PDA

View Full Version : Mic being forced active

Spacecore..
11-26-2015, 06:43 PM
While playing the game, at seemingly random times, myself and several others have had our mics go hot on us where they are always transmitting no matter what we have it set to. We could have push to talk on or even have the mic disabled in-game, yet it will continuously transmit. I believe it is quite obvious how this could get very annoying very fast, especially when someone has significant background noise.

The only way we have found to fix it is to change you mic settings to a different setting and then back to push to talk, but this is only temporary. It happens almost every match, and several times per match sometimes.

Keksbendiger
11-26-2015, 07:14 PM
me and my friends discovered the same problem, addiotionally, when you change the "Voice Chat Record Level", it effects not only the game, but the whole PC.. so setting this to 0 to prevent the random-activating-mic-bug from happening, no one in skype or teamspeak or anything else can hear you :S

Spacecore..
11-26-2015, 07:35 PM
yeah, that's why we've been fixing it the way I said, so we can still use push to talk for in-game teammates if we aren't running a 5 man.

Rilandas
11-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Happens for me and my friends. It's starting already on squad creation.
We thought Uplay was at fault and disabled voice transmission there, but it didn't help.
To fix this, you have to use push-to-talk and press push-to-talk-button once -> no more continuous transmission.

TooTargle
11-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Happens for me and my friends. It's starting already on squad creation.
We thought Uplay was at fault and disabled voice transmission there, but it didn't help.
To fix this, you have to use push-to-talk and press push-to-talk-button once -> no more continuous transmission.

I haven't actually had this problem, actually I've only had the reverse.
It's utterly annoying when people are playing but not talking, its such an important part of the game.
Its only my opinion, but I think mics should be locked on.

Spacecore..
11-27-2015, 07:07 AM
I haven't actually had this problem, actually I've only had the reverse.
It's utterly annoying when people are playing but not talking, its such an important part of the game.
Its only my opinion, but I think mics should be locked on.

do you understand how bad of an idea that is? You will hear EVERYTHING on that persons end of things. Their background noise, fans, talking to people in real life, coughing, and in some cases their game sound if they aren't using a headset...and there are a surpassing amount of people who don't use headsets. I don't wanna listen to everything from 1 person, nonetheless the whole team. I want to hear call outs and tactical information. I want to chose when I speak in-game and I want others to chose when they speak in-game, not constant open mics.

Oh and I might add, you know how this is a tactical game? where you need to hear footsteps, jammers, batteries, shooting, nades etc... well you cant do that with people on your team having hot mics.

TLDR
so my rant is done, mics locked on is counter productive and frankly kinda invading peoples privacy.... if you wanna do that just go work for the NSA.