PDA

View Full Version : Will My Rig be able to play AC Syndicate? - concerned about the graphics card

Chrisday0
11-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Hello all,

I would really appreciate some thoughts on weather my rig will be able to play the PC Assassin's Creed Syndicate or not. The graphics card is the real question...
Of recent games for a possible comparison, AC Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, Crysis 3, Metro Redux, Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor, Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void have all worked just fine with no problems.

My Rig:
GeForce GTX 670
intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16.00 GB RAM (15.94 usable)
Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1
64 bit operating system

I think that's all the details I should need but I'm really not a hardware expert at all so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 12:56 AM
yes the 670 is a good card and will play Syndicate. Before my present 980 ti I had a 970 and before that a Palit 670 and that card was brilliant... at 1920 x 1080 it performed the same as a gtx 680. It will probably match or even better the newer gtx 960 in games but its only drawback is it has 2gb of vram and games are demanding more and more vram nowadays. The minimum is a 660 so your 670 is above minimum spec. your 4770 is great and 16gb ram is also great.

At some time I would suggest you consider windows 10... it is quite stable now and when DX12 capable games come out it will have a big advantage.

here's what you can expect (you may want to view it on youtube on full screen and to change the setting up to 1080 HD so you can see how good it looks)

https://youtu.be/w2gLayjiXa0

EDIT I should have added that DX12 tile resources will help cards with less vram... unless Devs start piling on the textures 8^)

Chrisday0
11-24-2015, 01:06 AM
thanks strigoi1958, much apprecated!

D.I.D.
11-24-2015, 05:47 AM
It's a rule of thumb that the Nvidia card of any time roughly matches the performance of its forebear in the previous family +10. So a 670 would be roughly like a 760 or a 950/960 (there was no 800 series in desktop GPUs!). It can get a bit weird around the Ti models, and for some high performance models you'd count the Ti as a step, but it tends to hold true.

Here's an example
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

The focus with the 900s was energy efficiency, hence the tiny wobble in the rule :) As you can see, on computing performance they're pretty much the same, although admittedly they benchmark a little differently.
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-950-vs-GeForce-GTX-670

My guess would be that with Medium/High settings you can get a decent way about 30fps but not north of 60fps, therefore with VSync on to stop screen-tearing you're going to get a pretty solid 30fps. If you don't have a dedicated system for FPS-counting, it's built into GeForce experience now - have a look in the settings, and you can toggle a little FPS counter overlay. With that on, you can experiment with settings and see which settings hit your machine the hardest. The game is pretty hard on VRAM for 2GB cards, and AA will add to that burden, so the tool in the Syndicate menus will give you an idea of how much pressure the card is under but the FPS counter is a better indication. FXAA might be all you can manage, but give the 2X TXAA + FXAA setting a try. MSAA (multi-sampling) is out of the question for anything but the most powerful systems.

Syndicate will detect your card and guess the best settings for you, which is a start (and maybe it'll be exactly right).