PDA

View Full Version : Little aesthetic details Request for AC Syndicate

sirburton
11-23-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm kinda surprised in seeing how Ubisoft still misses those small aesthetic details which are a core part of the beauty of all Acs. So i'd like to open a request thread hoping the developer read this and use our request for next patches.
1) Being able to walk around london with the cane in the hand..... Jacob is a Dandy Good Lord! Which dandy would dare to walk around victorian London without holding a cane in his hand....and possibly not only holding it, but flaunting it too with a perfect british haughtiness! Please ubisoft, next patch ^^ ... oh, also the "hiding-the-cane-inside-the-jacket" it's weird some way.
2) Being able to walk (walk means "not-crouched) with the cape on
3) a bit darker nights
4) being able to turn off that horrible hud effect which makes enemies' silhouettes shining like they've been esposed to some hyper-radioactive isotope....but STILL manteining the counter-attack signal displayed
4) maybe this is kinda expensive but I'm sure i won't be the only one to love it: the Hat section in the character customization. More Hats More Hats!

This is enough for now, but all forumers must feel free to add any reasonable request.
(Now, will developers listen to me\us ? )

sheby1911
11-23-2015, 10:16 PM
These all would be great! Unfortunately Ubi is not a Rockstar, so dont count on this, they do not have enough time to do this. AC game is in production for 2 years. GTA V was in 5 years I recon?

sirburton
11-23-2015, 11:44 PM
These all would be great! Unfortunately Ubi is not a Rockstar, so dont count on this, they do not have enough time to do this. AC game is in production for 2 years. GTA V was in 5 years I recon?

Concerning point4, I've solved it and i don't even know how.
Is there a way to contact developers and give them these suggestions?

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 12:35 AM
The cane is tricky because it would need an animation to put it away or take it out every single time Jacob climbed or used the rope launcher and people might get fed up waiting to get out of danger while they pop the jolly old cane inside the coat, also what about Evie... she would have to walk around with a cane as well as she has one or else someone would probably complain about sexual equality ;) and it wouldn't look right for her to swagger down the embankment with a cane.

4 I think you can turn everything off in the settings (I'm not certain )
5 yes I like all the outfits and the customisations... Unity really was great with all the weapons and outfits and colours.. Syndicate is very good but Unity just beats it.

sirburton
11-24-2015, 01:30 AM
The cane is tricky because it would need an animation to put it away or take it out every single time Jacob climbed or used the rope launcher and people might get fed up waiting to get out of danger while they pop the jolly old cane inside the coat, also what about Evie... she would have to walk around with a cane as well as she has one or else someone would probably complain about sexual equality ;) and it wouldn't look right for her to swagger down the embankment with a cane.

4 I think you can turn everything off in the settings (I'm not certain )
5 yes I like all the outfits and the customisations... Unity really was great with all the weapons and outfits and colours.. Syndicate is very good but Unity just beats it.

I mean, that's their job! I think Ubifost developers would be happy to create new animations in order to give Jacob even more charisma. Evie is not a problem, she's totally a different personality from Jacob; she would never walk through london with the cane in her hand, even if it was possible.
Another thins missing is the knie variety. They're all kukri, I'd love to see some european manifactured knife\dagger
And yes, Unity was truly rich as gear variety, lots of beautiful armors and dresses.

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 04:26 AM
They are nice ideas but I think they simply cannot be done
Because if you get 5 things changed then all 10 million other buyers are entitled to have 5 things changed so how long will it take them to do 50 million new things ? ;)
As much as the Devs might want to spend more time adding to Jacob or Evie... they are either having a very very well deserved break (the game is incredible) or they are working on other projects (Ubisoft is really giving us lots of great games soon like Rainbow 6 siege, Farcry Primal, For Honor, The crew wild run, Ghost recon wildlands) or they are working on little things in the game but these are important tweaks not personal choices even if they are very good ones.

What I think happens is... our posts get noticed on the forum and interesting points get passed on... if they seem a good idea, popular or reasonable they will get considered for future games but they will not be introduced in the finished game.

LUR21
11-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Apart from the hood toggle from main menu so I can walk around with a hood or not without using stealth I would like them to put in the option to disable Evie's chameleon skill either in hud menu or skills menu. I know I didn't have to get it, and regretted it straight away when I did, but you can't get to level 10 and the items with it without getting this ability. There should be an option in skills menu to de-activating it while keeping level 10. This is an excellent and fun game. If they added those 2 things I would be thrilled. Please devs.

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 12:08 PM
yes I know a lot of people on the console forum have repeatedly mentioned a hood toggle so I think it will be an option in the next games... possibly something that could be added to Syndicate in a patch ... I don't know but, I think if it did, the news of it would go viral instantly around the web. It seems to be a big thing.

The chameleon ability... I have not got that yet... I think maybe if Evie had appeared as slightly grey like Arno, Edward or Ezio does in environmental blending instead of see through it would have been less important, I think because she looks invisible (so we know she has blended in) people don't like invisible. But in future games I'm sure something will change because many people have mentioned it. So you're in a majority with those 2 good ideas