PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Syndicate Poorly optimized for AMD Radeon Cards

Yaseen0147
11-20-2015, 08:55 PM
My Graphics card is a PowerColor Radeon R9280X OC(3GB) by the way this card is a recommended card on the system requirements in terms of a AMD Card .
My CPU: I5 4690@3.50GHZ
Ram:16 GB Corsair Vengeance @1600MHZ

Yet i don't expect a a wonderful experience with this game but even on medium the game is sluggish and stutters occasionally,I've downloaded the latest update through Uplay as well. This game is not clearly not optimized or even stable well enough on AMD Cards . Metal Gear Solid V:TPP is an example of how games should be optimized

I actually dont think the game testers full proof tested AMD card ,there focus was on making this game fluent and efficient on Nvida Cards. I know Nvdia is the better brand and offers more features such as Gameworks but i still feel abit more time could've been spent on tweaking AMD Cards

YazX_
11-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Hello,

Driver optimization is the responsibility of chipset vendor, Nvidia works closely with Ubisoft as they have partnership since a while now, thus the game works better on Nvidia cards, similar situations are found with developers/publishers having partnership with AMD like EA and Crystal Dynamics , i remember when TR 2013 got released, it worked flawlessly on AMD cards and Nvidia cards suffered until an optimized driver got released, same thing happened with Thief and i can list more.

if i want to give my honest opinion about this thing, AMD started it by offering free games bundles and partnering with game developers/publishers to get early access to games and optimize drivers for it upon release, so naturally Nvidia followed the same path and here we are today, Nvidia released a GameReady driver and AMD yet to work on one and release it.

Yaseen0147
11-20-2015, 10:15 PM
okay so do you think that this game will be more stable on AMD in due course following vendor chipset updates?do you mean as in beta updates from AMD?What other advice could you offer AMD users playing Assassins Creed Syndicate?

YazX_
11-20-2015, 10:25 PM
okay so do you think that this game will be more stable on AMD in due course following vendor chipset updates?do you mean as in beta updates from AMD?What other advice could you offer AMD users playing Assassins Creed Syndicate?

Yes it will get better when AMD releases their next driver which will include ACS game optimization, also don't think that Nvidia has the most optimized driver yet for this game, in ACU, Nvidia released a driver after 1-2 months of its release and i gained around 10 FPS.

My advise to AMD users, turn off all Nvidia Gameworks stuff (HBAO+ and PCSS) , PCSS also brings 980Ti to its knees so its not just AMD, for stuttering, install the game on SSD if you have one which can pretty much speed up loading times and textures streaming, for AA, set it to FXAA (i'm on Nvidia and i use FXAA).

RVSage
11-20-2015, 10:38 PM
As Yaz said, even I prefer FXAA on my NVIDIA GTX970 because of rock solid 60, TXAA may look good , but it can tank FPS. And PCSS is the worst of the lot. I did not use it IN unity , I am not using it in Syndicate.

Try this setting
Very high/high - Environment
high texture
high shadow
FXAA
SSAO

This seems to be the sweet spot for Most AMD cards, it is maxing out without gameworks,