PDA

View Full Version : AI Pilots

von_Rihker
01-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Im having trouble with the regularity of the AI pilots either crashing into me, or each other, or the ground. This may be a common fault, i dont know. Can anyone offer advice on how to counter this (if there is a way).

Thanx

von_Rihker
01-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Im having trouble with the regularity of the AI pilots either crashing into me, or each other, or the ground. This may be a common fault, i dont know. Can anyone offer advice on how to counter this (if there is a way).

Thanx

arcadeace
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I have just a couple of suggestions. Pick the lowest rank when you start a campaign, it might help you adjust better as it evolves. You'll be placed at the last spot on the runway and you won't have wing men following you, it will be your job to follow them.

Your realism settings may affect the AI performance, I'm not sure. I have mine set pretty high and my AI rarely have such problems.

In the add-on, supposedly the AI will be improved. Hopefully formations won't be as tight and they won't fly into one another as easily, but remember crashes happened in the war.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_222_1073167449.jpg

SeaFireLIV
01-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes. when I fly I don`t have many problems with my wingmen. But then I am always aware of them (I often fly as lead). So when I`m flying as echelon right usually I`m always careful NEVER to make sudden sharp moves at waypoints, I always take them gently.

Also, the `noob` AI, new recruits fresh from flight school are terrible in even mild formation moves. I have watched them closely. So if I have new flyers I always space them out with`Open formation` at least twice, then all`s ok. The more experienced AI pilot`s are much better at avoiding collisions and I will sometimes not bother to space them out.

But some collisons do not bother me as much as others. And it never seems so much as to become fixated by it, as some have.

And, as Arcadeace mentioned, it happened quite a lot in reality.