PDA

View Full Version : What Faction will you be?

Hangster_96
11-24-2015, 01:52 AM
I see a lot of people saying they want to be a Knight, and a few said Viking while a lot less said Samurai

Just looking at it I think the most amount of player playing this will probably pick:
Just my thought on it

40% Knight
35% Viking
25% Samurai

People are saying Knight have more armor/defense while having damage too. But while they are not too fast? IDK
And Viking, haven't or know anything yet
Samurai, said to have the least armor/defense, but have more speed and better way of escaping death
(just watching some of the gameplay, where the Samurai can just spin over an enemy player seen kind of OP) I think this might allow the Samurai to free hit?

But more about the gameplay is, weapons. Will different weapon cost longer time for the character to react if the weapon is suppose to be heavier than the other? And will different weapon make a kill animation longer than the other? (I know the kill animation might be a optional chooice for the player, because of watching the gameplay maybe not IDK)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

And for Domination mode....from what I saw

I think For Honor Domination seen to be the most different of all game kind of Domination, I mean it good to be different and stand out but really?
Just from what I saw in the Domination game, Player must sit or stay in the capture zone to earn pts for it. Which mean player cannot leave unless they chose to, but if they do they lose the control of that zone. It not like any other Domination where you must sit in it to capture but instead, it instance capture as long as you enter the zone and also instance lose control if you step out of the zone. However if there an enemy player in the zone, you guy must fight to capture it.

Fatal-Feit
11-24-2015, 02:35 AM
For me, it's kind of tricky. I'm a samurai at heart, or at least I like to believe I am, but I played soooooo much better with the Warden. Perhaps I have the spirit of the samurai and a skills of a knight. :p

People are saying Knight have more armor/defense while having damage too. But while they are not too fast? IDK

A common misconception with knights are that they were slow and clunky, which is bogus. Armors were always designed to be light and agile, or else the users' lives are compromised. As for how they are in the game, the only available hero for the knights was the Warden when I played, and he/she's on the ''balanced'' side of things.

But more about the gameplay is, weapons. Will different weapon cost longer time for the character to react if the weapon is suppose to be heavier than the other? And will different weapon make a kill animation longer than the other? (I know the kill animation might be a optional chooice for the player, because of watching the gameplay maybe not IDK)

I can't answer the first part, but I believe the finisher animations are always the same time. Yep, they are optional. You perform them to gain a few health bars back.

I think For Honor Domination seen to be the most different of all game kind of Domination, I mean it good to be different and stand out but really?
Just from what I saw in the Domination game, Player must sit or stay in the capture zone to earn pts for it. Which mean player cannot leave unless they chose to, but if they do they lose the control of that zone. It not like any other Domination where you must sit in it to capture but instead, it instance capture as long as you enter the zone and also instance lose control if you step out of the zone. However if there an enemy player in the zone, you guy must fight to capture it.

You don't have to stay in the zone to gain PTS. In the videos, they remained to protect it. :)

SquadCityTyler
11-24-2015, 03:48 AM
I honestly believe I fit in more with the Samurai. While playing the Knight I realized that I was an avid Dark Soul player at heart, and I fat rolled all around instead of actually blocking - I did, but on rare occasion. The Oni, (Samurai class), utilizes dodging a lot more, and is a lot more offensive. I found myself pounding my opponents on a ruthless onslaught of overhand heavy's, rapid right combos, and top lights to throw them off to the point where they couldn't even respond. If you applied that to the Samurai, well, we'll see in the future! I reckon it'd fit nicely, though- only unfortunate thing will be the lack of the meteor feat (yes, I said meteor :) ).

MisterWillow
11-24-2015, 04:33 AM
I see a lot of people saying they want to be a Knight, and a few said Viking while a lot less said Samurai

I'd like to know what you're looking at to come to that conclusion.

Regular posters here seem to have a nice balance between Knights and Samurai, with regular Vikings being in a minority (some posters aren't obvious in their allegiances, though, so it's difficult to judge sometimes). There was a poll (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1280428-Which-character-do-you-want-to-play-as) made not too long ago, though, that overwhelmingly skewed Samurai; but then again, there was another poll (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1174820-Poll-Choose-your-Faction) made way back in June with a lot more votes in it that got buried (I assume people voting, but not commenting), which was pretty even (Knights have just 10 or so more votes than the others). Incidentally, I think the second poll linked should be stickied, since it has so many votes already.

Also, the Chosen (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176484-We-are-the-Chosen-for-a-reason!?) thread is (or was) much more active than either the Legion (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176392-The-unofficial-legion-thread-Knight-gathering?) or Warborn (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1178689-Halls-of-Valhall-unofficial-warborn-thread?) threads (the reason for the fall-off probably being due to the gap in new things to discuss).

Just looking at it I think the most amount of player playing this will probably pick:
Just my thought on it

40% Knight
35% Viking
25% Samurai

I expect many more Samurai than that. The influences of anime and Japanese culture in general I think has biased a lot of people in Europe and America toward Samurai being 'the best warriors with the best swords and the best tactics that ever lived, ever!!'(/snark), and I'm positive there's an army not represented here itching to be a Samurai when the game launches.

Although, when the game was announced, I was assuming Samurai would be the majority of the playerbase, and was therefore surprised to see people on here so excited to play Knights and Vikings. I suppose, from a purely pop-culture point of view, shows like Game of Thrones and Vikings could pull people toward those factions, so it could go either way.

Fatal-Feit
11-24-2015, 06:58 AM
nicely, though- only unfortunate thing will be the lack of the meteor feat (yes, I said meteor :) ).

dat arrow storm doe

Willaguy2010
11-24-2015, 08:30 AM
From my perspective the Samurai will be the majority faction, there's a post somewhere around here that was calling all Chosen, and there was a lot of people that responded to that post saying they were Chosen. Also I'm pretty sure most anime lovers and Japanophiles will choose Samurai.

SavageBudBro
11-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Going to most likely be setting up as a Viking. Can't wait to hear more about this game and what they plan on doing with it. Absolutely fell in love with it after playing the Alpha.. I think I'm going to try and be a huge content creator and focus on the Viking Faction. Haha

Epyhz
12-02-2015, 04:55 AM
I'm feeling samurai all the way for me.

Krispii
12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
How could anybody not get excited about being a big stinky Norseman with a bushy beard, a battleaxe the size of a horse and blood rage chopping down pansies in armour left right and centre?

On top of which, Valhalla! Enough said!

I think it's probably Warborn for me...

Zercon.
12-02-2015, 04:27 PM
each class has 4 sub classes i want to see them more before picking

dAijow
12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
I live on the western shores of Konunga Riket Svea, it would thus be unloyal for me to be anything other than a Viking. Not that I would want to be anything else ;)

I've always been impressed by the sheer combat readiness of the Viking Folk, their training from early childhood and their military reputation throughout the European continent to the Byzantine Empire.

coma987
12-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Should I start one getting reddit and forums involved, I noticed that different people hang out in different places. On reddit it seemed to be the chosen being there mostly.

ExaltedSloth345
12-05-2015, 03:46 AM
I am a little perplexed on which faction I want to fight for, which is why I narrow down statistics and intriguing heritage.

Knights have always been famous soldiers of the Middle Ages, evidently armed with armor and broadswords, making great fighters. In For Honor, I believe the Knights will hold the greatest defense stats and the lowest mobility, and their swords speak for themselves.

Samurai are the warriors of feudal Japan, living by the spiritual path laid out by their mentors. Mysterious and not to mention deadly soldiers, I could assume from the very beginning that the Samurai would wield sheer agility, enabling them to escape from almost any sticky situation, though deploying weakly armored units.

I am still deciding, but I usually prefer armored classes, so my choice of Knights is higher than Samurai. Again, we will have to wait and see in the Beta.

disbandedapoll
12-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Samurai for me by far just for speed, in any conflict armor is useless if you aren't hit :D that said wife wants viking (freedom nut :D LOL)

Skeletor1973
12-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Viking all Day! ALL night cant wait

Willaguy2010
12-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Samurai for me by far just for speed, in any conflict armor is useless if you aren't hit :D that said wife wants viking (freedom nut :D LOL)

This makes me wonder if the differences between factions will be purely in combat scenarios, IE: knights have better defence, Samurai faster strikes. Or if they will be differentiated between even more, by say, movement speed outside of combat or something to that effect. Also, a Knight's armor in real life restricted very little agility or mobility, just don't ever get knocked down in that armor!

Tustanuxo
12-11-2015, 11:04 AM
There is only one choice. Because the axe is best. :D
(the answer is vikings of course)

Z1rker
12-11-2015, 05:33 PM
I'll choose viking any time gotta love hitting like a truck!!

cocoguapo
12-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Are there any special combat attacks like using the axe as a hook to takedown enemies and then just hack away at them? I mean the Viking tactics were more on close quarters combat tactics like disabling the enemy with their hooks and using their shields to compensate the parrying and blocking capabilities of the axe and not just wild men hacking and slashing away their axes like madmen. Furthermore, the axe in a way has half the slicing power of the sword and half the blunt power of the mace so the axe is basically very versatile and depends on how you hold the axe with the shield or dual wield in some cases.

cocoguapo
12-12-2015, 03:43 AM
In my own OPINION the Knight can counter the Samurai and the Samurai can counter the Viking while the Viking can counter the Knight.

Who do you guys think can counter who and why?

I like very constructive and factual arguments :cool:.

Only4Honor
12-14-2015, 08:12 AM
each class has 4 sub classes i want to see them more before picking

Agreed.

icemonkeyjr
12-14-2015, 11:26 PM
All of them :)

HideoshiKaze.TV
12-15-2015, 12:04 AM
I will be a Knight Warden

I was top 3 in the closed Alpha using only him. And only him I shall take to the grave =P

hatchery
12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
In my own OPINION the Knight can counter the Samurai and the Samurai can counter the Viking while the Viking can counter the Knight.

Who do you guys think can counter who and why?

I like very constructive and factual arguments :cool:.

I don't really think it'll work like that (I hope it won't). Since it'll be faction vs faction battles, any faction ought to be balanced against both of the other two. If there are counters it'll be in the classes.

DraxeI
12-15-2015, 06:35 PM
I will be a Knight Warden

I was top 3 in the closed Alpha using only him. And only him I shall take to the grave =P

I must say I'm surprised you'd pick anything outside of the Chosen ;)

coma987
12-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Hehe Hideoshi I beat you by only a few kills didn't I? :D I will probably play the spear knight or the warden.

MisterWillow
12-15-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't really think it'll work like that (I hope it won't). Since it'll be faction vs faction battles, any faction ought to be balanced against both of the other two. If there are counters it'll be in the classes.

I agree.

The devs seem to be emphasizing certain characteristics that each faction does well, so that players have different general play-styles to choose from beyond weapon selection---Legion are more defensive, Chosen are quick, and I think I heard that Warborn are going to be aggressive (whatever that means).

It would be a mistake to make one faction be inherently better than another anyway. There'd be too much of a risk that, the moment you had a team of Knights seeing that they were facing Vikings (to use cocoguapo's example), the Knights would quit, since they know the odds are stacked against them from the beginning.

theinkBot
12-18-2015, 12:42 AM
Even though I'm Swedish, I'll side with the Knights.

At least that's my initial intent. We'll see how things go. I tried to play both Oni and Warden equally in Alpha, because we were testing, but I generally liked the Warden a bit more. Even though the arrow storm skill was kinda awesome.

RVSage
12-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Samurai 80%. It suits my personal style and appearance . and maybe knight, Viking naaaaaa

spandexmuffin
01-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Definitely samurai. Weeb army ftw i guess. Though there are a lot of other reasons to like samurai than just anime and Japan..... With how they value honor and with harakiri (or seppuku), I feel they are the most brutal class to pick. (Though a lot of you will vehemently disagree...)

Close second would be viking. With their battle axes and valuing strength and glory in the afterlife, they are right with samurai in brutal, lore. (Though it is more on the thirst for blood and grand battle side.)

Knights are just boring. Maybe it's because I've played so many medieval games with knights and plate armor and swords that they just became over done.

TLDR; Samurai are hardcore warriors that value honor above their own life. Vikings are blood thirsty brutes that value strength and a grand battle. Knights are servants who value family names and fame.