PDA

View Full Version : World War One

SnaggedKey0420
11-26-2015, 06:59 AM
So just levelled to 8 but still on memory sequence 6 and I find this WWI memory. I had a venture in and did the first mission but I was just wondering when I should play this. I know its a different time and all that and its not gonna affect my main game except (money and xp). Should I just breeze through it now?

Danny_rx7
11-26-2015, 01:09 PM
It doesn't matter, just play it when you want...

SnaggedKey0420
11-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Ok will do. Maybe a couple in there and then a couple in the main game. Thanks

D.I.D.
11-26-2015, 08:45 PM
I wish I'd played it earlier. I didn't even notice it was there until I'd finished the last mission of the game! A vital crafting item for one of my favourite outfits is in a crate inside WWI (Boudicca's item which unlocks Evie's Nightshade Cloak - looks incredible in Wine, Steel Grey, Black!).

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 04:34 PM
I wish I'd played it earlier. I didn't even notice it was there until I'd finished the last mission of the game! A vital crafting item for one of my favourite outfits is in a crate inside WWI (Boudicca's item which unlocks Evie's Nightshade Cloak - looks incredible in Wine, Steel Grey, Black!).

Yeah, they did a decent job hiding it, considering how relatively big of a secret it was. I mean, the fact that it existed was all over the web, but it's just kind of an innocuous speck on the edge of the map.

D.I.D.
11-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I thought the WWI part was great, and a really good example of how to provide a manageable chunk of a time period that maybe doesn't warrant having an entire game but still has something wonderful to offer. You know I'm about to nitpick though because that's what I do.

Something that bugged me in the WWI section: the "Was England Will" poster. I don't know if that one slipped by because the words appear to be English words when they're really not (being the German for "What England Wants to Do", which is why the poster depicts thousands of British planes carpet-bombing the land below and burying the surface in a solid blanket of fire), but that poster has no business being alongside the others. It doesn't even make sense in the context that there are German spies in London: the poster is neatly displayed among a bunch of British propaganda posters; there's nothing subversive about the placement (i,e. slapped up over the top of British posters as an act of vandalism, maybe); few Londoners would even have been able to read it, since the smaller print is yet more German. There are always inaccuracies in AC and perhaps I was over-sensitive to this one, but this felt really bizarre when I saw it.