PDA

View Full Version : Some New Gameplay

MisterWillow
11-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Haven't seen this one around here. I think it might be my favourite piece of gameplay so far. Not only are there some pretty great fights, and a clear example of a feint (2:05), but there's a compelling little tug of war at the end, where the teams struggle to Break one another. It's also nearly 12 minutes long. From Pax Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEqTC382_U0

Edit: Here's another. It's entirely in Chinese, so I have no idea what's being said, but it shows a bit of customisation (which I hope is more robust in the final game) and the tutorial, which is neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwiXiHJkkvM

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Haven't seen this one around here. I think it might be my favourite piece of gameplay so far. Not only are there some pretty great fights, and a clear example of a feint (2:05), but there's a compelling little tug of war at the end, where the teams struggle to Break one another. It's also nearly 12 minutes long. From Pax Prime.

Can we take a moment to admire their work on the animations? They really shine in this gameplay. The amount of effort and work put into them must be ridiculous. Not many games find the perfect balance between well-crafted animations and gameplay fluidity.

I mean, even the little things from tumbling after a strike or leaping off a short cliff are just so wonderfully done.

Edit: Here's another. It's entirely in Chinese, so I have no idea what's being said, but it shows a bit of customisation (which I hope is more robust in the final game) and the tutorial, which is neat.

The tutorial mode really shows the potential FH has with its SP. With no other players, the devs opens up a huge rift of opportunities they can do. In the other thread, someone mentioned a better Ryse and you can see that possibility! The graphics and animations are absolutely amazing (seriously, look at those physics!), the gameplay is easy to pick up and play, it's rich, versatile and adaptive for good strong AIs. And the settings they chose are interesting as much as, if not more, than Ryse's Rome. They have the assets, so hopefully they put them to good use.

...Hehe, perhaps I should stop putting so much weight on the developers. :p

MisterWillow
11-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Can we take a moment to admire their work on the animations? They really shine in this gameplay. The amount of effort and work put into them must be ridiculous. Not many games find the perfect balance between well-crafted animations and gameplay fluidity.

I mean, even the little things from tumbling after a strike or leaping off a short cliff are just so wonderfully done.

Particularly when he's wading through the AI while fighting players. Everything looks fantastic.

If I had one criticism, though, it's that I think the Catapult Strike should kill the player that called it in if they're standing in the blast radius. It seems a bit stupid that you could call that in, rush in to keep the opponent(s) you're trying to hit occupied, get the kill(s) from the fireball, and walk away unharmed. :nonchalance:

The tutorial mode really shows the potential FH has with its SP. With no other players, the devs opens up a huge rift of opportunities they can do. In the other thread, someone mentioned a better Ryse and you can see that possibility! The graphics and animations are absolutely amazing (seriously, look at those physics!), the gameplay is easy to pick up and play, it's rich, versatile and adaptive for good strong AIs. And the settings they chose are interesting as much as, if not more, than Ryse's Rome. They have the assets, so hopefully they put them to good use.

Yep. The couple of AI 'players' he fought, even though quite stupid, seemed to be adequate enemies for new players. Imagine them at higher difficulties, though, and they could easily get very challenging.

Fatal-Feit
11-24-2015, 06:55 AM
If I had one criticism, though, it's that I think the Catapult Strike should kill the player that called it in if they're standing in the blast radius. It seems a bit stupid that you could call that in, rush in to keep the opponent(s) you're trying to hit occupied, get the kill(s) from the fireball, and walk away unharmed. :nonchalance:

Haha, that IS pretty ridiculous. Personally, I like it because I take advantage of it when I'm outnumbered. Calling it on yourself is an easy way to make the enemies skedaddle. :)

Yep. The couple of AI 'players' he fought, even though quite stupid, seemed to be adequate enemies for new players. Imagine them at higher difficulties, though, and they could easily get very challenging.

Exactly! The AOB system allows the devs to create very hard AI without being cheap and beefing up the health bar and stuff.

Arkmuth
11-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Oooooh, there is a tutorial :rolleyes: Nice!

Thanks for the vids.

MrJoker.
11-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Thanks mate. :cool:

premiumart
11-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Particularly when he's wading through the AI while fighting players. Everything looks fantastic.

LET ME BATHE IN FIRE AND THEIR BLOOD !

XD

Questioable in realism and strategy but also awesome.