PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.20: wow. Graphics PS4 much improved

Deezl-V
11-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Is it just me, but on the ps4, the graphics looks great now after the patch. It's so vibrant and detailed now. Lighting looks amazing and everything feels much more alive.

Great work, Ubi.

RaggedTyper
11-25-2015, 08:12 PM
What patch? When was this released?

pacmanate
11-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Today, although textures wasn't a thing that was patched. Here are the patch details:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1337062-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-2-Notes-(PS4-and-Xbox-One)

BananaBlighter
11-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Hope it's not just your imagination! Can't wait to see if this is true.

RVSage
11-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Could be possible, the Pc version looked as good as Unity from the go, maybe they patched in some parity. Ubi focuses a lot on parity or that is how turns out. If it is bad, it is bad regardless of platform, if it is good it is more often than not good across platforms

Deezl-V
11-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Today, although textures wasn't a thing that was patched. Here are the patch details:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1337062-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-2-Notes-(PS4-and-Xbox-One)

Actailly textures and lighting is mentioned in the patch notes so I'm guessing it had to do with the patch. Now the game looks better than unity. Pre patch 1.20 it didn't. I can see why when textures and lighting was an issue.

Anyone else play and notice what I'm seeing?

NAVID4ASSASSIN
11-26-2015, 01:30 AM
yes everything seems better i can feel it the textures the lightning the draw to distances game seems more alive i know it may sound too much but game got more solid and good looking;)

Wolfmeister1010
11-26-2015, 02:36 AM
Can you be more specific? Post some screenshots?

CalgaryJay
11-26-2015, 08:17 AM
I think when I first played it tonight I was disappointed, after reading this. At first I just thought it looked the exact same. But as I kept playing, everything does look crisper. Colours look good.

siralex1986
11-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Actailly textures and lighting is mentioned in the patch notes so I'm guessing it had to do with the patch. Now the game looks better than unity. Pre patch 1.20 it didn't. I can see why when textures and lighting was an issue.

Better than Unity? It seems quite hard to me, at least on PC.

Syndicate is currently worst than Unity, though with much better and more stable performances so I think it's fair enough; to get it not just in pair with Unity but even better would require quite a huge improvement and I honestly can't notice it in the patch list...

I suppose the game looks better than pre patch, but better than Unity? Uhm.....

RaggedTyper
11-26-2015, 12:26 PM
The NPC merchants now acknowledge when you've bought something now. A shame it took until completing the game for that to be fixed. It drove me crazy.

pacmanate
11-26-2015, 01:46 PM

Mm, well it says

Fixed some lighting issues
Fixed some low resolution and corrupted texture issues

key word being "some", it's not like the whole game world got an up res which is what I meant

pacmanate
11-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Just checked the game out, doesn't look any different.

crusader_prophet
11-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Has anyone encountered this - every time I respawn I hear the music box sound that you hear when you are near to a London Secrets key. It was first driving me nuts, me thinking I am unable to find it even though I hear it and does not show on my map. Then I realized it does that everytime I respawn (after desync or fast-travel).

BananaBlighter
11-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Has anyone encountered this - every time I respawn I hear the music box sound that you hear when you are near to a London Secrets key. It was first driving me nuts, me thinking I am unable to find it even though I hear it and does not show on my map. Then I realized it does that everytime I respawn (after desync or fast-travel).

I think I remember something similar happening to me once, though since I'd already finished the collection, there was nothing to worry about.

After this patch, why does my framerate feel so low? Is anyone else experiencing this? :confused: