PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate lags

fossda92
11-23-2015, 10:01 PM
System specs: OC'd FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz, R9 290, 8GB 1600 MHz RAM
With a 30fps cap, I can run AC Syndicate at mostly highest settings with a solid 30fps MOST of the time. However, at random moments, especially when riding a horse, I get sudden drops to 15fps for a second before going back up to 30fps again. This is very noticeable and annoying. I've tried lowering all the settings to low, and I still get framerate drops. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

GrimShins
11-23-2015, 10:19 PM
You're not alone. Running on an FX-8320e, R9 280, 16 GB 1866 Mhz, game installed on an 850 Evo, and, regardless of detail level, stuttering occurs when crossing into a different borough, or when rapidly advancing to different areas via carriage. Never had any issues like that with Unity. If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with how aggressive Syndicate is with loading/unloading assets. Hopefully it will be addressed in an upcoming patch, along with the cloth physics being stuck at 30fps.

fossda92
11-23-2015, 10:46 PM
What settings are you running at? Do you otherwise get a steady 30fps like me?

GrimShins
11-23-2015, 11:18 PM
I run on the High preset, which is what the game autodetected for my hardware, and the framerate is consistently between 35-45 fps otherwise. The only time it ever dips is during the kinds of stutters you described.

fossda92
11-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Looks as if we're both having the same issue then. It's a shame because the game looks really good but it's unplayable at the moment because of this bug. Its definetley much worse when horse riding, though also happens when just doing parkour. I really hope Ubisoft will bring a patch.

fossda92
11-25-2015, 10:32 PM
I've installed the new AMD drivers, but the problem still occurs :( it's even worse on the train hideout, constant stuttering.

UbiSmarmy
11-26-2015, 01:30 AM
If the issues are persisting after lowering the graphics settings in the game and with the most updated drivers I'd suggest try a complete re-install of the game, it's time intensive but it'll probably resolve the issue.

Another thing you could try would be to make sure that you don't have any programs running in the background which could cause a spike in CPU usage.

If you've reinstalled and made sure that there aren't any background programs clogging up the CPU and you're still experiencing the issue please contact Ubisoft Suppoort (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/index) for more in-depth support.

jandraelune
11-26-2015, 06:08 AM
Ubisoft engines always run worse on AMD/ATI then Nvidia.

lucyfb2015
11-26-2015, 07:49 AM
I choose installed the new AMD drivers.

UA_SOAP
11-26-2015, 08:25 AM
My specs:
-ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
-AMD FX9590 4,7 GHz
-AMD 2*8 GB DDR3 2400 MHz (runs at 18** GHz)
-ASUS R9 295x2
-Windows 8.1 (x64)
-Latest AMD Drivers (24.11.2015)

got 25-55 FPS with any settings (it's not even Full HD! it runs at 1280-1024). The only thing that changes from messing up with settings is overall visual quality - but still got same fps with lowest settings as much as with maximum, nVidia Gameworks features also doesn't have any influence on FPS. You newer were good at optimization on AMD\radeon, even if it's top products.

I'll try to reinstall game and give update on it.

P.S.
Maybe its time to change AC engine to something easier for your programmers to optimize your games, or forbid Ubisoft Kiev work with PC versions of any games, because all the AMD users concern about the future of such big products as Division and Wildlands. As a PC user before I bought ACS Gold Edition I tested torrent version with no updates and it was more smother before first patch... It's a pity that Ubisoft dont care about AMD users optimization. BTW Unity runs at same FPS at any video settings but highest fps is a bit lower than AC Syndicate's.

UPDATE

I finally reinstalled game and get higher FPS, kinda weird. now its about 35-55 (with Vsync OFF and 35-40 if it's ON). lower fps become higher about 10 fps after this manipulation. But no metter what video settings I use I don't get any rise in performance same FPS but lower visual quality. Any recomendatioin from Community representative? Maybe Ubisoft should stop for a moment and fired up bunch of workers to finally get it (optimization for AMD and RADEON)? BTW AC4 Black Flag with last patch runs on my configuration in 30-40 fps in town? are kidding my, old engine and this... SHAME ON YOU. Buy Frostbite engine for your games and do not discover same bike again and again, if u daon't know how to do it properly.

P.S.
I'm not angry, I'm your true fan. I love your games because of storytelling and gameplay but damn optimization ruins it all( I hope you wount [Removed] up with GR Wildlands and Division, cause MP\Co-oP games without optimization will be total fail for company.

fossda92
12-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Even with the new patch I still get the same problem... Even when walking slowly, the game will intermittently freeze for a second. Maybe 16GB of RAM and an SSD would help?

YazX_
12-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Even with the new patch I still get the same problem... Even when walking slowly, the game will intermittently freeze for a second. Maybe 16GB of RAM and an SSD would help?

have you tried to run UPlay in offline mode?

fossda92
12-14-2015, 12:10 AM
No, I'll give that a try,

fossda92
12-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Nope, that doesn't solve the issue.

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Ubisoft engines always run worse on AMD/ATI then Nvidia.

Not Far Cry 3, and it uses the same Dunia Engine 2 Far Cry 4 does. I have Far Cry 3 on Uplay exclusively and my 7970 plays it quite well on max settings with HDAO on, which is still superior to any AO Nvidia has come up with.

This is proof that spec has zero to do with it. It's all about whether they choose to be non biased at development time. Most devs don't like to admit they DO in fact show endorsement bias.

I include CPUs in spec having nothing to do with it because AMD CPUs in general are just inferior to Intel. In that regard it's more about architecture than game coding. I'm expecting the Zen core CPUs to bring back the completion hardware wise for CPUs.

fossda92
12-15-2015, 11:37 PM
I contacted Ubisoft Support and they told me to turn AA off... Didn't help.

majorHughes90
12-25-2015, 04:02 AM
The game stutters incessantly while on carriages. I have tried to run on the lowest graphics settings, my driver is updated till 359.06. I have patched till 1.31. I have downloaded my copy through UPlay
My Rig:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM(12.00 GB)
DirectX Version: 12
Graphic Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Display Memory: 10151 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4008 MB
Shared Memory: 6143 MB
Re-installation doesn't work. While in-game it seems that it waits to load all the graphical assets as it freezes for a few seconds and starts again and this stuttering is only observed on carriage. It needs to have some kind of optimization.
The steam version has also faced a problem. Some of them have managed to get a work around
http://steamcommunity.com/app/368500/discussions/0/485622866436583274/#p2

fossda92
01-09-2016, 12:14 AM
Your CPU may be a bottleneck. Your GPU can run the game at high settings with a good CPU.

Jovianstone
01-09-2016, 09:46 PM
i5 3570k , 16gb 1600, r9 280, and same thing. No matter the settings I'll get drastic drops to 15 fps(from 30-40) or 30 fps (from 50-60). Usually when loading new areas, typically when running or controlled descents.And insane amounts of micro-stutter. Even indoors, for example like a fight club.

Edit: Crazy thing is the game runs at a near perfect 60 fps at night even in the River Thames with all the ships ( "mostly"; 50-60 while running).
This is with globalillumination=0 in the ini, not that I think that's making much of a difference- I just think it helps take the edge off the MASSIVE GLARE on the textures and thresholds from over illumination.Oh and bloom=0 as well.

And if I set the Fog=0, I'll get great increases to fps. Albeit the game looks terrible if I do, so I have to leave it on. I'm curious as to why the fog is so demanding. If anything it should be used to hide bad textures\lod, not cover them.

fossda92
01-09-2016, 10:27 PM
I upgraded to an SSD, but the stuttering is still just as bad.

TaylorBlakeH
02-17-2017, 11:49 PM
I'd like to know how to fix this is well...

I'm on a 5820K with 2 x 980 Ti's in SLI and keep between 90 and 120 FPS all of the time, but these momentary hitching hiccups are irritating as hell.... It's not low frame rate, mind you. And I can be walking slowly as someone else said and they just randomly happen, not being caused by a dramatic scene change or loading of new assets on screen.

My CPU doesn't spike when these hitches occur and my RAM is nowhere near full either. I'm at a loss for what's causing it, if anything other than the game engine itself which can't be fixed by external tweaks and modifications.

I feel like I don't ever remember this happening the first time I played through this game on my PC. But now that I'm replaying it, as much as I'm enjoying a beautiful AC game at a super high frame rate, these 2 second hitches that keep happening every 15 - 30 seconds are seriously breaking my immersion.

Another thing to note is any time the game is coming out of a cutscene and transitioning back to the player to take control again, there is always a LONG stutter/pause before it resumes that lasts like five seconds, while you're just waiting for the game respond so you can start chasing after whoever your target is. It's very similar to the pause/stutter you see when exiting back out of the game menu.

Regardless of a user's frame rate, it looks like these hitches are affecting everyone on slow systems and fast systems. I'm not having any issues with my frame rate - Just the game almost halting for 2 seconds at a time every so often. Other than that I'm back to 100+ FPS. I might try lowering Environment quality later tonight and see what effect that has. That settings is supposed to control LOD/draw distance and the stutters do sometimes feel like they're being caused by the loading of new assets in the background, even though they're not necessarily on screen.

strigoi1958
02-18-2017, 03:58 AM
I had a single 980 ti and the game ran silky smooth even at 2560x1440p. So I'm wondering if it is the fact you are running SLI. The problems with so many games and SLI systems makes Sli too much of a headache for me. The drivers take 6 months before they fix SLI issues and by then everyone's moved on to the next game. Have you tried disabling one of the cards to see if that fixes it... if it does then it's an nvidia problem.

But other than that, you are doing the right thing by turning off or changing settings one at a time to see if something is affecting it.

I assume you use Wagnards DDU (display driver uninstaller) as it removes all the things that nvidia's "clean" install leaves behind. That can cause problems...

My 980 ti overheated and the 980 ti had a very short shelf life so no replacements so they sent me a 1070 o/c. I did notice in Mad Max I had a few pauses... but they disappeared after I changed my driver and deleted my game configuration file.... I'm not sure if the new driver fixed it or the config file still had my adapter ID for the 980 ti and caused a few hiccups????

I hope you solve it. ACS is a great game.