PDA

View Full Version : [GAME BREAKING BUG!!!] XBOX Button Prompts Appearing Randomly

PartTim3Hobo
11-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Approximately 80% of the time when I log into matches I will randomly get Xbox button prompts appearing on my screen for things like reloading, switching cameras, etc... and it completely locks me out of using my mouse and keyboard. I can't shoot, reload, move, aim, etc... I literally can't do anything except watch my character spin around in circles and point their gun to the sky. I don't even have a controller plugged in so I don't know why the prompts are appearing. The only way I've been able to temporarily fix this is by closing out of the game and restarting Uplay. It's the most frustrating thing knowing that at any point during a ranked match I may have to back out because I will be getting controller prompts on my screen and have to face punishment as a result.

Bahger.P.
11-25-2015, 09:30 AM
This is almost always caused by having any other controllers plugged in and not disconnected via Device Manager/Human Interface Devices. Disable, not disconnect, everything, wheels, pads, HOTAS, the lot. It can be a pain in the butt identifying the right corresponding items in Device Manager. If you see the option to "Disable". that's probably a culprit. Good luck.

TheCousinIT
11-25-2015, 03:52 PM
We shouldn't have to disable our peripherals to play the game. There should be an option in game, to chose what input devices to use. You know, like EVERY. OTHER. PC. GAME. IN. THE. PAST. 10. YEARS.