PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic!

IRancid
11-22-2015, 03:05 AM
I'm done with AC.

I've been a hardcore fan of the series since game 1. But you've lost me ubisoft. Unity was honestly one of the worst games I've ever played in terms of the engine, gameplay AND story. Rogue was terrible, boring, and a soulless copy of Black Flag but with snow. And now Syndicate. Big surprise - the game is ****. What is wrong with you guys? You've single-handedly ruined the most unique and cult-classic game series your company has ever invented without even so much as an apology or an explanation.

You're driving this franchise into the ground by lack of innovation, lack of listening to your players, lack of interest in creating a fun, engaging, intellctually-stimulating AC game like the originals. It now feels like a clunky arcade game made for console kids.

Just pathetic, and it's the last dollar you'll see out of me for a long time. RIP Assassin's Creed, you were fun while you lasted.

Good luck next year with the next AC game which you'll no doubt crap out and try to pass it off to gamers as polished gold. Shame on you Ubisoft, you used to be one of the best alternatives to soulless publishers like EA. Now you're becoming them.

Maybe it's time you guys took a break from pumping out mediocre AC games every year and actually focused your MASSIVE team on making a game that your fans actually enjoy and want to play. Just an idea.

PS. I mean no disrespect to the ubi team - I know you're trying hard to make a good game. But whoever designed and led development on the past few games has Michael Bay'd the AC series and that's just downright tragic. I miss the complex, engaging, fascinating game that AC used to be. Now it's just another god damned idiot-friendly Call of Duty franchise. Fast food gaming at its worst. Games that will not stand the test of time and will be looked back on as embarrassments for your company and for fans.

What's the deal ubisoft? Are you intentionally trying to sink the AC ship or are you just completely oblivious to what you're doing? Seriously - take a couple of years off, as long as you need, and make a GOOD assassin's creed game again. Or, you can release another crap one next year and watch the franchise plummet into the abyss of forgotten legends.

RVSage
11-22-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm done with AC.

I've been a hardcore fan of the series since game 1. But you've lost me ubisoft. Unity was honestly one of the worst games I've ever played in terms of the engine, gameplay AND story. Rogue was terrible, boring, and a soulless copy of Black Flag but with snow. And now Syndicate. Big surprise - the game is ****. What is wrong with you guys? You've single-handedly ruined the most unique and cult-classic game series your company has ever invented without even so much as an apology or an explanation.

You're driving this franchise into the ground by lack of innovation, lack of listening to your players, lack of interest in creating a fun, engaging, intellctually-stimulating AC game like the originals. It now feels like a clunky arcade game made for console kids.

Just pathetic, and it's the last dollar you'll see out of me for a long time. RIP Assassin's Creed, you were fun while you lasted.

Good luck next year with the next AC game which you'll no doubt crap out and try to pass it off to gamers as polished gold. Shame on you Ubisoft, you used to be one of the best alternatives to soulless publishers like EA. Now you're becoming them.

Maybe it's time you guys took a break from pumping out mediocre AC games every year and actually focused your MASSIVE team on making a game that your fans actually enjoy and want to play. Just an idea.

PS. I mean no disrespect to the ubi team - I know you're trying hard to make a good game. But whoever designed and led development on the past few games has Michael Bay'd the AC series and that's just downright tragic. I miss the complex, engaging, fascinating game that AC used to be. Now it's just another god damned idiot-friendly Call of Duty franchise. Fast food gaming at its worst. Games that will not stand the test of time and will be looked back on as embarrassments for your company and for fans.

What's the deal ubisoft? Are you intentionally trying to sink the AC ship or are you just completely oblivious to what you're doing? Seriously - take a couple of years off, as long as you need, and make a GOOD assassin's creed game again. Or, you can release another crap one next year and watch the franchise plummet into the abyss of forgotten legends.

Oh not again. Innovation?

What was ship battle in black flag, what was carriages, trains and train hideouts not innovation? were skill progression and gang progression and all the nice stuff in this game not innovation. If it does not cater your needs , dont play(it can never cater everyone's needs), dont come and throw words here. The game may not be the best AC, it is not bad. And all these games are made for a period of 3 years FYI. If you are fatigued take a break and comeback if you want. Just don't keep posting the same things again and again. I have heard enough complains, If you don't like it don't buy. Yes Unity was bad, But most agree Syndicate is a good game. And don;t compare COD here. COD will never have the variety of settings and mechanics AC has.

YazX_
11-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Ubisoft has too many studios around the world and they kick off every AC project 2-3 years before release, its not like this game gets released then they kick off a new one, its like this game got released, there is one already in development before 1-2 years and will be released in holiday 2016 most probably. so taking break or years off will not change how the next AC will be, and as a customer and i'm sure there are many like me want AC game every year because in each game there are tons of new things and changes.

However, in AC:Syndicate Ubisoft actually made tons of changes based on community feedback, this can be noticed in every aspect of the game, the combat system has been revamped since too many didn't like Unity's one, progression system and skills have been also revamped and works great, the skills make sense and unlocking them will not take too much time. those are just two examples of changes in ACS based on community feedback.

remember there are millions playing this game, so Ubisoft cannot make changes per player, they take the general feedback posted by all players and make changes based on it, and that's why you find a sticky thread in every AC board about feedback in this forum.

i'm sorry you feel this way about syndicate, i'm a hardcore fan since AC1 and i find Syndicate very fun, interesting, new stuff, ....... i'm not sure how many hours you played the game, but if you still in early stages, i would recommend you progress further as the game gets more fun and interesting, if you already finished the game then sorry that you feel this way about it.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-22-2015, 01:40 PM
However, in AC:Syndicate Ubisoft actually made tons of changes based on community feedback, this can be noticed in every aspect of the game, the combat system has been revamped since too many didn't like Unity's one, progression system and skills have been also revamped and works great, the skills make sense and unlocking them will not take too much time. those are just two examples of changes in ACS based on community feedback.

community feed back ?

where's multiple save option ?
where's the custom hood on and off option ?
where's the ambient soundtrack while free roaming like we used to have before ?
where's more of modern day ? little nothing in ACU and there's 6 mins of whole modern day in ACS and all cutscenes
why did ubisoft remove killing civilians/ petting animals ? ACU and ACS and even AC 4 felt so artificial when you can't even interact with anyone except guards
where is the cover to cover option like watch dogs ? and it tool them 8 years to give us a crouch button ?

if they made ACS with evie and jacob just because [comment removed] and SJW people yelled there was no female lead in ACU, then they're just taking the wrong kind of feed back.

just my opinion, no disrespect

strigoi1958
11-22-2015, 02:03 PM
you answered your first question with your last statement... there is community feedback, more than you know.

multiple saves are in the games that had multiple saves.
what custom hood option ? I'm sure the devs know some people will not understand that the game is finished and released and still want changes but how are the devs supposed to know exactly what they will ask for after it is finished, and also what about those who don't want a custom hood option ?
Ambient soundtrack was nice, I personally don't miss it but I wouldn't mind it if it had been included.
MD I think has limited appeal but it is very intense and important to those who like it and I support their wanting it back because all AC fans should get something they like.
Syndicate has changed things and change is good even when we don't see that. ACU was amazing and promised a lot and Syndicate has delivered it. ALL games have a budget and what would you like sacrificed in order to make everyone interactive ? make the game 80% shorter ? remove all missions, collectibles and only have low graphic capabilities ? but be able to interact with 1000 people who have absolutely nothing to do with the story ?
There are many things we each would like as a personal preference but the game is made for millions and neither mine nor your ideal AC game would be liked by everyone. :)

Mr_Shade
11-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Just a reminder @ Rohith_Kumar_Sp - keep it civil please..

x___Luffy___x
11-22-2015, 04:06 PM
So far IMO ACS is way better than Unity in optimization and combat. Unity had some of the worst sword fighting animations, buggy and laggy. I haven't played much far in story of ACS but so far i am loving it.
As far as the hood toggle option go, i wish they make it, i don't like the hat anyway. Having options is never a bad thing. If they would have given us the option choose to wear hat or hood or even nothing on head, fans would have been much happier and maybe it wont be much of a hassle still doing it.

YazX_
11-22-2015, 04:33 PM
community feed back ?

where's multiple save option ?
where's the custom hood on and off option ?
where's the ambient soundtrack while free roaming like we used to have before ?
where's more of modern day ? little nothing in ACU and there's 6 mins of whole modern day in ACS and all cutscenes
why did ubisoft remove killing civilians/ petting animals ? ACU and ACS and even AC 4 felt so artificial when you can't even interact with anyone except guards
where is the cover to cover option like watch dogs ? and it tool them 8 years to give us a crouch button ?

if they made ACS with evie and jacob just because [comment removed] and SJW people yelled there was no female lead in ACU, then they're just taking the wrong kind of feed back.

just my opinion, no disrespect

as PERSONAL OPINION, i cannot answer you on all of these questions because i don't work in AC team(s), you have to understand that there are too many factors involved when making changes, you posted what you would like to see, but those things might not fall into the community liking, i for once will not like to have cover to cover option like watch dogs because to me it doesn't fit nor its needed, while you and others might feel the opposite, so as an example, lets say 60% casted their opinion of not having cover to cover, then this might not make it to the final game.

Kill civilians and animals, they removed it due to many complaints in previous ACs that you kill civilians instead of killing targets, you still can kill civilians by ranged weapons and for me this is one of the best things that Ubisoft made, i cannot count how many times i killed civilians in AC2 and later titles while aiming for targets.

Multiple Saves slots, i don't have any theory on that, but i believe the decision of not supporting it could be business wise more than technical, i could be wrong, so i'm not gonna speculate.

Toggling hood, the game is still new and it just has been released on PC, there are alot of other more important issues to address and fix, do you think this has more priority than game issues and groundbreaking ones? , however, we still don't know if this will be implemented or not, its too soon to judge, in AC3, the community requested to have the hood back when finishing the story, thus it was implemented, so please don't be too soon to judge things, its still very early to do so.

Ambient Sound Track, good point and i want that too to be honest, i have no answer for this and hope it will be brought back in future patches.

Modern Day, well each AC story has its own elements and characterization, this is for story writers to answer not me because i have no answer for this, but maybe there is something huge about modern story that Ubisoft is not revealing and will be coming in next games? who knows? and this is what makes AC great, the mysterious elements in this franchise is just amazing.

Remember, each AC project kicks off years before a game gets released, so when you post feedback, some changes make it to the next AC, other changes might be postponed to the next iterations.

And i just want to stress one point, you want, i want, that player wants,..... it doesn't work like this, what you and i want might not be what the whole community want in general, so things will get changed based on the vast majority of feedback.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-22-2015, 10:40 PM
catering to the new audience while loosing the interest of the original fans, i really miss the modern day interaction. missing the ambients soundtracks, and the fact i cant even play the game twice, i tried replaying sequences in ACU, it skips the starting intro for most of the mission. the cover system in ACU was broken, couldn't get the guards come near hidden spots and even if you threw fire crackers , they'd stand 5 feet away from the cracker. and god help getting those ledge assassinations, its like they had eagle vision.

// ACU rant , couldnt make this comment as i couldnt login to ubiform last year. i made this comment on a FB post in 2014.

1) the game has an excellent scope , paris is beautiful.

2) parkour system changes were good but defiantly has some has changes that needs to be especially parkour down

3) cover and stealth system from watch dogs was nice but the stealth mode hardly worked and switch corner was missing, and there was no change cover to "this" position missing

4) and i am 100% certain you will here this from all the people who have played the game say , i paid full price for the game to immerse myself in the game and locking chests and forcing me to play an companion app that asks me to play a mission that range from 2- 24 hrs is a pain and needs to go away , this one is a must. i play initiates before it recently got updated, and i am stuck because i cant progress and all the chest cant be opened .

5) asking me to buy premium boosts to unlock uplay rewards that can only be bought by helix credits and which can only be bought by real life money is not the right way to make an alternate revenue , if the game allowed me to buy the boots by in game currency but at higher price and allowed me to complete that achievement would have been nice , but as of now i have to buy helix credits to complete the achievement , and the buying methods don't work in India , so i can't buy them anyway , locked my experience

6) There's no option for me to make 3 profiles in one game as before, if i wanted to start a game over in a new save to make my assassin a different type like stealth or ranged is not possible , and there is no option to delete me save to start a new , all i can do is play only one game, why ? i could have created 3 saves in all previous AC games, why would you guyz remove this options ?

7) Co- Op is fun

8) Day and night cycle need to return , if you want me to play at a certain time to see the beauty of a city just allow us to set a time and continue like watch dogs , where you can go to sleep adn wake at certain time , but let there be an day/night cycle rather than stuck at 1 time , i never play at night/dawn

9) Ambient Music while free roaming - this one is needs to be , the music makes the game more memorable , from AC2's Venice to AC 4's open sea, the music kept me going , sadly this problem was present in AC 3 as well where there was no ambient music while free roaming

10) The game is really good , i hope the scale of pairs scope continues in the series , perhaps less crowd and more life like NPC's would be nice

also minor things like you can't pet animals , can't interact with crowds , cant even punch them by accident makes it feels like you are the only thing alive etc etc

kriss3d
11-22-2015, 11:24 PM
I must say I do like the Syndicate.

My biggest letdown was AC3 where it wasnt even about the assassins creed at all.
It was merely a game about the american independence war.

The Syndicate is pretty great. I like the story and even the switch though i dont want it to become a steady part of the franchise.
However I really would wish they would bring back the present time story. UbiSoft really killed that part with killing Desmond. First they tried making you do a few tasks as a no-face guy. I hated that. Not hated having to do present time things as its what binds the entire animus story. However the more recent where you dont even leave the animus but just see a few cutscenes is starting to get pathetic. Its getting less and less about the fighting abstergo. Its losing the entire background story very fast.

Please bring back the initiate as an actual person.

On a personal note I miss building up the city. I get it that youre not in the assassins order in Syndicate but just a big gangleader who happens to - aparently, be an assassin from the order. It would have been nice to get alot more background on that. Building the order up like it was in the previous games prior to AC3 was great. It felt like acomplishing something for the order.

LikeICarehah
11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
can easy prove that Ubisoft doesnt care about customers.. how many times they told they taking PC gamers seriously? google it. every year same routine with this statement from heads of Ubisoft.. and what do we get? ports.. and not good ports.. and dont tell me that its impossible to release a game without Day1 patch.. cause somehow i remember games released before let say 2010y without any day1 patches etc and much more less bugs. but hey lets go back to Customer feedback..

whats most important feature that "MUST BE" in modern games that heavy relate on multiplayer (stay online) ? of course its protection against cheaters.. when The Crew was released people were able to hack it with simple Cheat Engine 1st day it was released... many people send tons of tickets to Ubisoft asking wth? and started a routine of posts from Community Managers with a line - we working on it it will be fixed soon.. now.. almost a year passed.. Ubisoft released Expansion for the Crew called Wild Run.. do you think there is Anti Cheat protection? hah NO. and all those who making hacks for this game already updated their for a new version of the game..

conclusion
Customer Feedback + Ubisoft = game after a year after release doesnt have protection

richcop155
11-23-2015, 02:20 PM
I love this game! Oh wait I cant get past the ACS.exe. crash. lol just a little fun. I'm patiently waiting for support to figure out my problem. I hope.