PDA

View Full Version : Non-lethal kills?

Lisaw1993
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Is there a way to perform non-lethal takedowns in Syndicate? I know about the stealth choking, but is there no way not to kill the enemies in open combat? In Unity you could either leave them when they were in near death or you could use non-lethal weapons.
Is there no way to smack them with the cane sword instead of cutting their throats? Or beating them up with the brass knuckles without killing them afterwards?

YazX_
11-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Hello,

i don't think its possible, the game has just been released for PC and from my time playing it i couldn't find a way to do that.

However, i could be wrong, so i will move this thread to AC Hints & Tips board

Lisaw1993
11-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Hello,

i don't think its possible, the game has just been released for PC and from my time playing it i couldn't find a way to do that.

However, i could be wrong, so i will move so thread to AC Hints & Tips board

Thanks, do you happen to know what the lethality stat is then? I thought that having no lethality would mean that I would not kill the enemies with the weapons. Turns out I'm wrong

YazX_
11-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Thanks, do you happen to know what the lethality stat is then? I thought that having no lethality would mean that I would not kill the enemies with the weapons. Turns out I'm wrong

me personally never cared about it, my play style is like kill everything you see since AC1, so its like 8 years now killing everyone :D , but perhaps someone from the community could shed some light on this.

gori85
11-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Ok I need to get this out of my system first - there is no such thing as a "non-lethal kill" - if it is non-lethal it is not a kill, if it's a kill it is not non-lethal.

Anyway there is a way to knock out enemies:

You can kidnapp someone ( by pressing circle on PS controller - don't know what button that is for keyboard users ) and then hold circle to knock them out;

Or you can just hold circle ( insert correct keyboard shortcut ) to knock them out - I think those are only working as long as you are not in combat - once weapons are drawn it's always going to end badly for one of the combatants.

To clarify "lethality":

Lethality decreases the minimun requirement for a finisher - or to be precise - it lowers the threshold for an enemy to be considered "near death"

With a high lethality rating you can execute a target with more health - this is so confusing to explain - I hope you get what I am saying

Lisaw1993
11-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Ok I need to get this out of my system first - there is no such thing as a "non-lethal kill" - if it is non-lethal it is not a kill, if it's a kill it is not non-lethal.

Anyway there is a way to knock out enemies:

You can kidnapp someone ( by pressing circle on PS controller - don't know what button that is for keyboard users ) and then hold circle to knock them out;

Or you can just hold circle ( insert correct keyboard shortcut ) to knock them out - I think those are only working as long as you are not in combat - once weapons are drawn it's always going to end badly for one of the combatants.

To clarify "lethality":

Lethality decreases the minimun requirement for a finisher - or to be precise - it lowers the threshold for an enemy to be considered "near death"

With a high lethality rating you can execute a target with more health - this is so confusing to explain - I hope you get what I am saying

As to why I used takedown, forgot to change in the title. And as I said you can only stealth knock out, you cannot do it in combat which I find annoying. Every AC had it so far, they removed moving bodies in unity and added it back in Syndicate. But why did they remove non-lethal take downs? Surely they could have used animations from the fight club or took the time to make 1 or 2 animations.

And I understand about lethality,thank you

Lisaw1993
12-03-2015, 10:52 PM
From my experience playing the game I finally found one way to do said non-lethal takedowns - when in combat (I used brass knuckles, not sure about the other weapons) you leave the enemies in near death stance and then you press space. Apart from the times where he breaks an arm or hits their head in the ground the takedowns seem pretty non-lethal, the enemies don't hold their stomachs in pain like when you stealth knockout them, but they seem pretty non-dead as a few hits wouldn't kill a normal person (I just feel bad killing all those innocent guards, they don't deserve their fate!)