PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get ACI or ACIII For The Holidays?

TheRealGunnut19
11-22-2015, 03:04 AM
So, as per financial difficulties, I have a limited quota to fill for my Christmas wishlist this here: (Yeah, I get a wishlist. I'm 16...shut up :p)

Something I can wear
Something I can read
Something I can watch/play (IE games)
Something I want
Something I need

Each category's limited to $15 USD after tax.

So, as per filling the quota, I was browsing Amazon, and currently the first AC and ACIII are below the price limit for this year.

Which should I ask for?

GhostAssassinLT
11-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Last year the had a christmas sale where you could get older games at a 90% discount if you visited the UBI shop on the correct day. If you're lucky you might get them both if they have a same sale this year. :cool:

Hi Gunnut19.
If you open Uplay and go to the shop you will see that they have a Black Friday sale. If you scroll down to category f. Assassin's Creed you will find both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed III for sale at about 6-7 USD each. In other words you can get them both for less than $15. :cool:

bclarg
11-27-2015, 12:04 AM
While it's true that you can get AC I & II for under $10, they are old technology. You may be disappointed in them (though they are part of the AC story line). AC II has got great game play, gorgeous scenery and cities and pretty good fight play. AC III uses a different game engine than Unity and Syndicate. I still like AC III best for the fighting engine.

TheRealGunnut19
11-28-2015, 12:39 AM
While it's true that you can get AC I & II for under $10, they are old technology. You may be disappointed in them (though they are part of the AC story line). AC II has got great game play, gorgeous scenery and cities and pretty good fight play. AC III uses a different game engine than Unity and Syndicate. I still like AC III best for the fighting engine.

Yeah, I've played II and liked it a lot, and I've heard all the great things about III's combat. In terms of gameplay, it's probably my first choice of the two I present as options here. Though if ACI is anything worthwhile in terms of story I may very well go for it in addition.

That said, I also hear a lot about how much better IV is than III, which complicates the issue further.

bclarg
11-29-2015, 06:55 AM
Choosing between AC III and AC IV can be difficult. In AC III, Conner truly is a Master Assassin. There isn't anybody's butt that he can't beat. Weapons change easily. Fight scenes are fluid. AC IV has better ocean mechanics making it easier to blow other ships out of the water. Some of the islands are beautiful. I'm already booking my next vacation! Can't go wrong either way. AC II can be picked up dirt cheap though.

TheRealGunnut19
11-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Again, I have actually beaten II ~four or five times. :p

Also, It's down to III fr me. I'm much less well equipped to run IV than I'd thought. Guess Ubi figured out how to use AnvilNext a lot better after III (And forgot before Unity :p)