
01-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Bump. There is still no permanent solution for this. If someone has, please share with us.

Thread(s) Bumping is against forum rules, please don't bump any threads in future. for more info about forum rules, click the link in my signature.

Thanks

GhostAssassinLT
01-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Here's a permanent solution for you Blogkaan, I know you wont like it but it's the only one which will solve your problem...

Trash your laptop and get a real (desktop) computer. :cool:

evrimalacan
01-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Ok LasseThid, in case you didn't understand the situation properly let me make it as much clear as possible for you to understand. It seems you need it.
I'm sure I paid much more money than you to my laptop, but still not being able to play games properly disappointing us. 'REAL COMPUTER' does not mean it has to be a desktop, this idea is inacceptible. Since when you try to think the technology between them, like being able get the same performance compared to big sized desktops, can impress your 'real computer' idea I think.
Just because we don't want to stick to our homes and want mobility besides performance, doesn't mean they can just ignore us like this. When we connect our laptops to an external monitor game works pretty well, so there is solution for this problem right? And does it seem like a complex solution to you? Which means they can just try to work on it and fix it for laptop users because the only problem is the game does not detect our laptop monitors as an appropriate monitor for the game to work on. I have 19 games on uPlay, over 50 games on steam and every single one works fine and beyond 50 fps.
Considering your idea of 'trash you laptop and get a real computer', [Removed].
Hope you understand at least a little bit from my English...

Blogkaan
02-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Thread(s) Bumping is against forum rules, please don't bump any threads in future. for more info about forum rules, click the link in my signature.

Thanks

Lots of people are still having this problem and this was not a unnecessarily move. I asked for a permanent solution and if you read comments, with my update lots of people able to play this game. Updating this topic is useful forum users.

Here's a permanent solution for you Blogkaan, I know you wont like it but it's the only one which will solve your problem...

Trash your laptop and get a real (desktop) computer. :cool:

Ah! I am not a home person. If I could It would be a great pleasure. :D

Ok LasseThid, in case you didn't understand the situation properly let me make it as much clear as possible for you to understand. It seems you need it.
I'm sure I paid much more money than you to my laptop, but still not being able to play games properly disappointing us. 'REAL COMPUTER' does not mean it has to be a desktop, this idea is inacceptible. Since when you try to think the technology between them, like being able get the same performance compared to big sized desktops, can impress your 'real computer' idea I think.
Just because we don't want to stick to our homes and want mobility besides performance, doesn't mean they can just ignore us like this. When we connect our laptops to an external monitor game works pretty well, so there is solution for this problem right? And does it seem like a complex solution to you? Which means they can just try to work on it and fix it for laptop users because the only problem is the game does not detect our laptop monitors as an appropriate monitor for the game to work on. I have 19 games on uPlay, over 50 games on steam and every single one works fine and beyond 50 fps.
Considering your idea of 'trash you laptop and get a real computer', [Removed].
Hope you understand at least a little bit from my English...

Thanks for your comment. People do not understand when they have not problem. Weird.

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Lots of people are still having this problem and this was not a unnecessarily move. I asked for a permanent solution and if you read comments, with my update lots of people able to play this game. Updating this topic is useful forum users.

Ah! I am not a home person. If I could It would be a great pleasure. :D

Thanks for your comment. People do not understand when they have not problem. Weird.

Ubisoft don't have a permanent solution because they state that they are not supported.

GhostAssassinLT
02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Apparently people with laptops computers fail to see that the performance of their built in video cards fall waaaay short of the performance of for instance a GTX 970 and hence the producers of laptops can slap the word gameing on their laptops as much as they want. They will still not get the same funtionality.
Just look at the volume of a GTX 970, it would take up about 75% of the space inside a laptop and still there would be no room for ventilation.

Price alone doesn't mean a laptop will beat a desktop for performance. I know, because I have a 15" MacBook Pro with nVidia graphics and it can barely handle browser based games. I installed Perfect Parallells Perfect Golf and I got about 7-8 fps on my MacBook.

You can whine as much as you want about it, but the fact is that laptops aren't built to handle advanced 3D games. If you want mobility then by all means buy a laptop, but if you want to play games you're way better off getting a console or a desktop.

rikwes66
02-18-2016, 12:50 PM
You can't remedy this in BIOS or GEFORCE experience . I had the same issue and solved it by adding ACS.exe manually in NVidia's configuration :

- right click on your screen and select NVidia settings
- click "manage 3d settings "
- you get a list of all programs found on your laptop ( in my case AC Syndicate wasn't listed )
- click ADD next to list
- browse to where the ACS.exe is located
- now you can select GPU used for the executable ( don't use "automatic" but force it to use your nvidia GPU)
- all settings below that ar best set to recommended values ( you can tell by the liitle Nvdia icon next to option)
- click apply and exit settings
- disable Uplay overlay in the Ubisoft-launcher for ALL AC games ( the online components crash the ACS.exe with message "ACS.exe has stopped working " ) and do not visit the E-store

And all folks babbbling about "laptops aren't for games "are full of it . This has nothing to do with hardware but with settings . The game runs just fine on medium settings with a 850M GTX ( as do countless other games ), let alone a GTX 970M .

evrimalacan
02-29-2016, 04:52 AM
Hey, thank you soo much for explaining your solution.
I downloaded the last patch recently. I wasn't playing for a long while, I launched the game and appearently graphics started to work fine. They fixed it, I knew it ! :3
However, they are the ones who caused the problem also, so.. -.- Meh... I think I'll just play...

Jessigirl2013
03-01-2016, 04:01 PM
You can't remedy this in BIOS or GEFORCE experience . I had the same issue and solved it by adding ACS.exe manually in NVidia's configuration :

- right click on your screen and select NVidia settings
- click "manage 3d settings "
- you get a list of all programs found on your laptop ( in my case AC Syndicate wasn't listed )
- click ADD next to list
- browse to where the ACS.exe is located
- now you can select GPU used for the executable ( don't use "automatic" but force it to use your nvidia GPU)
- all settings below that ar best set to recommended values ( you can tell by the liitle Nvdia icon next to option)
- click apply and exit settings
- disable Uplay overlay in the Ubisoft-launcher for ALL AC games ( the online components crash the ACS.exe with message "ACS.exe has stopped working " ) and do not visit the E-store

And all folks babbbling about "laptops aren't for games "are full of it . This has nothing to do with hardware but with settings . The game runs just fine on medium settings with a 850M GTX ( as do countless other games ), let alone a GTX 970M .

Yeah but a faff to get them to work, and that isn't a solution from Nvidia.

MnemonicSyntax
03-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Apparently people with laptops computers fail to see that the performance of their built in video cards fall waaaay short of the performance of for instance a GTX 970 and hence the producers of laptops can slap the word gameing on their laptops as much as they want. They will still not get the same funtionality.
Just look at the volume of a GTX 970, it would take up about 75% of the space inside a laptop and still there would be no room for ventilation.

Price alone doesn't mean a laptop will beat a desktop for performance. I know, because I have a 15" MacBook Pro with nVidia graphics and it can barely handle browser based games. I installed Perfect Parallells Perfect Golf and I got about 7-8 fps on my MacBook.

You can whine as much as you want about it, but the fact is that laptops aren't built to handle advanced 3D games. If you want mobility then by all means buy a laptop, but if you want to play games you're way better off getting a console or a desktop.

This is quite incorrect. I'm running Syndicate at max settings on a 770m.

Yeah but a faff to get them to work, and that isn't a solution from Nvidia.

It's not any sort of "faff" it's exactly what you're supposed to do when your card doesn't recognize the .exe of a game through Nvidia's control panel. The reason it doesn't detect it, is because it goes through UPlay instead of a direct folder.

It's the same thing as trying to browse for a file. Just change the path and then change the 3D settings.

-------------------------

Laptops are amazing for gaming on the go.

In the future, going forward, let's try to be more supportive. Yes, Mobile Video Cards are not supported by Ubisoft officially. But that's what the forums are for, to help others. If you don't know the answer, don't respond. Putting people down because of their choice of gaming peripheral doesn't make any sense, especially when the person putting people down doesn't have a clue as to what they're talking about.

Jessigirl2013
03-02-2016, 09:02 PM
This is quite incorrect. I'm running Syndicate at max settings on a 770m.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]It's not any sort of "faff" it's exactly what you're supposed to do when your card doesn't recognize the .exe of a game through Nvidia's control panel. The reason it doesn't detect it, is because it goes through UPlay instead of a direct folder.

It's the same thing as trying to browse for a file. Just change the path and then change the 3D settings.

-------------------------

Laptops are amazing for gaming on the go.

In the future, going forward, let's try to be more supportive. Yes, Mobile Video Cards are not supported by Ubisoft officially. But that's what the forums are for, to help others. If you don't know the answer, don't respond. Putting people down because of their choice of gaming peripheral doesn't make any sense, especially when the person putting people down doesn't have a clue as to what they're talking about.

If laptops can handle Syndicate why are they not supported then?:rolleyes:

MnemonicSyntax
03-02-2016, 09:08 PM
If laptops can handle Syndicate why are they not supported then?:rolleyes:

Because people buy laptops and don't know what hardware is in their machine.

And it's not a matter of "if", "laptops" can handle Syndicate. But not all laptops. That's why Ubisoft doesn't support them officially, even though I've seen support for them from Ubisoft representatives here on the forums.

It's basically a catch all to cover themselves.

Regardless, the attitudes regarding the issue stink. Either help or move on. Repeating "they aren't officially supported" doesn't help one bit if you didn't even bother to try to actually help in the first place.

rikwes66
03-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Because people buy laptops and don't know what hardware is in their machine.

And it's not a matter of "if", "laptops" can handle Syndicate. But not all laptops. That's why Ubisoft doesn't support them officially, even though I've seen support for them from Ubisoft representatives here on the forums.

It's basically a catch all to cover themselves.

Regardless, the attitudes regarding the issue stink. Either help or move on. Repeating "they aren't officially supported" doesn't help one bit if you didn't even bother to try to actually help in the first place.

indeed .Fact is most folks using laptops assume the dedicated GPU is always used automatically ,but that's simply not the case .That has nothing to do with the capability of that GPU but rather with how Optimus works...

If you have minmum of 2 Gb Videoram on your GPU and a decent CPU you can run Syndicate on medium or high settings without any ( graphics- related ) problems .I'm runnng MMO's like GW 2 or ESO on high settings on my laptop without any issues whatsoever . I can tell you it has no problems running Syndicate as well ;)

Jessigirl2013
03-05-2016, 12:27 PM
indeed .Fact is most folks using laptops assume the dedicated GPU is always used automatically ,but that's simply not the case .That has nothing to do with the capability of that GPU but rather with how Optimus works...

If you have minmum of 2 Gb Videoram on your GPU and a decent CPU you can run Syndicate on medium or high settings without any ( graphics- related ) problems .I'm runnng MMO's like GW 2 or ESO on high settings on my laptop without any issues whatsoever . I can tell you it has no problems running Syndicate as well ;)

Just curious, Do you use the trackpad or a mouse?