PDA

View Full Version : There is no way to download the open beta...

ccwerling
11-24-2015, 08:16 PM
When I open Uplay it isn't in the game section, not under hidden game either. I've reinstalled uplay twice with no help, unlinked my steam account since I read on this forum that might have been the problem (now I have the problem of re-linking in order to play my games from steam...). I also read to download the game directly from a ubisoft website but when I click the link for Uplay at
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/openbeta/index.aspx
it just takes me to
https://uplay.ubi.com/
not at direct download link... i've used the link found on that page to reinstall uplay, once before I unlinked steam and once after. With none of this helping.
Oh and before its asked I did check steam for the beta in my library list and in the steam store and there is nothing about the open beta any where on steam.
At this point I left to believe it is just a fault on your end and i'm wondering when it will be addressed so that I can download the game.

ccwerling
11-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Ok, so I just created a new account and the download showed up and I am now downloading. Don't think this will help anyone that was closed beta and trying to download to play today but if you were like me and having problems even finding the download to be able to preload for tomorrow this fixed my problem. Also a weird thing I noticed is that before in Uplay there was no store tab and now under my new account there is a store tab... All I did was create a new account from the login screen. Why does that allow me to access the store page now? Was my other account not a full account? If anyone could answer that it would be great. Might also have something to do with the problems people are having with getting the game. Just seems weird.

cicsiege
11-24-2015, 11:33 PM
I had this exact problem, this account had no store in uplay client and also has non of the "x online" games listed under free ether, fresh account no problem.

FazZer88
11-25-2015, 02:09 AM
I have tried creating an additional account but it still will not work for me, please fix :(
And this is the only post I can find on the subject!

NIS8RO
11-25-2015, 02:15 AM
no luck here either through steam, uplay or their website. Xbox one beta downloading now after about 3 seconds of effort. PC not so lucky, cant even find the store tab on uplay.

How do i find hidden games on uplay?

UbiInsulin
11-25-2015, 02:28 AM
Hidden games in UPlay are found in your library (My Games), underneath the top bar. Next to "Installed Games" etc.

One problem may be that people under the age of 18 cannot participate in the open beta.

NIS8RO
11-25-2015, 02:36 AM
my uplay has none of those options and im well over the 18 threshold. how do i check my age in my profile? Makes no sense anyway since I can download the beta on Xbox One with the same Uplay account.

NIS8RO
11-25-2015, 02:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rtX6RGn.jpg

NIS8RO
11-25-2015, 04:08 AM
so I created a new profile like many others here have and there it is. Just silly to be honest that is has to be done that way.

knghtwhosaysni
11-25-2015, 11:18 AM
I also had to make anew account (not this one) to see the beta in the Free Games list. FWIW, this account was originally made for games I got from steam that required uplay

Amacron
11-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Hidden games in UPlay are found in your library (My Games), underneath the top bar. Next to "Installed Games" etc.

One problem may be that people under the age of 18 cannot participate in the open beta.

Well there are no "Hidden games" tab unless you make a new account , I have been at this for over 2 hours now. The only fix i got working was to make a new account and when I logged into the NEW account itīs a totaly diffrent UI with a "store" Tab and a "Hidden games" tab. Nothing else worked for me . This only seems to affect a minor number of people tho as I have been in noumerus threads trying to find an answer.

Since i created the new account and logged into that accout i can now SEE the game and like 3 other games aswell that I couldnīt see on my main account (Writting this from my main account). All the answers I have seen from Ubi-staff in other threads are the same "look under hidden games". There are NO hidden games for some and the only fix is getting a new account so that you get a totaly diffrent UI on the Uplay! Also i can say that my main account (where i cant see the open beta) is set to my right age of 26. Hope this helps you to track the problem ....and to you guys that canīt see the open beta for PC and no hidden games tab ...make a new account , only fix i found working !

losville95
11-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I also had to make anew account (not this one) to see the beta in the Free Games list. FWIW, this account was originally made for games I got from steam that required uplay

Hey what u can wait FC3 multiplay dont work , Crew multiplay work sometimes but not all time (u cant see ur friend or another players cars) Assasin Creed is glitchy bug and u must do new account if u want preload Siege. But that is one way to get more accounts in uplay......

OhMadOne
11-26-2015, 04:29 PM
I have the same issue. A while ago when I linked my steam account to ubisoft account, the "SHOP" tab disappeared from my Uplay. I usually buy games through steam anyway, and I could still use activation codes to activate new games in Uplay, but never thought much about it until now. Trying to play this beta. It is not a wide enough problem that it easily pops up in searches, but it is a wide enough issue that it is shameful that Ubisoft has not directly addressed it. I see ubisoft reps responding all over the place, but not to this issue. Unless they're throwing out the hidden tab BS. If I know that this is a legit issue, then someone at ubisoft knows this is a legit issue and should be acknowledging it immediately, even if it's small enough that they can not immediately address it. Ubisoft has been such a disappointment when it comes to customer convenience and service. Where is an Ubi rep...?!!?! Can we get an acknowledgement of the issue, guys?! I,also, have the shop tab and ability to preload the open beta having set up an alternate account. But I was in closed. All my fiends are playing closed beta now, and I can't. Which, granted, it is free and ubisoft is not obligated to give me free play time. but they are. And I can't access it because of their glitchy BS Uplay overlay. And I have no ideas what interference it may have in the future with payed for services. One thing making mistakes that need time to fix. But like an alcoholic, things never get better without admitting there is a problem. ACKNOWLEDGE ME UBISOFT!!!!! If you want my money for R6 Siege, acknlowledge this issue so I may purchase the game with confidence that I will be able to play a fully functioning game and not get glitched out of paying services with your crappy Uplay. Give it up. Steam does it better. just pay them their cut and let it roll.