PDA

View Full Version : South / Southern Africa Server Coverage

BuLLeT.ZA
11-24-2015, 12:26 PM
It is with growing concern that I write this topic.

We're one week away from launch of Rainbow Six Siege, and nobody has confirmed the existence of a South African server, or anything nearby.

Further, it does not seem that a dedicated server program will be made available for our own hosting companies to have servers for us. Playing FPS games with pings of 200+ is not fun, and will prevent thousands of South African gamers from taking part in any competitive play.

Looking at your own coverage map, there is a massive hole right below the middle.

https://c.na1.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=0153000000379Lu&oid=00D30000001aepT&lastMod=1437137308000

I don't understand the reasons why we are deliberately being left out, even though there are plenty of data centers and service providers that would be happy to host servers for us and neighbouring countries.

Are there plans to roll out more servers around the world after launch? (Aside from Japan - also an important hole to fill)

While I understand that player-hosted dedicated servers are unlikely as they need to be connected to your cloud, I don't see why proper hosting companies are not given the opportunity.

This is alienating an entire country of active, competitive gamers, not to mention pretty much the rest of Africa.

Please consider authorising a server for South Africa

Surv000
11-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Im with Bullet on this one.

It seems Ubisoft only uses Microsoft Azure datacentres, so any game from Ubisoft which has multiplayer capability, cannot be played by South Africans/Africans as the latency is just too high.

We enjoyed the closed beta, but had to stop playing due to latency.

If the case is that there will be no local servers, then we cannot and will not support unfortunately.

I really hope you guys look into this, not just for Siege but for any future MP titles you may release.

Thanks

BuLLeT.ZA
11-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Bump.

This topic is getting loads of views even though it's lacking in posts.

It would be nice to get a statement other than support's generic "we monitor the communities' needs".

INF3RNO_JOUMASE
12-01-2015, 03:17 PM
+1

HOG.Alastair
12-08-2016, 09:59 PM
I am going to revive this thread because we need servers. This game is really tough when connecting to EU ort US servers. Please guys we need African servers.

BLZN420FCKCOPS
12-30-2016, 05:13 AM
Yea I have so many steam friends that love Rainbow Six and The Division but they say they wasted their money on them due to no servers in SA we should try to show UBI the demand in SA even Origin and Steam have servers in South Africa for 80% of the games they have.
So sad to see a game better than CSGO not have servers in SA.

skinnyd_za
02-21-2017, 01:53 PM
So if BF1 is getting servers here in SA, does that mean Rainbow 6 Siege will be getting? as Rainbow 6 Siege uses the same Azure servers as BF1.

This would be very good for us local players.

TeZ-Kdawg786
02-22-2017, 01:13 PM
I agree, We really need SA servers. Playing with 200+ ping ruins the experience for everyone.

DraconianSage
07-23-2017, 07:43 AM
It's now the year 2017 and still no server for Africa, I really don't understand selling a multiplayer only game in country that does not really have a server to cover it I was a Ubisoft support since 2005 when I was at school but this is really getting anoying next time they sell a game in country with no server covarage they should really put it on the box. the 200 plus latecy is just awesfull. Please fix you server covering guys. :mad::mad::mad:

GioTeckRanger
08-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Ubisoft just get South African servers. It will increase the sales of your games here. All my friends wanted to buy the game, but when they found out about the latency problem, due to no servers they decided not to buy it. The lowest latency that I get in your games is about 220+ and with that kind of latency FPS game are just unplayable. Also experience dropped connections during matches, for a team based game this is no fun to other players playing at a man disadvantage.

JayP777
08-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Ubisoft can you please give use SA servers for this game? I know a few people that won't buy the game because there's no SA servers. Is there a petition that we can sign somewhere that will allow tou to see that we really need SA servers? Playing at 220ms is not optimal and it ruins the game.. Please ubisoft listen to our plea and just start a poll, start a page start a petition. Just give us something to work with here so that we can show you that we really wand and need these SA servers in our lives..

Namibian-Agent
12-06-2017, 08:25 AM
You should know by now Ubisoft does not listen to their player base. Seen this in The Division where they screwed up the game so badly that most of the player stopped playing the game.

JuicyZeusy
06-23-2018, 06:08 PM
I had the option of buying this game for 80% off today. It seems like a good game.
I decided "no South African servers? nah. No thanks."

You can count the reads and the replies on a thread, but those people who decide to just totally steer clear of no-SA server games, you can't. And there's many of them.