PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta the second - low server frames, low tickrate, high ping

ohShield.Elec
11-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Yes, i love this game really damn hard, but i going crazy if the following will stay in the game
As you can see... i've been shooted around the wall, clearly behind cover.

https://youtu.be/LtQYJnbUyk0

I will continue posting Videos here like that, to make sure someone important may recognize it and change something.
For example the tickrate of the player-server communication.
Look at battlefield 4 how smooth and clear and directly it now works with this higher server tickrates. They called it "Hz".
I'm sure that also would fix that one shot kill ****, discussed in other threads.

So long... elec
PS: Again, thank you for that nice game!

UWS.Comrade
11-27-2015, 07:20 AM
This needs to be on the front page, bumped hourly and kept there.

Why are the developers not being transparent about the tick rate issue (or something else if not that).

It feels incredibly low, there is too many instances of being killed behind cover yet for them, you weren't. Too many instant deaths with nothing but the sound of dropping to the ground, yet on the enemy screen you hear the bullets being fired.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3ue45j/why_r6s_fails_from_the_view_of_a_pc_competitive/

^ Widely up-voted and some transparency is in order.

ohShield.Elec
11-27-2015, 06:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBxwkiMHtQ

Next one

I_CANT_AIM_BTW
11-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes please for the love of everything, up the tickrate. This is the largest problem this game has, and will be it's downfall on the competitive scene if it's not addressed.

XTeCnOX1
11-27-2015, 08:44 PM
I agree

MAGA.Tacohealer
11-27-2015, 09:03 PM
sub

Reducey
11-27-2015, 09:59 PM
I wish the devs would just come out and admit that the tick rate is so low. I'll take less destruction if it would guarantee a better tick rate, if that even affect it.

QuidProQuoo
11-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Competitive game with insane hit detection like this won't live a long life...

eKo-Wigzz
11-27-2015, 10:08 PM
thumbs up

Hovenberg
11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Ah that explains it lmao. I'm not even thinking of rbss being competitive anytime but even for a casual game this sucks.
Had it happen at least 5 times today.

S4R1N.PdM
11-27-2015, 10:44 PM
This makes a lot of sense, at first I thought it was just weird beta lag spikes, but nope.

Also explains the amount of kills I've gotten where I've actually said to myself "that was bs...no way should I have got that".

Misathanas
11-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Bumb! This is the biggest issue with the game. No matter if you're playing ranked or casual, **** like this won't be looked at for long.

Malkavia.
11-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Bump! lookie at this one ubisoft.

Aherys.Sy
11-28-2015, 02:13 AM
bump

ohShield.Elec
11-28-2015, 04:03 AM
even the bots...

https://youtu.be/s2z840Lud_w

ShredatorFIN
11-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Looks terribly like Battlefield 4 at it's worst.. weird I haven't noticed it as clearly as this, but on videos it's evident.

Low tickrate caused to BF4 fail as competitive game. Hope it's just the Beta servers, not final. Gonna buy from Steam on day 1 probably, but if it's like this.. gonna get a refund.

In this kind of small 5 v 5 game with high stakes on every kill, every corner peak.. this should NEVER happen, not even once.

SoManyDeads
11-28-2015, 10:19 AM
refresh for awareness!

spencer_vk
11-28-2015, 11:31 AM
I feel like every time I benefit from this I'm dissuading people from buying the game, and when it happens to me I just try to accept it and move on. But seriously, this is TOP PRIORITY. You will lose any chance at making money on this game if this is all the attention it is getting, and as long as the low tickrate and poor server connections remain this game will receive NOTHING BUT THAT no matter what type of spin you try to put on it with your media contacts.

Fix it, or die. Not my job at stake, and I'm taking the time out of my morning right now to post this. Be TRANSPARENT and FIX IT.

Misathanas
11-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Bumping for visibility, this **** needs the most attention.

TMR.Predator
11-28-2015, 04:15 PM
+1

Larry1212
11-28-2015, 05:57 PM
Awesome job! I see this happening every game!

It's great someone is actually making videos about this. If I could rep I would!!

B.Dalton
11-29-2015, 01:30 AM
Awesome job! I see this happening every game!

It's great someone is actually making videos about this. If I could rep I would!!

Rep him by liking the vids on youtube, subbing or sharing..or all three. If he is a partner it'll net him ad revenue. If he's indeed monetized and has an ad click it too for the good effort if you're really froggy. I've been meaning to capture some myself but always get caught up in just playing testing diff operators/gear lately.

Hope to see this issue fixed up shortly. I know UBI has visibility on it but hadn't seen a dev come forward with anything ref the situation or the way ahead.

Thanks!

hollywoodmeow
11-29-2015, 06:15 AM
i agree. the game is very fun but tickrate feels like ~33ish, sometimes shots simply dont register even with low ping. this game will not succeed in competitive play with low tick rate - period

Mahogany_Black
11-29-2015, 06:23 AM
agree

SnerKcs
12-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Well these problems just got my "I am 100% sure to buy friend" to pass this game. GJ ubisoft. Back to cs:(

BaronUmbra
12-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Happens to me, too. Every game. Not as bad as in the vids but still... Sneaking in a room, guy appears in front of me and I'm instantly dead. On kill cams you can see he actually shot 3-4 bullets until the final round headshotted me. Didn't hear the first bullets though... btw he actually didn't know I was coming just bad tick rate worked in his advantage.
And ping is utter **** (sorry). I'm usually running at 10-30ms depending on network load. In this game im at 90-150ms. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!
Still playing, still hating. ;) Just address these 2 issues soon (patch the game, buy servers and/or call chuck norris idc). It's a great game but please...just fix it :)

Greetings,
Baron von Stabossen

SamKrieg
12-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Yep, still a big issue. In pubs? Annoying for sure but whatever, got not much else to play right now however the thought of playing the game competitively in it's current state of mostly rng combat in a tactical shooter? Definitely gonna pass for now, sadly.

Larry1212
12-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Still happening on the released game. Not nearly as bad as the Open Beta but it's still really bad. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Whatever it is, whether it's low tick rates or whatever, it needs fixing.