PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate PC bug

KawaiiPi
11-26-2015, 07:38 AM
AC Syndicate continues to crash whenever I fast travel or during the loading screen when you click continue. Fix this please, it's getting really irritating.:mad:

YazX_
11-26-2015, 10:23 AM
make sure your game version is 1.12 (appears in top right of game main menu) and also try these if it is still crashing:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

Acrimon
11-26-2015, 10:39 AM
I used to crash in AC:S until I found out what the problem was. This goes for most of the crashes:

The crashes are causes by too much GPU ram use. Go to settings, video, then graphics. On the right you can see a bar which shows how much ram you are using. Make sure it is well below the maximum as other applications also use GPU ram.
After I disabled most/heavyGPU ram using applications in windows itself AND adjusted the AC:S settings to only use about 80-85% of the total GPU ram, the crashing stopped completely.

It is very important to note, that not only AC:S uses the GPU ram. Due to the AC:S settings only showing the ram AC:S itself will use, it is very easy to overload the GPU ram(causes the crashing). Make sure you set the GPU ram settings so all of windows+AC:S can be using the same amount of GPU ram together.
Make sure to reboot the pc after disabling the GPU ram windows applications, as the GPU ram will already be reserved.

**Disabling windows aero also saved a nice chunk of GPU ram. Right-click your desktop, go to personalize and select a basic windows theme, not aero.

Edit: I still cannot run AC:S on max setting, but I have no lag or crash issues!
Edit2: Noticed I accidently used AC:U instead of AC:S ... all the above applies to AC:Syndicate
Edit3: My gpu: 980 gtx gaming(4GB ram)

Frag_Maniac
11-26-2015, 02:28 PM
You don't need to disable Aero via Windows to achieve that. You can just use the shortcut/properties/compatibility path to disable it only while the game is playing. Checking the boxes to disable "desktop composition" and "visual themes" on the compatibility tab has the same effect, and you still get Aero for desktop use while not playing. Plus you can use that tab to also make the game run in Administrator mode.

Acrimon
11-26-2015, 03:20 PM
You don't need to disable Aero via Windows to achieve that. You can just use the shortcut/properties/compatibility path to disable it only while the game is playing. Checking the boxes to disable "desktop composition" and "visual themes" on the compatibility tab has the same effect, and you still get Aero for desktop use while not playing. Plus you can use that tab to also make the game run in Administrator mode.

True! But the issue is, it will already have your GPU ram reserved for the windows aero. Which means it would still take up space on the ram. But there's no harm in people trying it, it might work too.

I'm kinda curious to see if anyone with the crash issue(s) has managed to fix the crashing by using the GPU ram solution I provided above, or if it was just me for some reason.

biggerblade
11-26-2015, 03:21 PM
ACS is just crap! its not working at all on my PC. Costumor support cant help me. I have a Highend pc with I7 4790k And gtx 980 TI

biggerblade
11-26-2015, 03:25 PM
make sure your game version is 1.12 (appears in top right of game main menu) and also try these if it is still crashing:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

BTW you are wasting our time, none of your solutions is working. Its a problem with the game. It was made for consoles, and just too poorly coded for PC.

GrimShins
11-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Your issue might be caused by the 980 TI being a dual card(two in one).

Uh, what? The 980 Ti is a single Maxwell chip. Nvidia doesn't have a dual-gpu card in their current lineup.

The "power boost" you refer to would more accurately be called "reclocking," and occurs when loading any 3D game.

YazX_
11-26-2015, 04:47 PM
BTW you are wasting our time, none of your solutions is working. Its a problem with the game. It was made for consoles, and just too poorly coded for PC.

First, those are not solutions BUT POSSIBLE solutions and its mentioned clearly in the thread, and i always advise to contact Ubisoft Support if you are having issues and its also mentioned many times in the thread.

Second, no one is forcing you to try these steps, its mentioned clearly in that thread that those steps were put together by myself, so if you don't like it don't try them and wait for Ubisoft Support reply.

Third, i'm not obligated to help you or anyone with issues since you can CLEARLY read i'm an Volunteer AC Forums Mod and don't work for Ubisoft which means i moderate and Ubisoft Support is the official channel that you should communicate with for any issues, helping others and putting together help threads to diagnose and possibly fix problems is something extra i do it in my own time WASTING it for helping others, if this is wasting your time then AGAIN, no one is forcing you to do so but others find it very useful and it helps them alot , so don't generalize and assume that everyone is WASTING his time.

Fourth, no need for this attacking attitude, it doesn't help anyone and its definitely against forum rules.

Acrimon
11-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Uh, what? The 980 Ti is a single Maxwell chip. Nvidia doesn't have a dual-gpu card in their current lineup.

The "power boost" you refer to would more accurately be called "reclocking," and occurs when loading any 3D game.

My bad, when checking the specs for the card I accidently stumbled upon an SLI spec site hehe.

With the power I meant the current(W) the card is drawing from the power supply. If it cannot supply that power, that might cause the game to not start. This idea might not be valid anymore though, as his card does not require too much power.

Anyways, he should open a topic for his specific issue, someone else might be able to help him.

I'll edit my earlier post(removed it instead).

GhostAssassinLT
11-26-2015, 06:33 PM
ACS is just crap! its not working at all on my PC. Costumor support cant help me. I have a Highend pc with I7 4790k And gtx 980 TI
The game is working just fine for lots of people (including me), so the game is not crap. Most likely it's something on your computer that is causing the problem, like a bad driver or something running in the background.

strigoi1958
11-27-2015, 12:05 AM

You are out of line there... YazX doesn't get paid he's a guy who gives a great deal of his time to come here and help people like you and I... he's talked me through quite a few problems even when I was being irrational... like you are being now..
Sorting out individual problems when the game is absolutely amazing on hundreds of thousands of PC's is not just a 1 question 1 answer fix. We all have to go through a period of trial and error to rule out the possible solutions to get to the answer.... if you don't appreciate someone going out of their way and giving up their own free time to help then try to fix it on your own. :(

If you have really tried every possible solution then you should just return and say that and ask what else might help. Don't have a go at the guy who fixes things around here.

Frag_Maniac
11-27-2015, 12:10 AM
True! But the issue is, it will already have your GPU ram reserved for the windows aero. Which means it would still take up space on the ram. But there's no harm in people trying it, it might work too.

I'm kinda curious to see if anyone with the crash issue(s) has managed to fix the crashing by using the GPU ram solution I provided above, or if it was just me for some reason.

It works fine the way I mentioned. You should be looking at "Available" RAM in Task Manager, not "Cached", or "reserved" as you call it. Just because the OS caches RAM for Aero doesn't mean it's using it while high resource use progs like games are running.