PDA

View Full Version : game thinks I play with a controller and not the keyboard

vilmedhest
11-25-2015, 11:24 AM
When I lauched the game first time and entered a match I could not understtand why I was moving without pressing any keys. Could then see from the screentips that it thought I played with a console controller which I do not and have not such a controlled attached to my gaming system.

Exited the game - went into settings where it seemed that I now had the game understaing that I was using a keyboard

entered a game once again - it worked for the first three rounds but then the problem reaperead - game switched to controller, and I could not do anything but quit the game again

Ubi-Stature
11-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Hi there, vilmedhest,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please make sure you have disconnected all USB peripherals that are not needed to play the game. It may be trying to register them as a controller.

TheCousinIT
11-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi there, vilmedhest,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please make sure you have disconnected all USB peripherals that are not needed to play the game. It may be trying to register them as a controller.

Are you serious? We have to unplug our USB controllers and joysticks so they don't interfere? My joystick requires a computer restart to unplug it, or plug it back in. I guess this is confirmation that there won't be an option to select input devices in game? I play other games, that use joystick, and I'm not going to unplug it just because you guys are too lazy to add an option that has been standard in games for years now.

I guess I WONT be buying Siege. Whatever.

xChain
11-25-2015, 04:40 PM
This is the only issue keeping me from buying Siege. I fly a lot of flight simulators and this is the only game that handles multiple controllers this badly. At least in alpha I could write protect the config file. In open beta I can't even find the file. Please fix this. I'll stay away until this is sorted out.

shurik_spbb
11-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Same here. I've played previous beta, and had same exact issues ingame when my wheel and jostick were connected to PC. I can agree that this kind of issue is ok for beta stage.
But it will be not ok for release version, if nothing will be changed. And it is strange and quite scary to hear the official advise to unplug devices which game can't detect correctly. :confused: I don't even have game pad. My mouse and keyboard are the only and main inputs for PC: for work, for the internet, for the most of games, and even for simulators in menus.
I've decided from the first beta, that if it will be fixed I'll buy the game.

I've made my gaming place for comfort, no matter if I play or work, where everything is in place, everything is connected, and there is nothing else I should connect or disconnect. I don't even remember in which USB port my joy and wheel are connected. I'm sure that I'm not alone in my demands.

http://savepic.su/6582074.jpg

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Hello shurik_spbb,

The system is designed to automatically switch between gamepad and keyboard and mouse depending on what you use. So for example use the gamepad to control the drone and then once you have finished with that start using the keyboard/mouse and that becomes default control method.
I can only think that the system is receiving a response from the device and the game thinks you want to use a controller.

Rather than unplugging the device, to confirm what device is causing the problem you could just try to temporary disable the device in Device Manager should do the same thing.

shurik_spbb
11-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Hello shurik_spbb,

The system is designed to automatically switch between gamepad and keyboard and mouse depending on what you use. So for example use the gamepad to control the drone and then once you have finished with that start using the keyboard/mouse and that becomes default control method.
I can only think that the system is receiving a response from the device and the game thinks you want to use a controller.

Rather than unplugging the device, to confirm what device is causing the problem you could just try to temporary disable the device in Device Manager should do the same thing.

If you are talking about windows as a system in your post, then I can confirm - non of other games have any problems with multiple controllers connected to a PC. I'm using my mouse and keyboard in game menu and in game world: Battlefield series, Arma series, HL series, COD series, F1 series, Assetto corsa, LFS, PCARS, DCS world, War Thunder. Non of them have any issue when suddenly your mouse stops working ingame when you accidentally touching your joystick.

If by a system you mean R6 game, then the system you've described doesn't work as expected. Let me explain again. When the game is launched my mouse and keyboard do their job, then if I suddenly touch joystick or press pedal or any button on my racing wheel, my cursor dissapears and mouse do not react on any movement or button press untill ALT+F4 and game restart.

Ubi-Talos
11-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello shurik_spbb,

Ok sorry for the confusion, I thought with your description the keyboard/mouse was not working at all on start-up thank you for clearing this up. The way you have described is the way it should work except not being able to switch back by just Left/Right click the mouse for example.

I have passed the feedback on this.

stevewhiterod
11-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Forcing me to remove Joystick, Throttle and Rudder from computer.
Since the maintenance last night every time before I launch R6 siege I have to disconnect all the above otherwise the game thinks I'm using a controller can you please sort this as it didn't happen before the maintenance last night and I don't really want to have to disconnect a bunch of cables each time I want to play this game. Thanks.

Juiceypop
12-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Hello shurik_spbb,

So what if I want to play with both? I use KB+M for movement and shooting and rudder pedals for leaning. If touching one locks out inputs from the other, Then that means I'll have to unplug every single joystick axis device just to play the game, and I still. Who thought that was a good idea for PC? Do they have any idea how many PC players have full HOTAS and pedal setups that this game completely screws up by locking out inputs as soon as you bump a pedal or touch a button. :rolleyes:

golani79
01-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I have exactly the same problem but it was working fine yesterday when I first played the game and I also didnīt have any problems in the Beta.
But then in the evening all of a sudden I wasnīt able to use my mouse and keyboard in the game because it thinks Iīm playing with a controller .. this is really bad -.-

Got a HOTAS and pedals and it would be really nice if this issue could get sorted out because unplugging and restarting my PC every time I switch games isnīt that much of an option.

Someone mentioned a config file before - is there a way to set the controls to K/M there and put a writing protection on the file?

edit:
Ok - think Iīve figured it out.
Was thinking because of the other post before which mentioned that the game might recognize some inputs from the controllers and therefore thinks I want to use them.
Then it came to me that this issue happened first, after I was playing DCS yesterday - so I went into my controller software and checked all the axes.
And I had some jittering from a rotary - I made sure that the rotary was in a position where no jittering occured and started the game again which recognized K/M just fine afterwards.

So to all who are having this controller / K/M issue and are using a HOTAS / pedals - make sure that there are no inputs and it should work just fine then.

SilverKidPoweh
11-16-2016, 01:21 AM
any fix guys? i dont have any xbox controller conneted to pc or anything else expect my keyboard but my game still think i use a controler.
any 1 know how to fix it? please help

Camaxide
03-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Does this mean that you cant use a gamepad for flying and driving, while using keyboard and mouse for FPS gameplay? My friend tries this and have to physically unplug the gamepad every single time he jumps out of a helicopter or car.. pretty silly..

ginnoro
09-01-2017, 01:00 AM
I am stuck with the same issue. Bought the game a few days ago. I have no controller! The only USB peripheral I am currently using is my wireless headset, which definitely isn't near the definition of a controller. What now?

ginnoro
09-01-2017, 01:11 AM
Got it! After rebooting my pc everything's ok now.