PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India & Russia

Littleweasel
11-26-2015, 04:25 AM
any news on when either of these games will become available?

everything ive seen about these 2 titles is that is will be out in the 4th quarter of 2015, well its almost december already and i have not heard any new news on them yet.

VoXngola
11-26-2015, 04:32 AM
They've become mysteriiiouuus.

No seriously there's nothing known about them. The most recent news is that the achievments of Russia are out. I really don't know what happened here. I was so sure that they'd all come out before Syndicate, and here we are.

Sorrosyss
11-28-2015, 02:23 AM
It's really odd why it's gone so quiet. The main site had a link to a trilogy pack for a time too. I hope one releases soon, kind of in a lull having finished Syndicate with no multiplayer to sate me this year.

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I can't help but think that China did poorly enough that Ubisoft is considering giving up on the project.

BananaBlighter
11-30-2015, 07:07 PM
I can't help but think that China did poorly enough that Ubisoft is considering giving up on the project.

Well it doesn't really make sense then, that we've got all the achievement lists now.

I think their reaction to it's poor reception was more like, "OK, let's spend some more time on these games in order to make them suck less,".

I-Like-Pie45
11-30-2015, 07:11 PM
these games will become available as a pre-order bonus for AC2016

ze_topazio
11-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Soon™

I-Like-Pie45
11-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Soon™

You stole that from me which I stole from Eric-ND

SixKeys
11-30-2015, 08:14 PM

That would be extremely odd, considering how much in advance they started advertising these games as a trilogy and the fact that one of the levels was fully playable at E3.

Well it doesn't really make sense then, that we've got all the achievement lists now.

I think their reaction to it's poor reception was more like, "OK, let's spend some more time on these games in order to make them suck less,".

More like: "Let's space out the release of all these AC games so people don't get fed up with them so fast".
Last year we got Chronicles: China, Rogue and Unity in quick succession, with the other two Chronicles games planned to be released "soon". Then Unity happened and Ubi was taken aback by people blaming the short development cycle for the game's faults.

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 08:16 PM
That would be extremely odd, considering how much in advance they started advertising these games as a trilogy and the fact that one of the levels was fully playable at E3.

Sure, but it's not as if games have never been scrapped in mid to late production. It's pretty common in the industry, guys...

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2015, 08:21 PM
I think they plan to dump the games early next year.

December is Jack the Ripper DLC. The Last Maharaja is slated for January 2016, so I think Chronicles India will come out at the same time since it might be related to that mission-pack.

Russia might come in February or March at the latest. March or April is AC Announcement Month usually...so it will space people out evenly until the next game comes in. And of course that might be when the first teaser for AC:The Movie (aka 100% guaranteed disaster) will appear.

RVSage
11-30-2015, 08:30 PM
I think they plan to dump the games early next year.

December is Jack the Ripper DLC. The Last Maharaja is slated for January 2016, so I think Chronicles India will come out at the same time since it might be related to that mission-pack.

Russia might come in February or March at the latest. March or April is AC Announcement Month usually...so it will space people out evenly until the next game comes in. And of course that might be when the first teaser for AC:The Movie (aka 100% guaranteed disaster) will appear.

May I know, why you think the movie will be a disaster?

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2015, 09:27 PM
May I know, why you think the movie will be a disaster?

1) It's a video game movie, there hasn't been one good video game movie (unless you count Scott Pilgrim and Wreck-It-Ralph which are not really video game movies). All video game movies are therefore guilty until proven redeemable.

2) Their idea of tackling the complex AC mythology is stupid and it seems to be based more on genetic memory and some cornball stuff in Reconquista Spain then the essence of the game. It would be highly confusing to a general audience unfamiliar with the games.

3) They haven't hired a film-maker with a strong vision to really tackle the concept. They should have gotten someone like John Carpenter a great genre film-maker, who also plays video games and loves Assassin's Creed, instead of a guy who made a forgettable version of Macbeth and is doing his second major film.

ze_topazio
11-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Mortal Kombat 1 is awesome and anyone who disagrees is ugly and smells bad.

RA503
11-30-2015, 10:43 PM
Some people note in Tomb Raider fan base that RISE's plot use the same formula as the movie,but is gone right since some things only work in video games...

What you think is better ?

AC movie is praise by critcs and bomb in in the box office (MAD MAX FURY ROAD, SCOTT PILGRIN...)

AC movie is a huge sucess but critics hate (Fast and Furious and transformer franchises)

The bad is if be Meh,sometimes is better Fail epically tham be meh(Prince of Percia movie)...

cawatrooper9
11-30-2015, 10:48 PM

AC movie is praise by critcs and bomb in in the box office (MAD MAX FURY ROAD, SCOTT PILGRIN...)

AC movie is a huge sucess but critics hate (Fast and Furious and transformer franchises)

The bad is if be Meh,sometimes is better Fail epically tham be meh(Prince of Percia movie)...

Honestly, I don't care. All I care is if I personally enjoy it.

RA503
11-30-2015, 10:52 PM
Honestly, I don't care. All I care is if I personally enjoy it.

I will like to think like you,but in some places, if you likes a movie that critics hate you not treated like a human being ex : Star Wars Prequels...

is very sad likes something alone,is hard to find someone that likes to talk about the new tomb raider...

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2015, 11:03 PM
Some people note in Tomb Raider fan base that RISE's plot use the same formula as the movie,but is gone right since some things only work in video games...

FURY ROAD was a box-office success, I don't know why you call it a bomb.

As for me, I am not producing the AC movies, so the box-office success or lack thereof of AC Movies does not matter to me one bit. In general I don't like to wish ill on anyone, even a bad movie is a collaborative work and people's livelihood depends on that.

As a fan, I want a good movie pure and simple. Just like I want a good game. I generally don't think AC could work as movies since the concept is something you can really only do in games.

Locopells
12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
1) It's a video game movie, there hasn't been one good video game movie (unless you count Scott Pilgrim and Wreck-It-Ralph which are not really video game movies). All video game movies are therefore guilty until proven redeemable.

2) Their idea of tackling the complex AC mythology is stupid and it seems to be based more on genetic memory and some cornball stuff in Reconquista Spain then the essence of the game. It would be highly confusing to a general audience unfamiliar with the games.

3) They haven't hired a film-maker with a strong vision to really tackle the concept. They should have gotten someone like John Carpenter a great genre film-maker, who also plays video games and loves Assassin's Creed, instead of a guy who made a forgettable version of Macbeth and is doing his second major film.

Hey, I liked the PoP movie! But then, I've never played the games so that doesn't really count. I wish they'd stop doing Hitman movies though...

I'll wait and see, on 2...

3 - maybe that's a good thing - means they haven't got someone who insists on screwing up the film, to fit their own style/ego, but takes direction...

Oh, the critics will hate it on principle...

As for the OT, no one's talking, so no idea...