PDA

View Full Version : 'Friendly Competition' Mission's Side Objective is Glitched

VolumeRX
11-21-2015, 02:10 AM
The side objective is to Save Ms. Attaway's Omnibus driver.

As i've seen on YouTube videos, it's take quite a while for the driver to be killed, but for me, it's instantaneous, literally no more than 3 seconds and the driver dies, I cannot complete the mission on 100% then and it's pisses me off.

I tried doing other missions, restarting the computer and more, didn't help.

UbiSmarmy
11-21-2015, 02:16 AM
The side objective is to Save Ms. Attaway's Omnibus driver.

As i've seen on YouTube videos, it's take quite a while for the driver to be killed, but for me, it's instantaneous, literally no more than 3 seconds and the driver dies, I cannot complete the mission on 100% then and it's pisses me off.

I tried doing other missions, restarting the computer and more, didn't help.

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with this mission. First of all I'd suggest verifying your game files, you can do this in Uplay by clicking on the arrow next to the Play button for the game, you can do this in Steam by right clicking the game from the Game Library. If this doesn't resolve the issue please contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/index) as they may know what to do to get the mission completed.

sheby1911
11-21-2015, 02:35 AM
Same problem here. After a while I just let it go. I guess I'll be trying after completing the story...

VolumeRX
11-21-2015, 03:14 AM
Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with this mission. First of all I'd suggest verifying your game files, you can do this in Uplay by clicking on the arrow next to the Play button for the game, you can do this in Steam by right clicking the game from the Game Library. If this doesn't resolve the issue please contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/index) as they may know what to do to get the mission completed.
Thank you mate, I'll try, though i think this is something related to what the game does with the save and mission, not some files of the game.
And I have already contacted Ubisoft Support.

Same problem here. After a while I just let it go. I guess I'll be trying after completing the story...
I find something relieving that I'm not the only one with the issue. I was certain I was, because I've watched someone else's playthrough of the mission on PC, and it doesn't happen to him.

DarkDragonAC
11-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Same here, especially in checkpoint. Once I managed to get a bit farther (maybe because I had bought upgrade "Bad Powder I").

RVSage
11-21-2015, 11:35 AM
I did it, change the route , take right before the bridge, and go around the parallel bridge, that is how I finished the side objective (I guess you are meant to redo it)
http://i.imgur.com/woHBhYj.jpg

VolumeRX
11-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Same here, especially in checkpoint. Once I managed to get a bit farther (maybe because I had bought upgrade "Bad Powder I").
But still couldn't? :\

I did it, change the route , take right before the bridge, and go around the parallel bridge, that is how I finished the side objective (I guess you are meant to redo it)
Dude, i was thinking about this thing but then i opened the map and i thought that they were forcing me to go through this route.
Now I'll definitely try it out and let you know.

VolumeRX
11-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Ok, I managed to do that successfully, still the Side Objective at least on PC, is glitched and should be fixed to be on par with the consoles in terms of how long it take for the driver to die.

I've done it with the way I first thought that would work, instead of keeping on the route it tells you, go to the bridge to the right, but i thought that the game fixed this route so i didn't do it, up until 'RVSage' said here that he's done it the way i thought, and he showed proof.

If someone wants a tutorial, please do tell.

madgooner2810
11-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Ok, I managed to do that successfully, still the Side Objective at least on PC, is glitched and should be fixed to be on par with the consoles in terms of how long it take for the driver to die.

I've done it with the way I first thought that would work, instead of keeping on the route it tells you, go to the bridge to the right, but i thought that the game fixed this route so i didn't do it, up until 'RVSage' said here that he's done it the way i thought, and he showed proof.

If someone wants a tutorial, please do tell.

Tutorial would be great!

RVSage
11-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Tutorial would be great!

Will be up in an hour , I will post it

RVSage
11-22-2015, 11:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aST1vRoso5k&feature=youtu.be

This is how I cleared it :cool:, I am 100% on main story, moving towards game 100%

VolumeRX
11-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Tutorial would be great!
Sorry I I'm late about the reply, thought no one cared anymore because there weren't any replies, i should've check back a few more times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aST1vRoso5k&feature=youtu.be

This is how I cleared it :cool:, I am 100% on main story, moving towards game 100%
This is what I've done, it's all thanks to you that I've actually tried that, because I thought about it and going behind the carriages spawn by going through a different route, but i was pretty sure that the game forces you to go with a specific route.
If it weren't you, I'd've considered actually trying this only after about 30 more tries hahaha!!!

NeverwinterMoon
11-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I am reporting that I was having the same issue in PC version of Syndicate - secondary objective (to "Save Ms. Ottawa's omnibus driver from his pursuer") would fail almost immediately after it would appear. I can also confirm that this wasn't an issue in PS4 version - I have played it and was able to complete the objective on first try.

Thanks to the video solution above, I was able to get 100% on that mission. I am very glad that there was a work-around for the problem but the original issue still requires attention.

Javsp
11-30-2015, 06:53 AM
OMG. I tried this seconday objective several times. I was not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was a bug.So, as Ubisoft is behind this game. I suspected it was a bug and I came to this forum. So thank you guys for discover this 'solution'. It worked. And you Ubisoft... nevermind. I prefer not to write here about what I think about this company.

GhostAssassinLT
11-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Are you sure it is a bug?
Have you considered that perhaps Ubisoft intended for you to go that way and not the obvious one you were taking?

Javsp
11-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Are you sure it is a bug?
Have you considered that perhaps Ubisoft intended for you to go that way and not the obvious one you were taking?
Yeah man, sure...

Ubisoft thought: "As PC users are smarter than console users let's make this mission tricky only for them".

Please...

SamuriPizzaCat
01-24-2016, 01:48 PM
I play on a PS4 and this is an issue. The driver dies 3 seconds after I restart the checkpoint and there's no way of getting close to doing anything but I'll try the alternative route. Thanks