PDA

View Full Version : ACS anti-aliasing

I_am_Alive_
11-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Someone else having issues with MSAA?

I get around 50-60 fps with FXAA but when I try running 2x MSAA it drop significantly... very annoying since everything is blurry with just FXAA only.
Other setting are set to HIGH with SSAO.
Does anyone have a solution or ideas?

YazX_
11-25-2015, 01:23 AM
Nvidia Drivers for this game are not that optimized, they were rushed and yet optimization is somehow avg and not the best, so i believe they will release a new driver on DEC 1st or 1-2 days before which will have games optimization for Rainbow 6 siege and Just Cause 3, probably this next driver will have better optimization for syndicate.

GhostAssassinLT
11-25-2015, 06:32 AM
I know you're not employed by Ubisoft nor nVidia YazX_, but I'm kinda curious regarding how it can be that there is no optimized driver for ACS yet, when it's been claimed to have a game ready driver?
"Game Ready. Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate"
Didn't nVidia have access to the game before release so they could have a working driver in time for release?

YazX_
11-25-2015, 10:12 AM
I know you're not employed by Ubisoft nor nVidia YazX_, but I'm kinda curious regarding how it can be that there is no optimized driver for ACS yet, when it's been claimed to have a game ready driver?
"Game Ready. Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate"
Didn't nVidia have access to the game before release so they could have a working driver in time for release?

Nvidia has been breaking too many things lately with every driver they release, my assumption they are getting overwhelmed by number of games releasing since 2-3 months, this year has been crazy for games releases to be honest, each 2-3 weeks there is a new game and all of them are AAA titles.

Yes Nvidia should have access to game before release so they can optimize the drivers for it, but as usual in normal cases with every game the first driver they release is not that 100% optimized, with time and newer drivers, performance gets better and better, so can you imagine how things will be when they are overwhelmed and under pressure to release a driver every 1-2 weeks to optimize 3-4 games in one go.

This is ofcourse my assumption but when looking at drivers being released especially in level of optimization, bugs fixed and bugs introduced then i believe this is the main reason on why drivers are not being that great recently.

strigoi1958
11-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Plus every time they optimise it for one game it tends to cause problems with older games and then they have to fix them as well... so that adds more work. :(

That is why AMIGA O/S is/ was better than MS O/S. With the amiga you installed the latest driver or lib (as it was called) and if any game had a problem with the newest driver, you just dropped an older driver in the game folder and it would use that driver first.

SolidNSnake1985
11-25-2015, 02:27 PM
I feel your Pain ..
MSAA is Very Taxing, you need a really powerful rig to run the game with MSAA

what i do is i choose the lesser of two Evils .. Either you go Blurry with FXAA .. or go Sharp Picture Clarity with some Jaggies (Anti aliasing off) so i keep AA off ..

D.I.D.
11-25-2015, 09:47 PM
You should never bank on using MSAA in any game of this complexity unless you've got an absolutely top notch computer, and the setting really ought to come with a warning explaining that. Look up an article detailing how MSAA actually works, and you'll see what I mean - it's only for systems with vast amounts of performance overhead with Syndicate's kind of world.

FXAA isn't the prettiest, but it's going to be the best option for most systems. You could try the low TXAA + FXAA, but in practice FXAA isn't going to be distractingly bad.

GhostAssassinLT
11-25-2015, 10:08 PM
That is why AMIGA O/S is/ was better than MS O/S. With the amiga you installed the latest driver or lib (as it was called) and if any game had a problem with the newest driver, you just dropped an older driver in the game folder and it would use that driver first.
Yikes, that was a loooooooong time ago strigoi... I don't even remember that part, I do however remember the constant swapping of discs unless you purchased an external drive... :cool:
Dang, those were the days... My TI-99/4A had like 16 kb of RAM and you had to save programs and files to your walkman...... LOL...

strigoi1958
11-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Yes I remember swapping 12 disks to load 1 game but before that I started with a cassette tape and had to wait 20 minute to load a game while it displayed flickering coloured lines ;)... which is why I really really can admire the incredible leaps forward in technology and game design.

I try hard to notice the sounds because sometimes they are so good we get immersed by them and forget they are part of the game. And graphics wow... when people complain about trivial things and I remember looking at a blue screen with white writing and images drawn in yellow blocks I get frustrated that they are overlooking the overall beauty.

@D.I.D. yes absolutely spot on there... MSAA is clever but after a quick google I now see why it hurts performance. I really like FXAA having used it in Unity for so long... even though I know can run a different option on my system i7 6700k 980 ti

GhostAssassinLT
11-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Imagine playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate like this:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ngwytw.png

:cool:

I_am_Alive_
11-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Well I hope it gets fixed then. And TXAA does run better than MSAA but still doesnt stay at 60 fps :/

jesped
11-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Love to Amiga, but you can do exactly that currently in Windows, at least with AMD drivers. I assume Nvidia may be the same:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399547

I--Skeptik--I
11-30-2015, 09:36 PM
MSAAx4 is rather taxing, even on my card. I noticed that TXAAx4 give slightly better performance opposed to MSAA, it just looks a "touch" blurrier than MSAA. I have also noticed that in most games MSAA can be very "sharp" looking, sometimes too sharp for my liking. e.g. Far Cry 4.

The latest Nvidia drivers, 359 I believe are inferior to the 358.91 drivers. I am getting better performance with the 358.91 drivers.

Also, I read that disabling MFAA in Nvidia control panel (I believe it only applies to cards with the Maxwell architecture) makes the game run more smoothly.

We are (supposedly) getting a patch from Ubisoft tomorrow (Dec.1st), so that will most likely help out a lot as well.