PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate expansion discuss

Al-Midir
11-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Notice that the following article is extremely long and was originally created for a Ubisoft official worker to read just turn every ticket i say into thread. Following content may contain spoiler based on what's your personal define on spoiler. Also you may notice weird choose of word or grammar since my home language isn't English

Jacob and Evie is one of Ubisoft's biggest success. I have an idea but apparently just in real life my idea is always ignored in a group. I have a suggestion and if Ubisoft likes it pls host a vote among the players to decide to do it or not. Remember Rogue has same ui and extremely similar play style with the previous one which is black flag? I suggest to do it again to syndicate, but don't change the main characters which is Jacob and Evie. It's very very nice to see them reconcile and I believe and hope people want to see more after that. Put the story line at about 5 to 10 years after syndicate. The Rooks completely conquered London and take steady control of it. But peace never last long... Crawford Starrick's illegitimate child (twin,one male and one female, as old as our dear Jacob and Evie of course) and brought The Blighters back and took London. This new one will focus on Jacob and Evie working together taking their part to work things out more. Constantly switching perspective between Jacob and Evie like the last sequence of last memory. Or you also can choose one character to focus on . My example will be at the next update of this ticket. Now about the length. There is two choices: make it a new game that has same ui and extremely similar play style with the previous one which have normal 9 to 12 sequences or make it a dlc to syndicate which have 2 to 4 sequences. Of course a new game like Rogue is better but DLC would definitely be more efficient since this is not one of the last Assassin's Creed games(right?) and there isn't infinite time. If it is a dlc I suggest to reset at least two or three hardest borough's conquer process since Starrick's illegitimate twin children took over the city once. If it's a dlc it would be weird if it comes out later then Jack the Ripper since the timeline is earlier then Jack the Ripper so it can come out earlier or the same time as Jack the Ripper. And another suggestion is that u can only access to Jack the Ripper after you finished main storyline and conquered all boroughs to match the time line. Same rule applies to this dlc/sequence game if you guys decide to do it. (PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS do at host the vote as soon as Ubisoft decide it's possible. It would be the grandest miracle in my life.) That's it for today the next ticket update will be at tomorrow if my schedule doesn't change. Oh and I'll only update the ticket if you guys reply first so i can have some basic feedback to change my plan

D.I.D.
11-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Jack The Ripper DLC achievements have already been announced, so it must be coming really soon. The idea you're suggesting would take a long time to make.

The reason Rogue was possible in a year was that it wasn't a response to the success of Black Flag - it was in development already, and continued. I would love to see London exploited further, though. There was so much transformation during the Victorian period, and any later setting is going to make it feel fresh again. We could get an underground train network, or the original 12th century Knights Templar churches/courts as Tomb levels. There were questions in the survey about the possibility of more games with the Fryes, so I suspect your wish is being granted even as we speak. (Maybe not about Starrick's kids, though. Not everything has to be about everyone's kids ;) )

BananaBlighter
11-25-2015, 11:12 PM
I'd love an expansion for Syndicate. London was such a great city, it could definitely be reused, with some upgrades. For example, a more extensive underground network (including the London Underground train system). Maybe even adding more interiors if the game can be optimized enough to handle it, or just creating some for the landmarks that were missing them.

Another campaign would be a must, bringing back the Twins. I was thinking something to extend the Queen Victoria missions where you fight to keep control of London from the remaining Templars. These Templars would almost act like terrorists, which would bring the introduction of some new mechanics revolving around vehicles, such as derailing trains and train + carriage collisions.

Multiplayer was a missed opportunity for Syndicate. I do not believe that it is essential for AC, though I feel like London was the perfect setting to muck about with your friends. Maybe even introduce splitscreen, since we have two playable characters already.

London and the twins were the highlights of Syndicate for many. Building on this with an expansion could really improve a game that has many flaws elsewhere. Even minor improvements to mechanics that we have been begging for could make an appearance!

Jack The Ripper DLC achievements have already been announced, so it must be coming really soon. The idea you're suggesting would take a long time to make.

The reason Rogue was possible in a year was that it wasn't a response to the success of Black Flag - it was in development already, and continued. I would love to see London exploited further, though. There was so much transformation during the Victorian period, and any later setting is going to make it feel fresh again. We could get an underground train network, or the original 12th century Knights Templar churches/courts as Tomb levels. There were questions in the survey about the possibility of more games with the Fryes, so I suspect your wish is being granted even as we speak. (Maybe not about Starrick's kids, though. Not everything has to be about everyone's kids ;) )

Wow this was exactly what I was thinking and I hadn't even read your post!