PDA

View Full Version : [PC] poor performance, fps drops (35-60)

sevenOakz
11-21-2015, 10:55 AM
i'm playing acs with following setup:
i7 3770
16 gb ram
msi r9 390, 8gb ram
win 10 64-bit
latest amd beta driver 15.11.1 (clean install using ddu)

started playing with the suggested graphic settings. 60 fps seems to be stable only sometimes, but when moving around and especially having lots of npc around the framerate drops below 50, and sometimes also below 40. so i lowered graphics to the following to be able to play between 50 and 60 fps. but sometimes drops occur again, also in cutscenes.

https://picload.org/infonail/piggwop/assassinscreedsyndicate2015-11.jpg

full pic: https://picload.org/image/piggwop/assassinscreedsyndicate2015-11.jpg

any others facing this or something similar?
or some tips/advices? i just want to see if someone else with a similar pc-setup facing this

YazX_
11-21-2015, 11:04 AM
AMD is yet to release optimized drivers for ACS, i have seen similar reports on performance on AMD cards, please make sure to report it to AMD and Ubisoft Support (link is in my signature).

sevenOakz
11-21-2015, 02:46 PM
thx yazx_ for your fast reply. i hope it'll get fixed during one of the next updates. i've also created a feedback ticket on ubi support, as you mentioned.

what i just figured out was if it's getting dark (clouds, rain) or night the game runs perfectly fine and stable at 60 fps. but if the sun comes out fps suddenly starts to wobble. maybe there's something wrong with the (sun) lightning.

YazX_
11-21-2015, 08:37 PM
thx yazx_ for your fast reply. i hope it'll get fixed during one of the next updates. i've also created a feedback ticket on ubi support, as you mentioned.

what i just figured out was if it's getting dark (clouds, rain) or night the game runs perfectly fine and stable at 60 fps. but if the sun comes out fps suddenly starts to wobble. maybe there's something wrong with the (sun) lightning.

yah it seems the lighting system is tanking FPS on AMD cards, i expect with AMD optimized drivers for ACS and game patches things will be fixed, it just needs alittle patience as the game has just been released, so please give alittle bit more time.

sevenOakz
11-22-2015, 09:47 AM
ok, get it. i'll wait for a fix. so far i can play with reduced grafic settings between 45-60 fps.