PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions

ManiK_Impresive
01-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm new to IL-2 i just got it last week I have a couple questions...

1. I downloaded the poloshed aluminum skin off of IL-2 skins and when I try to select it in multiplayer it only has the default and void, why wont the skin work?

2. Is there any way to fly bombers in single player missions and if there is, is there a way to switch to one of the gunner positions?

3. On the forum I see peole with threads about the B-17 and stuff and I've seen in in videos people have made, do I need to get FB to fly them or are there downloadable planes?

ManiK_Impresive
01-11-2004, 12:47 PM

1. I downloaded the poloshed aluminum skin off of IL-2 skins and when I try to select it in multiplayer it only has the default and void, why wont the skin work?

2. Is there any way to fly bombers in single player missions and if there is, is there a way to switch to one of the gunner positions?

3. On the forum I see peole with threads about the B-17 and stuff and I've seen in in videos people have made, do I need to get FB to fly them or are there downloadable planes?

Copperhead310th
01-11-2004, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ManiK_Impresive:

question

Answer: All skins must be in 256 colors & in Bitmap format to work in game. bestprograms for making skins are Adobe Photo Shop & Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 or 8. Peronally i use Pain shop pro 7.

question:

Answer.
Of couse. but the only bombers that you can do that in is the He-111, TB-3, IL-2, & Stuka.
the button to change postions from pilot to guner & back is "C" on your keyboard by default.

Question:

Asnwer.
The B-17 is only an AI plane. in other words there is no **** pit modeled for it. So it's only flyable from the out side. Also you can only do this Online. Differnat severs will have some AI as flyable. Some won't have any.

Logon to Hypperloby Download the latest client vertion there & have fun. All of the best pilots play there. (sorta like all seeing eye but free) here's a link to hypper lobby.
Hypper lobby (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz)

Anything else you need to know?

http://imageshack.us/files/380th%20siggy.jpg

ManiK_Impresive
01-11-2004, 02:59 PM
so you would have to make a custom mission to fly the bombers? ok then that leads me to another question, when i tried to make a custom mission i couldnt figure out how to place things on the map how do I?

Copperhead310th
01-12-2004, 06:03 AM
no you don't have to make a custom skin to fly a bomber.

you can fly the He-111, IL-2, Stuka, or tb3 anytime right out of the box.

http://imageshack.us/files/380th%20siggy.jpg