PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the last Darwin/Dic.kens Conspiracy mission

Styrmn
11-23-2015, 07:58 PM
I am someone stuck on the "lose the fake fight" part.... either I let him hit me and die after 5-6 hits and it restarts the fight, or i avoid damage and it goes on forever until the npc finally dies from counter damage, which again restarts the fight. Tried using only stun attacks, still nothing other than him killing me. And it won't let me use healing items to make the fight last longer.
Since there is no way to cancel the mission at that point it means I have to kiss my save goodbye unless I figure out what I am doing wrong.
Anyone know how exactly the requirements work for this?
If it is screwing me over for not maxing my life/defense by that point it would be rather annoying (since again, no way to upgrade at this point).
Thanks for any help.

D.I.D.
11-23-2015, 08:11 PM
You have to balance attacking enough to make the fight look convincing, but not so much that you win. Just watch for the countdown timers, make one strike to make it reset, and then wait for the next one to appear. Repeat until you lose.

ladosefan
11-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Never punch him at all and when the countdown counter appears,just counter one of his hits to reset it..Keep trying with this method and be patient :D

D.I.D.
11-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Ah, that's it! Listen to ladosefan. I think I might have got away with a mixture of counters and the odd hit but it was mostly counters, I think.

RVSage
11-23-2015, 09:15 PM
The way I did it, i keep punching when he blocks , dont try to remove the block by pressing 'A' or 'X' (in ps4). Then he will hit you , do not counter. That is it. Punch while he blocks and do not counter when he hits back. This does it.

Styrmn
11-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Sadly I have tried all of these approaches several times and it always ends with me dying and desynching, therefor rebooting the fight endlessly...

And btw, a counter doesnt reset the timer even unless you do the follow-up punch as well.

ladosefan
11-24-2015, 12:06 PM
you must be doing something wrong mate...go watch the playthrough of the mission on youtube

Styrmn
11-24-2015, 03:09 PM
I have, and doing the same as them gets me killed... my only guess is that the trigger is a certain amount of punches from the guy and since i never level health or defense I just dont last enough to trigger it.
Thanks for trying though, I gave up and uninstalled the game to get rid of the dlc, so I would not lose my savefile. Killed all dlc progress but that is no great loss.
Have fun, all!