PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed as time goes on... :(

ShadoeKat
11-23-2015, 06:58 PM
I've had the game since day one and it is the first AC game I keep losing interest in. Even with Unity and its glitches was more appealing than Syndicate I keep coming back to try again and again and it's just dull, repetitive, and too safe. Too linear and confining and that's not what I look for in an AC game. London to me is the most boring place in all of the AC universe. Looking forward to the next game, gonna play Unity again, and wait for the movie. Syndicate played it too safe and likely only appeals to...well, whoever. Just sad about this game. :(

TheBIHLover
11-23-2015, 09:44 PM
I've had the game since day one and it is the first AC game I keep losing interest in. Even with Unity and its glitches was more appealing than Syndicate I keep coming back to try again and again and it's just dull, repetitive, and too safe. Too linear and confining and that's not what I look for in an AC game. London to me is the most boring place in all of the AC universe. Looking forward to the next game, gonna play Unity again, and wait for the movie. Syndicate played it too safe and likely only appeals to...well, whoever. Just sad about this game. :(

I agree with some of it. What I miss is the depth when it comes to the stories. The ending was really bad and that is one of the clearest examples that the story miss some depth. I would like if Ubisoft could include missions like we had in AC 2, where you could go inside churches or places and collect those pieces and in the end you would get a really nice costume. All AC Syndicate had was collecting stuff in the city and you would get a new costume. That is not that special, because in the game you can collect beer bottles, pressed flowers, all those boxes with stuff etc. It gets repetitive and in the end it gets boring.

However, I liked fighting with my ''own'' gang and liberating London from the templars. It reminded me of AC Brotherhood, so I would like to see that in the future.

I would also like to go back more in time. We have too much GTA-type games, where you have pistols, carriages etc. When the AC is placed in more ancient places, the game gets special, because there are not many games where you can walk freely around and fight people with ancient weapons, like a sword. I would also like that the next AC games has more surrounding areas and not just one city. It would be better if the next games could go away from the city, so that the players explore other areas, for example farms or forests.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Hey,
I get that you may be frustrated, and I'm sure others would appreciate your opinion. But to avoid cluttering up this forum with individual threads for everyone's impressions of the game, try posting stuff like this in here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1299291-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Gamer-Impressions-%28PC%29-**POTENTIAL-SPOILERS**/page8

(It's probably more likely to be seen then, anyway ;) )

Thanks!

phoenix-force411
11-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Rome was the most boring for me. Syndicate's more fun if you don't buy all of those stupid gang perks that make Rooks populate the streets of London.

RzaRecta357
11-24-2015, 02:52 AM
I feel like it's the younger ones that don't like London.

I-Like-Pie45
11-24-2015, 03:01 AM
London's a lousy city anyways, not even its own inhabitants in real life like it and the rest of the world practically ignores it

There's a reason Paris is always the one being paid attention to ;) :)

Who ever signed a treaty in London or wrote a song about it ;) :)

ShadoeKat
01-16-2016, 02:14 PM
I feel like it's the younger ones that don't like London.

Not one of the younger ones. Love the assumption though.

Megas_Doux
01-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Rome was the most boring for me. Syndicate's more fun if you don't buy all of those stupid gang perks that make Rooks populate the streets of London.

This!!!!!

London my favorite main big AC city, Rome my least. The Thames/Southwark area is a highlight.

Jackdaw951
01-16-2016, 04:23 PM

Yes, the perks make it way too easy, and nearly all can be had before Sequence 5. I got to Level 10 with fully upgraded gear (with a couple of items still at Level 9) and conquered the entire city that early. I was missing one gang upgrade that depended on more story progression. Side activities made it all possible, especially cargo hijacks. Search for rooks to recruit? Why? I can call a carriage full of them. Proceed stealthily and cautiously into gang strongholds? Why? I can send in my five Level-9 and -10 thugs to decimate the opposition. Climb tall, complicated structures carefully, so I don't kill myself? Why? I have this Batman gadget to zoom me to the top in one launch. Hop across rooftops to traverse a hostile area? Why? I have this deadly carriage full of strong allies, and I fear no one. It's fun at first, to be sure, but it does lose its luster more quickly than any other AC.

M.ellith.
01-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Seriously, guys? Rome is your least favorite city? Canít believe it! Rome is one of the best AC cities ever created for me. Here is my list:

The Best: Venice, Florence, Forli, San Gimignano, Rome
Good: Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus, Masyaf, Paris, Havana, Kingston
Mediocre: London, Constantinople
Poorly made: Boston, NY

it is the first AC game I keep losing interest in.
I started losing interest after terrible AC3.

Even with Unity and its glitches was more appealing than Syndicate
Agree.

I keep coming back to try again and again and it's just dull, repetitive
Me too. I want to finish at least the main missions on 100%, but I canít. The game is too boring and buggy. Unity was way better. At least it had co-op.

Looking forward to the next game
Iím not. Unless the rumor of Ancient Egypt is true. Iím gonna buy it only, if the story will be good and the gameplay less buggy and varied.

LoyalACFan
01-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Seriously, guys? Rome is your least favorite city? Canít believe it! Rome is one of the best AC cities ever created for me.

IMO the actual city of Rome (particularly the Centro district) was cool, but the map itself sucked. You have like a third of it that's the city proper, which was good, but then the entire rest of the game world is just a grass field with dull little mini-towns that all looked and felt the same. Not to mention all those ugly, boxy, obnoxious cliff faces that you had to run a quarter mile to circumnavigate.

To get back to the topic... Yeah, I feel your frustration OP, I had absolutely no hype for Syndicate, which was good, because it was just kinda tepid. I loved London and the beautiful soundtrack that accompanied it (can't praise the work that was done there enough) but the story was directionless, had no real driving force behind it, and relied really heavily on a villain that ultimately didn't pay off in the end. That final "fight" was one of the most embarrassingly cheesy things I've ever played, and that's coming from a Metal Gear fan; I have fought a morbidly obese octogenarian suicide bomber on roller skates without wincing as hard as I did fighting Starrick.

I think you're right in saying that Syndicate played it far too safe; it responded to Unity's backfire by completely erasing the progress it made. Customization sucks again. Combat is more button-mashy than ever. The sexism controversy was negated by making a Mary Sue into a playable protagonist (though I did like Evie well enough). And we're back to a brash doofus hero again. It really doesn't bring anything new to the table besides the rope launcher (which should die in a furnace) and off-rails horse carriages (which were amusing enough as a form of transport but quickly devolved into Grand Theft Equine).

Civona
01-17-2016, 09:39 AM
if I hadn't skipped syndicate i would have skipped the next game even though it's skipping a year. as it is, I think i'll feel interested in a new AC game even if it's not amazing. time works wonders.

cjdavies
01-17-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm loving London, maybe more as close to me and exploring it is fun.

Most boring for me was AC1, as I played more it was too boring, the same thing over and over, if I didn't read up on it saying AC2 was much better, I would have ignored the series altogether, I end up playing AC1, 2 and Brotherhood back to back.

Exploring wise Blackflag and Rogue started to bore me as time went on with all the different islands, fast travel couldn't come quick enough.

This, I'm on Sequence 4, and only upgraded the money making one, I did also upgrade it so the blighters don't bother me when I'm just strolling past (did my head in). I have cleared 2 distracts, but not others, I will do the side missions for them and leave the gang strongholds til last.

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 09:40 PM
I thought Syndicate was pretty lame too.

No matter though, at this point Assassins Creed is the Final Fantasy of open world action games.

Sooooo you're gonna love some, you're gonna hate some, and some you're going to pretend don't exist. That's just how it is with a long series like this. AC may not vary as much as FF but they've been changing the mechanics in pretty crazy ways lately so yeah.

IMO the actual city of Rome (particularly the Centro district) was cool, but the map itself sucked. You have like a third of it that's the city proper, which was good, but then the entire rest of the game world is just a grass field with dull little mini-towns that all looked and felt the same. Not to mention all those ugly, boxy, obnoxious cliff faces that you had to run a quarter mile to circumnavigate.

To get back to the topic... Yeah, I feel your frustration OP, I had absolutely no hype for Syndicate, which was good, because it was just kinda tepid. I loved London and the beautiful soundtrack that accompanied it (can't praise the work that was done there enough) but the story was directionless, had no real driving force behind it, and relied really heavily on a villain that ultimately didn't pay off in the end. That final "fight" was one of the most embarrassingly cheesy things I've ever played, and that's coming from a Metal Gear fan; I have fought a morbidly obese octogenarian suicide bomber on roller skates without wincing as hard as I did fighting Starrick.

I think you're right in saying that Syndicate played it far too safe; it responded to Unity's backfire by completely erasing the progress it made. Customization sucks again. Combat is more button-mashy than ever. The sexism controversy was negated by making a Mary Sue into a playable protagonist (though I did like Evie well enough). And we're back to a brash doofus hero again. It really doesn't bring anything new to the table besides the rope launcher (which should die in a furnace) and off-rails horse carriages (which were amusing enough as a form of transport but quickly devolved into Grand Theft Equine).

Everything you say is just sooooo on the mark.

So much this.

HeJePi
01-18-2016, 04:37 PM
There are exactly 727 'collectibles' in AC Syndicate ...

Including 1 'unreachable' Helix Glitch in WW 1

The worst installment in the whole saga !

Jackdaw951
01-18-2016, 04:48 PM
It's not unreachable. It's so obtusely placed that I think it's a mistake, but it can be reached, like so: Poise yourself on the inside edge of the top of the covered walkway opposite the glitch. Zipline across to the edge of the other walkway, directly toward the glitch. At the very last moment, before grabbing the ledge, do a leap of faith into the haystack. I just did this 2 days ago, after much cursing, internet searching, and failed attempts/re-climbs. Climbing back up if you fail is easiest thus: grapple to the tall pole directly by the haystack; zipline to the right side of the tower, just above the walkways; shuffle left to the ledge in the middle; then zip to the left walkway from there.

ChiBeerSnob7
01-19-2016, 04:39 PM
This is the first AC game I have played since the Native American Daddy issues one. I don't recall the name. With that said, I find London really easy and boring. I just started to play on the 8th of this month. I'm around 45% complete, at a level 9 and only two more skills needed to be complete. After I took over White Chapel, I played to take over other parts of the city which gave me XP for doing so. I would suggest going forward just give you a cash reward, and no XP reward. The same goes for the personal side missions. I've gotten so many Skill Points from just doing the side missions. I just killed the cousin of the main boss for the story aspect of it at level 8 at the time.

Maybe restrict the side missions in regards to the levels of them until you meet certain aspects of the main story line.

I love the story lines in the game(s), but this group of notable historic group seems weird. Hey Watch it.. I'm Charles Darwin.. OO wait, help me. The Karl Marx story line while understandable, makes no sense on how he came about in game. Just shows up on the map if I recall.

Overall give the game a 7/10

marvelfannumber
01-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Seriously, guys? Rome is your least favorite city? Canít believe it! Rome is one of the best AC cities ever created for me. Here is my list:

I liked Rome myself, but I was honestly really annoyed that they wasted such an amazing city for Brotherhood, rather than saving it for a game set in Ancient Rome (although that may still happen, who knows?)

cawatrooper9
01-19-2016, 05:12 PM
I liked Rome myself, but I was honestly really annoyed that they wasted such an amazing city for Brotherhood, rather than saving it for a game set in Ancient Rome (although that may still happen, who knows?)

I mean, we had colonial New York in a game, then had New York in a game set only about 20 years earlier. The differences between Renaissance Rome and Ancient Rome would be way bigger than that (not to mention the differences of at least 6 years of technological advancement and a new console generation).

marvelfannumber
01-19-2016, 05:24 PM
I mean, we had colonial New York in a game, then had New York in a game set only about 20 years earlier. The differences between Renaissance Rome and Ancient Rome would be way bigger than that (not to mention the differences of at least 6 years of technological advancement and a new console generation).

Hey, one can only hope right?

Rioz22222
01-20-2016, 11:29 PM
yea I feel you buddy Syndicate simply sucks when compared to Unity in every way all it has is ziplines

Sesheenku
01-20-2016, 11:34 PM
yea I feel you buddy Syndicate simply sucks when compared to Unity in every way all it has is ziplines

Wow I actually agree with you on something.

Prepare for the end of the world ladies and gentlemen.

Sesheenku
01-20-2016, 11:55 PM
Keep being none sense...not you fault anyway kids never learn ...

XD I agree with you and you get mad.

Oh my, most amusing.

I see your ignorance knows no bounds, whether I am kind or harsh. So I see no reason to extend kindness to you.

Rioz22222
01-21-2016, 12:08 AM
XD I agree with you and you get mad.

Oh my, most amusing.

I see your ignorance knows no bounds, whether I am kind or harsh. So I see no reason to extend kindness to you.

well you always find a way to make fun of people or their comments it's just part of growing up don't worryanyway just read what I wrote on your topic & thanks no need for it try to behave better respect people who are different you might not understand now but you will once you are at the right biological age ;)

Update I say it's for best I ignore you just saying in case you think I can't continue I can & I won't because continuing this conversation is foolish tho seems like you still wanna argue by the comment you left below if you want account ban on forums so bad there are other ways as well not going to play your game anymore TROLL .

Sesheenku
01-21-2016, 12:12 AM
well you always find a way to make fun of people or their comments it's just part of growing up don't worryanyway just read what I wrote on your topic & thanks no need for it try to behave better respect people who are different you might not understand now but you will once you are at the right biological age ;)

I treat people who are intelligent their age. Almost everything you say in your debates is an argument filled with bias and nonsense.

I don't give you respect because you don't deserve it from me.

Oh and another thing, you're also not worthy to give me advice. You said the witcher is the best game ever in history XD, who says stuff like that?

When I see a change in you that shows me that you have the most basic of basic intelligence then I will begin to show you respect. For now though expect more trolling in your future. Unless of course the staff pities you once more and bans the big scary Sesheenku who treats you so terribly.