PDA

View Full Version : Blurry graphics (options don't help)

AraH_Caz
11-24-2015, 06:15 PM
EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using an ASUS ROG GTX 760 4gb
I can run the game on Ultra but for the capapbilities of streaming I have the graphics settings set to very high with some tweaks; and they are as such:
https://gyazo.com/9940dea4cc1516b08eade04ab0623c9c

This is what the game looks like in-mnission:
https://gyazo.com/75dcb873497dc6bc9468b3d1c80f84f4

Please assist me for I'm getting this game when it releases for my birthday, and I want it to look wonderful!!!

Ubi-Stature
11-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Hi there, TheOnlyCaztv,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you updated your graphics drivers to the latest versions?

Can you also confirm if the graphics are blurry in game independently or just through the stream/when the streaming software is active?

Thanks.

AraH_Caz
11-24-2015, 06:35 PM
I ran an update check thru Nividia Experience and it said I was up-to-date, but I should check the website. Also It's blurry without any other program running but Uplay and R6S.
Thank you for the hasteful response!
EDIT: Says I'm current with version 359.0

Ubi-Stature
11-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Hi again,

Thank you for the information.

Have you tried updating your C++? Steps on how to do so can be found here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1336210-Graphical-Issues?p=11162496&viewfull=1#post11162496

AraH_Caz
11-24-2015, 06:56 PM
I did as you recommended; however am stuck with the same look. It's really fuzzy...
https://gyazo.com/af486ca96e8d35215b0cdbde56b58433

HonorguyXNL
11-25-2015, 12:46 AM
Had the same issue, I've chosen to set my game on the setting "High" despite being able to run higher. The pixelated/blurry view has disappeared now. Though it returns on higher settings.

My system:
Intel I7 4770K @4,4 Ghz
Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212 Double Sided fans
Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero
Kingston 1600 Mhz 16GB
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 6GB x 2 (SLI)
2x 1 TB HDD @ 7200RPM
1x 2 TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD @ 7200RPM
1x 500GB WD Blue @7200RPM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Samsung 840 250GB SSD
Case: Enermax Fulmo GT

Bnadm
11-25-2015, 01:53 AM
I have got the complete fix:
So to remove all the blurry my solution is set "Post-process Anti Aliasing" and "Multisample anti aliasing" to off and i promise there will 0% blur.(if you don't like the blurry thing that happens to your gun when you aim "right click" just set "zoom-in depth of field" to off and there will be no blurry things in your game but if you ask my opinion just let it on)

It is really bad because T-AA is suppose to be good anti aliasing technique (ex. fallout 4) but the way they are using it in this game is bad in the closed beta it was better the T-AA method was not blurry and perfect.

and about multisample anti aliasing just please please please just do not use "temporal filtering" its even worst than off and why its worst because it is just to blur texture and if you can notice with it you can have 200mb of vram free with it but turning it off will add additional 200mb used in vram which mean the temporal filtering technique does reduce texture quality a little bit so turning it "off" is the best.

FOR People with gtx 970/780 or higher the best settings to fix blurry are "Post-process Anti Aliasing" set to off if you set it to fxaa (it will be blurry but just a little bit compared to T-AA which is hell blurry "untill now") and about "Multisample anti aliasing" just do not choose "temporal filtering", it depends on your hardware so with a gtx 970 if you want 60fps all the time just turn it off, if you want to have a "cinematic experience lol" in a multiplayer game do msaa x2 or txaa x2 (i prefer msaa because txaa is blurry) but higher than that will make your game reaching 20fps and below, for msaa x4 you need gtx 980ti for 50-60fps and lastly for msaa x8 SLI TITAN X for 60fps lol game is badly optimized now but hope drivers fix this, I am saying this because i think this problem will continue even when the game is launched because its only 5 days left I don't think they will fix anything lol or add anything but about performance we can hope the drivers will fix it

About my advice to ubisoft just tell me what the hell you did after the closed beta because in the closed beta even with T-AA the game wasn't blurry and my fps was always higher than 90 now am fighting to keep it 60 fps lol with the same settings before. hope the final version isn't like this please ubisoft just not rainbow six don't ruin it.

AraH_Caz
11-25-2015, 03:35 AM
I have got the complete fix:
So to remove all the blurry my solution is set "Post-process Anti Aliasing" and "Multisample anti aliasing" to off and i promise there will 0% blur.(if you don't like the blurry thing that happens to your gun when you aim "right click" just set "zoom-in depth of field" to off and there will be no blurry things in your game but if you ask my opinion just let it on)

It is really bad because T-AA is suppose to be good anti aliasing technique (ex. fallout 4) but the way they are using it in this game is bad in the closed beta it was better the T-AA method was not blurry and perfect.

and about multisample anti aliasing just please please please just do not use "temporal filtering" its even worst than off and why its worst because it is just to blur texture and if you can notice with it you can have 200mb of vram free with it but turning it off will add additional 200mb used in vram which mean the temporal filtering technique does reduce texture quality a little bit so turning it "off" is the best.

FOR People with gtx 970/780 or higher the best settings to fix blurry are "Post-process Anti Aliasing" set to off if you set it to fxaa (it will be blurry but just a little bit compared to T-AA which is hell blurry "untill now") and about "Multisample anti aliasing" just do not choose "temporal filtering", it depends on your hardware so with a gtx 970 if you want 60fps all the time just turn it off, if you want to have a "cinematic experience lol" in a multiplayer game do msaa x2 or txaa x2 (i prefer msaa because txaa is blurry) but higher than that will make your game reaching 20fps and below, for msaa x4 you need gtx 980ti for 50-60fps and lastly for msaa x8 SLI TITAN X for 60fps lol game is badly optimized now but hope drivers fix this, I am saying this because i think this problem will continue even when the game is launched because its only 5 days left I don't think they will fix anything lol or add anything but about performance we can hope the drivers will fix it

About my advice to ubisoft just tell me what the hell you did after the closed beta because in the closed beta even with T-AA the game wasn't blurry and my fps was always higher than 90 now am fighting to keep it 60 fps lol with the same settings before. hope the final version isn't like this please ubisoft just not rainbow six don't ruin it.

Thank you so much for your response, and the information you provided. I just returned home from work, so I'll give it a try and let you know! On the other hand; I have contacted support which gave me no answer, and led me to sending Ubisoft system information and DXdiag files. Since then, no response.

EDIT: Your suggestions seemed to have fixed my issues which is quite honestly disheartening. I love the Rainbow 6 series; it's a shame the graphics can't compete with star wars in the current state.

Raggz67
11-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Same problem here running everything on max with GTX 980 SLI

nVoid
11-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Yup, same issue on GTX 970.

Bnadm
11-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Thank you so much for your response, and the information you provided. I just returned home from work, so I'll give it a try and let you know! On the other hand; I have contacted support which gave me no answer, and led me to sending Ubisoft system information and DXdiag files. Since then, no response.

EDIT: Your suggestions seemed to have fixed my issues which is quite honestly disheartening. I love the Rainbow 6 series; it's a shame the graphics can't compete with star wars in the current state.

It's my pleasure man anytime :)