PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for wasting my time

Imnotbuyingthis
11-26-2015, 11:35 AM
I was stoked on this game and was really looking forward to trying it out in the beta but since the "open beta" still hasn't worked for me it seems I wont get that chance. I don't get how it's been out for all this time and I still don't have access to ubisoft servers and I've tried deleting and downloading it again 3 times in some hope it will work, but nothing. Just because I refuse to preorder is no reason I should get lied to and I don't play these silly games. The more people let devs screw them around the more they will so maybe next time ubisoft.....

beep_bep
11-26-2015, 05:54 PM
I was stoked on this game and was really looking forward to trying it out in the beta but since the "open beta" still hasn't worked for me it seems I wont get that chance. I don't get how it's been out for all this time and I still don't have access to ubisoft servers and I've tried deleting and downloading it again 3 times in some hope it will work, but nothing. Just because I refuse to preorder is no reason I should get lied to and I don't play these silly games. The more people let devs screw them around the more they will so maybe next time ubisoft.....

I hear you man. It's understandable that those who pre-ordered should feel a little more "entitled" to services when they are told they will have access to said services, however we're all equally annoyed at Ubisoft for not dedicating time to making this a smoother procedure. There is absolutely no excuse in 2015 as to why this happened. Granted, it does happen (see dead island releasing a dev build to steam as the full release..) and the game will continue to make money regardless; however a considerable amount of people who were looking forward to this open beta now had their plans thrown into the air because of a poorly run company. Before anyone throws out the typical "boo hoo don't play it then" Yeah, we get that you're an *** hat, but for those who think for themselves it's kind of annoying that 75% of the population are mindless and support the bad customer service and business practices that are evidently destroying the video game industry.

Damn I could rant all day about how video games just aren't the same as they used to be, haha. Especially when crown companies like Ubisoft and Rockstar make it so, so, so, so easy.

I was going to buy Siege but during this 'unforeseen consequence' I lost interest due to having my hopes let down and found Anno Online, a F2P game that I intend on paying nothing for. I know nobody here cares, but my point stands, this kind of PR directly affects sales.... it amazes me that this seems to elude most people let alone employees in the industry.

For every one person who speaks up about this online there are a hundred who 'suffer in silence' so to speak and that is why year after year Call of Duty is literally copy pasted to another disc and why we feel every single chance that game devs get to let us down they take.. Look at how indie-devs handle community feedback and follow suit. We need to stop letting AAA developers walk all over us.