PDA

View Full Version : Issues pre-loading open beta on PC

SPURIOUSSPARROW
11-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I thought I would bring it to your attention that not only is the beta experiencing problems that have resulted in a delay (which is mostly okay given that Thanksgiving is better spent with family than with video games), but some PC players are not even able to pre-load the beta at all. I know because I am one of these players.

There is no option in my main UPlay account to download the game, despite a big news banner saying "pre-load now." There are no links in the article. It does not show in my games list, even under the "hidden" option. My UPlay account, which was created after purchasing a game on Steam a long time ago, doesn't even have a shop option.

I did some Googling, and eventually ran across a post saying I should create a new account to fix the problem. I figured that was absurd, but I tried it anyway. And guess what? It worked. I now have all those fancy options my other account lacks, including the ability to "shop"--an important feature given that it is how I can most easily give you my money--and pre-load R6 Siege. I'm pleased to say the beta is now pre-loading, and I look forward to playing it tomorrow.

If any other PC players are having this issue, I hope they find this thread. And Ubi, I want to go on record as saying that it is absolutely ridiculous that I should have to create a new account to be able to add games or pre-load the beta. Something is seriously wrong with your platform when that's the workaround. Please fix it.

Love,

Sparrow