PDA

View Full Version : Worst Mission - Charles Darwin: Defamation

cheat.cfg
11-23-2015, 08:36 PM
For the game designer who approved this mission, were you smoking man? Do you need help?

Please stop making AC missions.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 10:14 PM
For the game designer who approved this mission, were you smoking man? Do you need help?

Please stop making AC missions.

Wanna talk about what you don't like about it?...
:p

chru5h
11-24-2015, 03:24 AM
This mission actually bugged out on me three times!

The first time right at the start of the mission. I climbed a building as Evie and then tried to descend. She just hung off the ledge. She wouldn't climb back up or drop down or go sideways. She was just stuck there. I had to restart the checkpoint. Then it just crashed completely during the crash scene then the third time was when I was chasing the criminal he just stopped and wouldn't move so I caught up to him and nothing. We were both kind of just standing around waiting for the story to progress. Three times I jad
To restart and finally on the 4th attempt the guy took so long to catch it was very boring!

cheat.cfg
11-24-2015, 08:57 AM
The NPC always runs faster than you just because, he is also a parkour master. But hey... I'll let this one slip, I've seen it before.
If you get ahead of him, you can't tackle him because it's not the right moment, even though it says tackle on his head.
There is a carriage that's gonna hit you and make you fall so you can loose more time scripted because you couldn't catch him anyway scripted event. Really? It always bumps me like it has rockets on its horses, and you can clearly see it waiting for you on the street....
After this the NPC goes through in a "crowd", in quotations because there are like 5 NPCs there and you can clearly see him, the game cuts your ability to run (Really? cut gameplay mechanics for this?) and says to spot your target; the NPC is like literally 5 feet in front of me with the yellow highlight on him (at this part I dropped my pringles on the floor because it was way to funny).
And after all of this, the NPCs goes standing in the middle of the train track with enough time to get out, because the train is not that close and the other tracks were empty, you then have a timer to tackle him to safety.... with the train far away... What? Isn't he like a parkour master? He can't get out of the train tracks? :)

So yeah...I should have caught this on film.
Hopefully there are no eavesdrop missions in this game or any of this chase nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game, I played all ACs, this is a lot better than Unity, the soundtrack, the performance on PC, the characters, even their stories, I even like the OP knives and the batman rope launcher it's pretty awesome to get around, but this type of mission should go into a closet and die a horrible death.

cawatrooper9
11-24-2015, 04:01 PM
The NPC always runs faster than you just because, he is also a parkour master. But hey... I'll let this one slip, I've seen it before.
If you get ahead of him, you can't tackle him because it's not the right moment, even though it says tackle on his head.
There is a carriage that's gonna hit you and make you fall so you can loose more time scripted because you couldn't catch him anyway scripted event. Really? It always bumps me like it has rockets on its horses, and you can clearly see it waiting for you on the street....
After this the NPC goes through in a "crowd", in quotations because there are like 5 NPCs there and you can clearly see him, the game cuts your ability to run (Really? cut gameplay mechanics for this?) and says to spot your target; the NPC is like literally 5 feet in front of me with the yellow highlight on him (at this part I dropped my pringles on the floor because it was way to funny).
And after all of this, the NPCs goes standing in the middle of the train track with enough time to get out, because the train is not that close and the other tracks were empty, you then have a timer to tackle him to safety.... with the train far away... What? Isn't he like a parkour master? He can't get out of the train tracks? :)

So yeah...I should have caught this on film.
Hopefully there are no eavesdrop missions in this game or any of this chase nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the game, I played all ACs, this is a lot better than Unity, the soundtrack, the performance on PC, the characters, even their stories, I even like the OP knives and the batman rope launcher it's pretty awesome to get around, but this type of mission should go into a closet and die a horrible death.

It sounds like the issues you're having all revolve around the fact that this chase has a scripted ending. I do agree that games in general need to be more obvious when chases are scripted.

D.I.D.
11-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Prefacing this post to say Syndicate is a great game and I'm really happy with it, before I have to point out some negative things...

The mission annoyed me more thematically than structurally. I'm not sure Darwin would be angrily insisting "We are NOT apes!" when his point was that we are related. While he didn't go as far as modern scientists in seeing humans as essentially another variety of great ape, his annoyance was that people were using the crude means of bad arguments and caricatures like this one to tear down a principle of huge intellectual importance. In Syndicate, Darwin's reaction is more like, "APES? How dare you?" and hires a murderer to fix them good.

As for the mission, the built-in inability to actually play it is annoying, but GTA V gets all kinds of praise and it's got lots of this kind of trickery too (quarry you can't catch until a specific moment, pursuers who are glued to you no matter what).

The "Conspiracy" DLC is arguably worse, since those missions have their own trailer and are used as a selling point for the Season Pass and special editions, and the entire thing is terrible. Anyone familiar with the series would know this was going to happen, but newcomers get bitterly disappointed by this stuff every year and it's never a good intro to a game series. Obviously it's a tall order to make content that most players will never see into a good product, but Ubisoft really has to start putting in that effort. This time it's particularly awful because not only is the content bad, and not only was it misrepresented in the trailer by being mixed in with exploding train footage from the main game, but most shamefully of all it is misleadingly billed. You would think, from the name, that we would be going on adventures with a double act of Chickens and Darwin, not meeting them in a pub to be sent to go on weak errands for their friend for 2/3 of the DLC. You might even think there'd be a conspiracy. There isn't.

HDinHB
11-24-2015, 10:06 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03507/doodle-lucy_3507955a.gif

cheat.cfg
11-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Btw, I managed to kidnap the NPC
Now what ? :)

http://s18.postimg.org/irde2zs21/Assassin_s_Creed_Syndicate2015_11_23_21_11_55.jpg

barteke22
01-17-2018, 05:01 PM
For me the bloody NPC got run over by a carriage and died... A SCRIPTED carriage no less... Like... Wtf? xD