PDA

View Full Version : Sound issue

Ramschi.
11-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Everytime you start Rainbow Six, the game will adapt the windows micro level to the voice level set in the game.

Ubi-Stature
11-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Hi there, Ramschi.

Welcome to the forums.

Can you confirm if your audio drivers are up to date? Can you also confirm if you can edit the level of the microphone via the windows sound settings if you Alt + Tab during the game?

If this is not possible can you confirm if the voice level set in the game is too high or too low?

Thanks.

Ramschi.
11-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

Drivers are up to date.
Others in TS report same problem.

if alt + tab :
Changing the windows sound level will not affect the voice level ingame. But if I change the record level ingame and apply changes, the windows sound level will be changed too.

If I close the game, change my windows sound level and restart the game, the windows level will be changed to the same value as set in the game settings.

So if you set the record level ingame on the same level as the windows sound, nothing will happen. But I am not sure, if it was planed to link the ingame sound level to the windows sound level.

HonorguyXNL
11-25-2015, 12:43 AM
Thank fully someone else has this issue too!

I am using the Logitech G930 Gaming Headset and noticed that this game now has loads of issues when it comes to microphone. Some things that occurred;

First laumch: My microphone was active in both party/in-game despite not pushing the push-to-talk button. This happened to everyone in the game that booted it for the first time, this issue kept coming back every reboot. We all tried to disable our microphones through the options menu but despite that, the microphones stayed active. We're talking all kinds of microphones here.

Second issue, Microphone volume is getting adapted by the game. My volume for example keeps getting changed to 0% in Windows. This was annoying during my livestream as I had to discover sometimes that my mic has cutted out. I did notice that main menu of the game has a lot to do with it, with every return to the main menu, the volume got set to 0% in Windows. This also happened a few times when a new match was loaded.

All in all, this game has a lot of issues when it comes to sound control. It changes the microphone volume all the way to even Window' core and muting the microphone in-game does not work either. These are fixes that need patching Asap, might want to check up things from the "Closed Beta" since the issue back then didn't exist.

Programs that got affected by this issue:
Logitech Gaming Software
OBS
TeamSpeak 3
Windows (though this actually affects the 3 listed above)

Another note: There seems to be a connection with the "Record voice" setting in the game, despite having it set back on 100 it still changes to 0% for me.

Ramschi.
11-25-2015, 12:57 AM
Second issue, Microphone volume is getting adapted by the game. My volume for example keeps getting changed to 0% in Windows. This was annoying during my livestream as I had to discover sometimes that my mic has cutted out. I did notice that main menu of the game has a lot to do with it, with every return to the main menu, the volume got set to 0% in Windows. This also happened a few times when a new match was loaded.

To this problem: I think you have to change the "Voice Chat Record Level" to the same value you use in windows. If it was changed to 0% i bet your "Voice Chat Record Level" i set to 0%, too. If you use the the same value nothing should happen again.

EDIT: Oh, i saw your note now. I thought that would help. The bugs in this game are very strange somtimes.

My microphone was active in both party/in-game despite not pushing the push-to-talk button. This happened to everyone in the game that booted it for the first time, this issue kept coming back every reboot. We all tried to disable our microphones through the options menu but despite that, the microphones stayed active. We're talking all kinds of microphones here.

This problem was experienced by our lobby, too. It is very annoying and has to be fixed soon.
The funny thing is that you not hear everyone everytime. Sometimes some people are speaking all the time, sometimes not. Even if we have the same settings. We could not figure out why.

HonorguyXNL
11-25-2015, 01:06 AM
EDIT: Oh, i saw your note now. I thought that would help. The bugs in this game are very strange somtimes.

Haha I kinda figured that would be said, but unfortunately it has become a 1-way trip

Calico131
11-25-2015, 01:37 AM
This really needs fixed asap. I am beyond tired of trying to deal with the mic being permanently on in game even though i have it disabled in settings, while also having the game turn my windows mic setting down to 0 so my Ventrillo friends cant heat me either. It makes no sense why this would be such a big issue.

HonorguyXNL
11-25-2015, 01:42 AM
This really needs fixed asap. I am beyond tired of trying to deal with the mic being permanently on in game even though i have it disabled in settings, while also having the game turn my windows mic setting down to 0 so my Ventrillo friends cant heat me either. It makes no sense why this would be such a big issue.

I had to find this out during streaming which is kinda embarrasing as people in chat and in TeamSpeak had to keep reminding me that my mic got muted. But how RB6 Devs/Ubi managed to pull an error off like this... i simply wonder.

KilgoreMaurice
11-28-2015, 07:47 AM
I am having the same issues as GamiingbylawNL has clearly stated.

Ramschi.
11-28-2015, 07:54 PM
ok, I found a way to handle the open mic ingame.

Set your mic on push to talk ingame and everytime your mic is open press the push to talk butto once. This should close the mic.

If you open the UPlay overlay for example, your mic will be opened.