PDA

View Full Version : Why there is no English language?

Alan4iTo
11-23-2015, 05:59 PM
Why there is no English language?

I mean, are you serious?
Your previous games had posibility to combinate any languages (sound + subtitles), so why now i don't have any choice?

Evie/Jacob's voice sound way more pleasant on English. And in Russian store it's locked to Russian localization which is, for a second, absolutely awful :(

Any chance that you will add posibility to change language of the game?

Youngwarrior93
11-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Where did you buy the game? Maybe you bought a Russian version of the game.

Seaclean
11-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Where did you buy the game? Maybe you bought a Russian version of the game.

lol, busted... he certainly did.

YazX_
11-23-2015, 09:20 PM
The RU version of the game has language lock on RU/CIS region, if you bought this version then the only available language is Russian as the price is like 1/3 of the global (multi-language) version and its only specific for RU/CIS region who wish to play the game in RU language and dont want to pay full price for multi-language version.

Alan4iTo
11-24-2015, 03:42 AM
The RU version of the game has language lock on RU/CIS region, if you bought this version then the only available language is Russian as the price is like 1/3 of the global (multi-language) version and its only specific for RU/CIS region who wish to play the game in RU language and dont want to pay full price for multi-language version.

Is this a joke?
ALL previous Assassin's Creed games HAD a possibility to combine languages. And back then they was much cheeper.

So folowing your logic, by paying a game for my country's currency, I am paying only language-cutted version of the game.
But why it is language? Why just don't sell me exactly 1/3 of the game.

I am sorry, but can't i just get an attention of someone who's closer to Ubisoft?
Your answer is nonsense.

I am not some dodgy guy who bought RU/CIS version but living in US or Europe just to save some money. It's Russia if you didn't noticed yet.

UbiFancy
11-24-2015, 03:52 AM
Hi Alan4iTo, please contact Ubisoft support directly and create a ticket with them.

support.ubi.com (https://support.ubi.com)

Alan4iTo
11-24-2015, 04:17 AM
UbiLangfora, thanks i guess...

Anykeyer
11-24-2015, 09:16 AM
I find this practice absurd as well. AC games had good russian translations and voice acting when Akella did them, AC1, 2 and ACB. Those games also had no language lock.
Since then Ubisoft contracted Logrus and started locking language. I dont think its connected but together those 2 things make your games not worth even 2/3 (yes, its not 1/3 btw lol) of the EU/US price. Translation is horrible, sometimes characters say absolute nonsense, and voice acting... well, it doesnt exist.
Currently there is no easy way to get english version. Steam, Uplay, retail, almost every digital shop automatically sell you RU-only with no other option and often without warning. On top of this Ubisoft locked cross-region trading on Steam for Unity's and Syndicate's full price versions. For ***ing what? So a gamer living in Russia cant trade a game with someone who got EU/US version and in doing so give Ubisoft more money? I can understand locks like this on low price, but full price versions as well? M.O.R.O.N.S. Before Unity I was eventually getting 2 copies/versions of each game for myself: EU/US Uplay and EU/US Steam. But right now EU/US Steam version isnt tradeable across regions so Ubisoft is loosing money they would otherwise got from Steam version sale. And no, Im not buying RU version, thank you very much. At least for now they didnt try locking EU/US keys activations in Uplay, so I still do keep giving them money for EU/US Uplay version.
Ubisoft should provide a simple way to get unrestricted version at full price for those who dont want this BS. As of now pirates got better version than paying customers. Good job, I guess.

Gezesh_Rahl
11-24-2015, 09:48 AM
I stopped buying Ubisoft games since Black Flag and WatchDogs came introducing a language lock feature. That language lock is an absolutely idiotic idea and only keeps money away from them as it easier to get a pirate version of the game, than buy a multi version in CIS, not that you really want to spend your money with that attitude.

YazX_
11-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Is this a joke?
ALL previous Assassin's Creed games HAD a possibility to combine languages. And back then they was much cheeper.

So folowing your logic, by paying a game for my country's currency, I am paying only language-cutted version of the game.
But why it is language? Why just don't sell me exactly 1/3 of the game.

I am sorry, but can't i just get an attention of someone who's closer to Ubisoft?
Your answer is nonsense.

I am not some dodgy guy who bought RU/CIS version but living in US or Europe just to save some money. It's Russia if you didn't noticed yet.

i'm sorry but you asked and i answered how things go for the last 2-3 years for RU/CIS versions of all Ubisoft games not only this one, i don't make these decisions nor set the rules, i can understand your frustration as i'm a volunteer mod and don't work for Ubisoft so no need to get furious at me, if you find it nonsense then please file a complaint to Ubisoft Support, link is in my signature.

Alan4iTo
11-24-2015, 01:12 PM
YazX, I didn't wanted to offend you. All i'm saying, that politics from Ubisoft is nonsense, not your words personally :)

Also, i found a way to change a language of the game with changing just 1 file, but guess what?
When i did it, Uplay asked me to activate a key (2nd time lol) and that gotta be Worldwide key, not RU/CIS.

This is just stupid, considering that Syndicate don't have a multiplayer or anything as cause i should be punished for changing a file.
If i will not get an answer from them (i got a ticket at support) I guess there will be no choice, but to buy that Multilang-version.

In Watch Dogs, which is also RU-locked, I've changed a language that way and it was OK with it (and there was some kind of multiplayer).

I can see no logic in it.

It is all pretty sad...

P.S .Anykeyer and Ruphinoid thanks for support. A little glad that it is not just only I am with this complaint...

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 01:26 PM
I don't know how much you paid for Syndicate but in England it is 6505 roubles... if you paid much less because of the language I think that is very good because not all Russian people speak English and they can buy a game cheaper this way :)

Nephr0n
11-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't know how much you paid for Syndicate but in England it is 6505 roubles... if you paid much less because of the language I think that is very good because not all Russian people speak English and they can buy a game cheaper this way :)

WTF? Guess what, not all people in CIS region speak Russian.
These countries are forced to Russian language:

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Russian Federation
Source: https://steamdb.info/sub/85569/info/

In most of these countries Russian is not even the official language. On top of that, you are not even allowed to pay more to get the international version.

YazX_
11-24-2015, 01:40 PM
YazX, I didn't wanted to offend you. All i'm saying, that politics from Ubisoft is nonsense, not your words personally :)

Also, i found a way to change a language of the game with changing just 1 file, but guess what?
When i did it, Uplay asked me to activate a key (2nd time lol) and that gotta be Worldwide key, not RU/CIS.

This is just stupid, considering that Syndicate don't have a multiplayer or anything as cause i should be punished for changing a file.
If i will not get an answer from them (i got a ticket at support) I guess there will be no choice, but to buy that Multilang-version.

In Watch Dogs, which is also RU-locked, I've changed a language that way and it was OK with it (and there was some kind of multiplayer).

I can see no logic in it.

It is all pretty sad...

P.S .Anykeyer and Ruphinoid thanks for support. A little glad that it is not just only I am with this complaint...

np all good :) , however i had a chat with the community manager about this and he advised to contact Ubishop support since they can explain and they may able to help you further.

Thanks

Alan4iTo
11-24-2015, 02:22 PM
np all good :) , however i had a chat with the community manager about this and he advised to contact Ubishop support since they can explain and they may able to help you further.

Thanks

You mean English UbiSupport? Cause I don't think that Russian even capable xD
OK, I'll try again, thanks for understanding :)

Anykeyer
11-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Wat? Its Gold Edition price for EU/US. Its almost 4k for ru-only GE, I wouldnt call that "much less" for that horrible joke of a translation.
Also Im not talking about ripping poor russian-only speaking kids of their cheap toys. All I want is an easy way to get full price unrestricted version regardless of my current location. But so far Ubi made it harder and harder each year. As if they dont want my money anymore.

YazX_
11-24-2015, 03:44 PM
You mean English UbiSupport?

Yes the same link for Ubisoft Support in my signature.

Alan4iTo
11-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Wat? Its Gold Edition price for EU/US. Its almost 4k for ru-only GE, I wouldnt call that "much less" for that horrible joke of a translation.
Also Im not talking about ripping poor russian-only speaking kids of their cheap toys. All I want is an easy way to get full price unrestricted version regardless of my current location. But so far Ubi made it harder and harder each year. As if they dont want my money anymore.

And this localization doesn't even full -__\\\ . I can hear untranslated speech from NPC's more often then translated ones...

Alan4iTo
11-29-2015, 12:55 PM
5th day goes and still no answer from Support.
Nice...

YazX_
11-29-2015, 01:24 PM
5th day goes and still no answer from Support.
Nice...

Please PM Mr_Shade with your ticket number.

Frag_Maniac
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
I thought Yaz made it very clear why it's language locked and priced lower. Sounds like you were only concerned about price and got a very inexpensive key code on a site that maybe didn't explain it well or you didn't read the details thoroughly before buying.

There's no nonsense in the explanation or Ubi's offering such a big discount on a version that obviously has WAY less voice over work on it. As Strigoi said, not all people that speak Russian can speak English, so Ubi is doing them a favor to offer such a version. A LOT of us in the US would love to have an English only version locked to NA that's cheaper.

You've yet to even answer where you bought it or what the product description was.

BadWhippet
12-01-2015, 08:11 AM
This is becoming an increasingly-common practise among major publishers. It is designed to prevent people buying games from countries with much cheaper economies than their own, thereby skirting the full price they should have paid. Russian keys are a particular favourite to be singled out by shady key resellers and until now it hadn't mattered too much because it only took a little VPN jiggery-pokery to activate the game in a non-Russian country, then bingo! A game at less than half price!

To redress this, some publishers started to limit the language options in countries where the cost of living (and therefore the price of games) is much lower than average, Russia currently being one of those locales. That way, if a foreigner bought the game, it would be pretty much useless to them unless they happened to be bi-lingual. All very clever - EXCEPT it now penalises genuine buyers whose language is not their locale's native language. English-speaking citizens living abroad are in many cases finding themselves with games locked to the language of the country in which they live, with no option to access the English version. At least with AC Syndicate it is possible to buy an international version - but it will cost much more than an RU-only activation, which isn't terribly fair if you live in Russia, earning Russian wages. BTW I'm just using Russia as one example; there are other countries being impacted by this change too.

nuttex
12-27-2015, 01:53 PM
I thought Yaz made it very clear why it's language locked and priced lower. Sounds like you were only concerned about price and got a very inexpensive key code on a site that maybe didn't explain it well or you didn't read the details thoroughly before buying.

There's no nonsense in the explanation or Ubi's offering such a big discount on a version that obviously has WAY less voice over work on it. As Strigoi said, not all people that speak Russian can speak English, so Ubi is doing them a favor to offer such a version. A LOT of us in the US would love to have an English only version locked to NA that's cheaper.

You've yet to even answer where you bought it or what the product description was.

I'm not sure you understand the scope of the situation. We're talking about Russian customers who would otherwise not mind that much to pay the full price for a proper copy (i.e. the original English version), but can't one through any legal channel there is out there. I've read reports of people going of their way to buy a 50 keys for, say, Siege copies from the UK only to still get the Russian version upon redeeming the key in Uplay/Steam. If that's not bullsh*t, then I don't know what is. This entire language lock policy effectively forced me to ignore all Ubisoft releases starting with Watch Dogs (with the exception of Siege, which I got for free as per promo deal). I know 4 people who've done the exact same thing. I understand the need of enforcing region pricing, especially if one takes the rouble collapse into consideration.

As for your English only version in NA point, yeah, of course you would. The English versions are always the best ones out there (simply by the virtue of being original ones). Imagine if they weren't and their quality was substandard at best and "as if it were slapped together by a team of braindead monkeys with no prior concept of anything and also happened to be high on MDMA at the time" appalling. Now also consider what the others have stated above - Ubis genuinely seem to think that the Soviet Union is very much alive and kicking, and as such all CIS countries (the Commonwealth of Independent States, pretty much all post-Soviet states out there) are forced to play Russian versions of games. Imagine if they locked Texans to Spanish version merely because the state used to be part of Mexico at some point in 1820s.

I don't mind paying full price for the sans crap version. What I do mind is consumer unfriendly service and blatant disrespect. It is up to Ubisoft to choose whether to use such policies, sure, but it's also up to me whether I choose to buy their stuff. And for the past three years, they haven't given me any compelling reasons to do so aside from releasing RS: Siege. I've come to expect subpar quality of launch titles from the company, but to top that all off with terrible translation? That's a bit too much to ask to swallow.

The way I see it, they have two options: continue to do what they're doing and ignore their customers, many of whom continue to be loyal even now, or actually listen to them and offer something that would satisfy both sides - the international version with unlocked language options offered through most Internet distribution services at full price. Until then, I shall continue to vote with my wallet.