PDA

View Full Version : OBS crashes uPlay overlay?

bofeity
11-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Streaming to twitch with OBS, uPlay overlay works without streaming, but when streaming it somehow conflicts with OBS and the overlay isn't accessible in game. The overlay is necessary for squad, friends, etc.

HonorguyXNL
11-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Put the game on Borderless and it works fine. I did this and have no longer crashes. I did have the same, as in the Closed Beta the issue was the very same I found the solution fairly quick.

Ubi-Cain
11-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Hiya,

We're looking into this and we think we've found a solution.
The issues seems to be limited to the Game Capture method in OBS which is removing the Uplay client hooks. In the meantime as a temporary workaround borderless mode will work, but you'll probably want to use it in conjunction with Window or Monitor capture :)

/Cain

Major_BobbaN
11-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Well i have been trying to play the game 4 time, first time i come to the lobby and then it random crash, so i tryde agen and i cude play for like 2 min in the game then it crashed agen. and hade to start over agen. now i was just sitting and changeing the game setting and it just cash agen...

My Pc Spec is

GPU: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @4.00Ghz
Motherbord: ASUS Z170-A
Minne: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Screen: 1920x1080, 144Hz

So i dont know if my pc is 2 bad for it

Pherik_Fox
12-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Well i have been trying to play the game 4 time, first time i come to the lobby and then it random crash, so i tryde agen and i cude play for like 2 min in the game then it crashed agen. and hade to start over agen. now i was just sitting and changeing the game setting and it just cash agen...

My Pc Spec is

GPU: GeForce GTX 970
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @4.00Ghz
Motherbord: ASUS Z170-A
Minne: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Screen: 1920x1080, 144Hz

So i dont know if my pc is 2 bad for it

Yea I heard OBS was having issues with it and window capture mode fixed a friend of mines issue.

I use xsplit and have had no issues so far but it's also a pay for premium service kind of thing and buying asus gaming internals tends to give 3 to 6 months for free.

xxpeachblossoms
02-25-2018, 02:27 AM
this doesnt work. im just trying to stream this game i dont need any of the online features. when i did this option it just shows a black screen. i just want to stream this game.