PDA

View Full Version : the REAL way for Jacob/Evie to make silent assassinations

Eddo36
11-25-2015, 09:33 AM
They assassinate by shanking in random non-vital spots or even slitting throat in some animations

Slitting someone's throat isn't a silent kill. There is a myth going on about how slitting somebody's throat with a knife is a silent kill. It is anything but silent. The enemy will gurgle a lot and thrash around until his brain runs out of oxygen.

No, if you want a silent kill, Jacob/Evie gotta put thir blade at the indent at the base of the enemy's skull (bone is thin there) and slam upward at a 45-degree angle. That'll scramble his medulla oblongata and the motor senses are cut off immediately. THAT's a silent kill.

D.I.D.
11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Sinister.

I don't think Syndicate says anything about throat-slitting being a silent kill. Enemies hear and notice your nearby assassinations until you unlock Skills to diminish detection, bearing in mind that they're "skills" in name only and not things that you could actually do or learn. Various Skills write off all kinds of inconveniences of the real world to make the gameplay more streamlined as you advance the story. Granted, someone's throat being cut would be horrific and an almighty disturbance, whereas in the game the detection range is only a matter of a few yards.

There's no point in changing it unless it adds something to the game. If you got your silent kills only by successfully approaching from behind the target, that might be good or it might be very limiting (plus you'd see precisely the same kill over and over). It's like 'silencers' on guns in games - even if you call them 'suppressors', the way they act in games is absurdly unrealistic, but the rules in games make their use fun. In games, we get silent shots: weak if they hit the enemy anywhere except the head, but headshots are devastating. In reality, every shot would still be extremely loud and there'd be no such thing as a stealth shooter.

Sushiglutton
11-25-2015, 02:23 PM
You know too much about these things Eddo, it's scary :p. Anyway it reminds me of an excellent point in Assassin_M's review:

https://shaabanm.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/assassins-creed-syndicate-review/

Speaking of assassinations, let’s discuss running assassinations. These were introduced as quick maneuvers that kept you on the move. This was introduced in AC III and the animations reflected that. The animations were strong, fast and they served their purpose. Since Unity, however, these assassinations have turned into weird sequences of unnecessary maneuvers. How is sliding, taking the guy down, standing back up and then finally stabbing them in the stomach supposed to keep you on the move? As a matter of fact, this applies to all assassination animations. Air assassinations were simple pounces from above. The pounce and stab were all part of the same initial movement. They were quick and precise, but again, now, the assassin pounces on the enemy first and THEN stabs. It just looks jarring, inconvenient, and takes far longer than necessary.

BananaBlighter
11-25-2015, 06:34 PM
You know too much about these things Eddo, it's scary :p. Anyway it reminds me of an excellent point in Assassin_M's review:

https://shaabanm.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/assassins-creed-syndicate-review/

Well actually I think it makes more sense that now there are a series of 'unnecessary' moves leading to the kill. Nearly all of Syndicate's high profile assassination's and all of the stealth ones involve throwing the enemy to the ground first, which winds them, preventing them from shouting out.

I disagree that the only point of running assassinations is to keep you moving. If you are running towards an objective, or away from an enemy, what IS unnecessary is to keep stopping to kill people. When social stealth was actually a thing, high profile assassinations could be used to draw attention to yourself, and generally, looked really cool. It adds more of a challenge to stealth if your assassinations are slower, encouraging you to make use of your tools like smoke bombs to avoid being detected while performing the kill.

And yeah, the OP is a bit worrying.

Going4Quests
11-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Lets just put it simple: it's a game.

Eddo36
11-26-2015, 12:55 AM
Lets just put it simple: it's a game.

And? I was discussing gameplay.

Wolfmeister1010
11-26-2015, 02:37 AM
Running assassinations were such a farce lol. They really didn't do much to keep the pace going, especially the hidden blade ones.

I love the new high profile assassinations personally.