PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicade can be played before the download ends?

Playingst0ned
11-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Thats the most lame thing ever, i've already downloaded 30 gigas and cant even play 3rd mission yet. Wtf ubisoft? did you do this just so you can make this hardly accurate statement? Also your downloader (uplay) JUST LOST 5 GIGAS of download because it ****ing sucks. Frist and last game i get there. STEAM FTW

YazX_
11-22-2015, 10:36 PM
Playing before the download ends mean you can START playing before you completely download the game NOT you can complete the whole game while its downloading because it doesn't make sense as how can you play a game or files needed to load a level dont exist yet. however, this means UPlay will download files in sequence so you can START playing without the need to wait for the whole game to download in order to launch it, once you reach a point where no files yet downloaded to start a mission/level, then you need to wait for these files to download.

Steam doesnt support progressive downloads and you need to wait for the whole game to finish downloading in order to play, so if you have it on steam then you are now still waiting for the game to download before being able to launch it.

Playingst0ned
11-22-2015, 11:06 PM
I meant they did souch a ridiculously poor job addind this feature to the game just to say its there. I mean CMON, at 75% i should at least be able to play more than 2% of the game.
World of warcraft did this 10000000x better.

Edit: Steam doesnt lose download data randomly like uplay, just by that its way better. OMG UPLAY IS SO ****TY I CANT GET OVER IT

strigoi1958
11-22-2015, 11:48 PM
I played for 9 hours after downloading and never started sequence 3... I was just collecting chests and doing viewpoints... there are things to do, but if you choose not to do them... fine. Wait until it is fully downloaded.

Playingst0ned
11-23-2015, 12:12 AM
That doesnt souds fun at all.

GhostAssassinLT
11-23-2015, 06:33 AM
To each their own, I guess.
If you don't like to wait for the game to finish downloading before you start playing it and your internet is slow, why don't you get it on DVD?

Playingst0ned
11-23-2015, 08:00 AM
THe problem is they state the game can be played while its still downloading but only TWO missions so far and im at 92%. Thats ****ing ridiculous lol (It was a really poor job and it could have been done much better like in wow). Im making a construtive critic no need to get all fanboy over it guys.

I can even picture it: - hey we should add this feature so people can play the game while its still download. *a few hours later*: - Im not in the mood for doing this anymore, lets just release this ****.

Btw, you want me to get the game again LasseThird? xD

GhostAssassinLT
11-23-2015, 11:38 AM
No, no need to get it again.
I was just curious why you purchase it as a download if your internet speed is so low your download isn't finished in the time you make it thru the two missions or why you didn't leave your computer on over night so the download would be finished by next morning.
I can download the entire game in about one hour, on the other hand my download speed is 11.5 MB/s (100Mbit connection) and I understand not everybody has the same speed.
Also I spend quite a lot of time chasing chests, illustrations, flowers and what not, so I'm still only in sequence 5 even though I spent most of the weekend playing. :p

strigoi1958
11-23-2015, 12:05 PM
I see... well WOW is a completely different game and I assume you cannot run from one side of the WOW map to the other in an hour.

Syndicate IS playable after a certain amount of downloading. I would imagine they put in some extra effort just for those of us who have bad internet speeds. This is an extra just for people like yourself... they don't have to make any of it playable at all.
It is so you can at least get a "feel" for the game while you wait. Personally I don't criticize anything that is free even if I don't want it.
You surely don't think games download all the data in the exact order you play it do you ? ;) and How would an open world game know exactly where each of us wants to go ? lol
Can you imagine if we both complete sequence 1 and you wanted to go to unlock Lambeth and I wanted to go to unlock the Thames ? and 500,000 other people downloading all have different choices ?

I get it... you're frustrated your internet is slow and you want to play Syndicate... I can sympathise with that, I've been waiting to play Syndicate for 6 months :D anyway I assume you have downloaded it now so enjoy.

YazX_
11-23-2015, 02:43 PM
THe problem is they state the game can be played while its still downloading but only TWO missions so far and im at 92%. Thats ****ing ridiculous lol (It was a really poor job and it could have been done much better like in wow). Im making a construtive critic no need to get all fanboy over it guys.

I can even picture it: - hey we should add this feature so people can play the game while its still download. *a few hours later*: - Im not in the mood for doing this anymore, lets just release this ****.

Btw, you want me to get the game again LasseThird? xD

Well i totally understand your point and its a valid one, but this feature has been implemented since last year so its not new and not the same way as you pictured it, i'm sure it will become better and better in future with the maturity of games engines and designs to conform with the progressive download requirements, but to be honest it's quite a neat feature nevertheless, thanks for your input and you can also post this feedback on UPlay board in this forums since its mainly about UPlay progressive download feature more than an AC related thread.

Anykeyer
11-24-2015, 09:45 AM
WOW has a lot of regions and more segmented. I still dont recommend playing Blizzard games before download is 100% finished because CASC file storage can become corrupted in the process. And you will have to download it all over again.
In Unity and Syndicate there are only 2 parts: prologue in small area and the rest of the game in which you can see the whole playable area at once from a viewpoint. You can play prologue after about 20% download, but anything past it requires 100%. If you can play prologue faster than you can download blame your crappy connection speed..