PDA

View Full Version : The death of this game

StuntedFetus
11-25-2015, 11:41 PM
Will inevitably come if you do not fix matchmaking. No, it is not the players fault for not "troubleshooting internet issues".

It is on your end, and it IS possible to make it work. This is 2015, plenty of games get it right. I understand this is beta, but an issue like this forces your player/fan/testing base away, reducing your very own progress. Having to spend 90% of your time in the Matchmaking Simulator 2015, with such a minimum gametime WILL destroy your game, reduce sales, and stall the testing phase. Don't let all your work be for nothing. If this isn't fixed, every single person I have talked to will not buy your game. This is the trend, it is this simple.
I was very disappointed to see nothing had been done to optimize this after the closed beta :confused:

So far, the multiplayer matchmaking behavior is like this:

Single person, most efficient, takes maybe 2-3 tries on average to successfully enter a game.

A party of 2-4 friends, horribly broken. 5-15 tries and much time is wasted. Many times have my friends and I, simply quit trying, without ever getting into a game.

A party of 5 friends (full team), somewhat similar to a single person joining. 2-5 tries usually necessary.

With a party of 2-4 friends making up a lot of the attempts, this is simply unacceptable.

Please, listen to your testers.

NotVelar
11-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Way less problems would be with dedicated servers (at least for PC). This Game will have alot of troubles considering competetiveness (is that a word?) if they won't support dedicated servers on PC and allow only the MM to work - i know consoles are consoles but pc's are pc's.

RC-ViSo36
11-26-2015, 12:39 AM
A party of 2-4 friends, horribly broken. 5-15 tries and much time is wasted. Many times have my friends and I, simply quit trying, without ever getting into a game.

A party of 5 friends (full team), somewhat similar to a single person joining. 2-5 tries usually necessary.[/I]
For my team is the other way:
Singleplayer its "ok", 1-3 tries (should be always 1 try)
2-4 players is worse than single-player, 2-6 tries.
5 players is the most horrible one, 5-15 tries.