PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone experiencing the CPU issue?

Nedkic
11-21-2015, 03:38 AM
My spec:
4790k 4.4ghz
g1 gaming 970 OC 1440mhz
8gb ram

It should run fine on my PC 1080p 60fps at medium-high setting....driver latest, game patch latest
me setting are preset high....no any Nvidia gamework turned on

However in London, the CPU usage is ****
it hits like 90% when in populated area and my fps drops to 52-53 which is not acceptable
I ve never seen a game using my 4790k CPU at 90%
Its clearly not a GPU bounded problem as my GPU usage is always under 80%

Is anyone having this problem as well? :(

Nedkic
11-22-2015, 05:25 AM
Bump please help

Going4Quests
11-22-2015, 04:23 PM
I think you might have an issue with your hardware. I got an i7 4770 with a GTX 970 and I can run the game on 1080p with 60 fps on the very high-ultra high settings.

Could you check your hardware to see if theres dust? This might be a potential issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOaIJ82gFM

If that one isnt clear you can find countless of other vids.

YazX_
11-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Please no threads bumping as its against forum rules.

Back on topic, there is something running along with the game which consumes your CPU, you need to monitor your CPU usage by all running applications and see what application is making your CPU busy while playing, i have 3770k and it barely hits 50%, scaling and multi-threading across all cores work great and no issues there.

Thanks

Nedkic
11-22-2015, 05:51 PM
my PC is only 3 month old and i dont think it has dust....
have used cinebench my CPU scores around 840.....
how can i further check my CPU?
witcher 3 and gta 5 runs pretty well too...only this game

YazX_
11-22-2015, 05:59 PM
my PC is only 3 month old and i dont think it has dust....
have used cinebench my CPU scores around 840.....
how can i further check my CPU?
witcher 3 and gta 5 runs pretty well too...only this game

you need to check TaskManager periodically and sort by CPU usage, also your CPU might be throttling due to temps thus it downclocks itself to avoid damage, so you need a program like Prime95 or Aida64 to do stress testing for at least 8 hours straight while monitoring temps and frequency of your CPU to see if it's stable or has heat issues.

if you are using the stock intel cooler, then throw it and get another one since intel cooler is just basic and very subpar, you can get decent coolers for about 30$ like cooler master Hyper Evo.

Nedkic
11-22-2015, 06:45 PM
you need to check TaskManager periodically and sort by CPU usage, also your CPU might be throttling due to temps thus it downclocks itself to avoid damage, so you need a program like Prime95 or Aida64 to do stress testing for at least 8 hours straight while monitoring temps and frequency of your CPU to see if it's stable or has heat issues.

if you are using the stock intel cooler, then throw it and get another one since intel cooler is just basic and very subpar, you can get decent coolers for about 30$ like cooler master Hyper Evo.

ill try monitor it thanks!
I dont have anything running in background while gaming, not even chrome
Im using the CM 212x and my CPU never exceeds 65 degree celcius.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0rsT0hauo
this video said this game run like **** on i5.....

thanks for helping anyways ill see if theres anything i could do

YazX_
11-22-2015, 10:50 PM
ill try monitor it thanks!
I dont have anything running in background while gaming, not even chrome
Im using the CM 212x and my CPU never exceeds 65 degree celcius.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0rsT0hauo

thanks for helping anyways ill see if theres anything i could do

well i don't know about this guy but there are far too many people having i5 than i7 and i haven't seen any complaints on CPU bottlenecking, on another matter, you have i7 and should be plenty for this game.

strigoi1958
11-23-2015, 12:01 AM
In that video the guy is maxing or even exceeding his vram... he also says what we already know about Nvidia gamework settings crushing performance and he's using a resolution that isn't offered even though it does default to that resolution. So it is not an average gamer video :( but he does emphasise how beautiful the game is :)

I've tried it on a i5 3570k with a gtx 970 and it is identical to my current skylake 980ti system appearance and performance...

I v-sync everything. and anything above 30 FPS is very acceptable to me. :)

DaGengster
11-23-2015, 04:32 AM
Depends on what what you call ****.
Running on a i5 4690k and getting average 50fps on maxed out everything + nivida stuff.
But tbh, I really dont notice a difference between 40 and 60 fps so for me, anything above 30 is good enough lol