PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Multiplayer Games

Hangster_96
11-20-2015, 07:41 PM
I have played many of Ubisoft game that come with Multiplayer, and tbh Ubisoft Multiplayer just isn't the biggest.

I have play Assassins' Creed, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, etc
and there just isn't or enough players to ever play a match or a game mode you want.

My reason to why Ubi Multiplayer game aren't very popular is because:

1. Multiplayer games LOAD way too long just for a match to begin or in search of players
2. Limited mode in AC (wth is Limited mode? why does it even exist?)
3. There only 1 or 2 specific mode that players would play in the game. The rest are wasted
4. Ubi have lot of problem with Players' Connection, even if all player connection are good/moderate.....it completely deny the players to play together
5. Co-op, it only fun if you play with none troll or player who actually know what there doing
example: AC Unity, you can't even progress in the co-op story if just "ONE PLAYER" troll and won't step into the whatever it call, checkpoint? idk. I encounter that many time in lots of Ubi co-op games

So what can we expect from this game "For Honor"

Hopefully the Multiplayer game isn't loading forever (that one thing Ubi need to improve. Is faster loading for Multiplayer game) Maybe too much FPS? Is that why it loading quite long? Especially for Splinter Cell BlackList, it sure did load very long for both single and multiplayers mode

SquadCityTyler
11-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Hi there, I've just recently had the pleasure of visiting their booth at MIGS 2015, and I'll try to address some of the things you've brought up.

The playerbase is all dependant on multiple things, that's the one thing I'm unsure of, it's deserving of a very large multiplayer base, but these things- at least from my position aren't clearly predictable.

The multiplayer itself is spectacular, I can't address connection because I'm fairly certain it was a LAN connection, so of course it'd go without hiccups. The build we played was the same as the one shown at E3 apparently, so that's that.

Rendering the map (loading) and other stuff is fast enough for my liking. During our time they had actual countdowns until the match which were generally 80 seconds, and I am somewhat sure that was just for the sake of the tournament, preparation etc added in.

Overall, I feel For Honor is innovative in that it seems to (as of current) really emphasize the multiplayer aspects whereas the rest of Ubisofts games (overall, not just Ubi Montreal) lean more towards the campaign. This game will have a campaign fyi.

I hope this has helped, don't fret, as long as there are players it'll be a blast, the actual multiplayer itself is amazing, in total I got in 13 matches (give or take a couple).

DraxeI
11-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I have played many of Ubisoft game that come with Multiplayer, and tbh Ubisoft Multiplayer just isn't the biggest.

This "issue" derives mostly from the fact that Ubisoft games have generally been single-player games first, with the multiplayer being less prioritized.

For Honor along with Rainbow Six: Siege & The Division will be some of the first games from Ubisoft that has multiplayer prioritized over single-player.
And from what we've seen from For Honor, the multiplayer is thoroughly a fantastic experience.

We all know how solid the single-player component of Ubisoft games are, so I at least am excited to see those skills being put into the multiplayer instead.

Dead1y-Derri
11-22-2015, 08:43 PM
This "issue" derives mostly from the fact that Ubisoft games have generally been single-player games first, with the multiplayer being less prioritized.

For Honor along with Rainbow Six: Siege & The Division will be some of the first games from Ubisoft that has multiplayer prioritized over single-player.
And from what we've seen from For Honor, the multiplayer is thoroughly a fantastic experience.

We all know how solid the single-player component of Ubisoft games are, so I at least am excited to see those skills being put into the multiplayer instead.

I'll play devils advocate here and say that's not necessarily true. I mean AC MP wasn't exactly an 'after thought' considering how in depth it was. Same with other games like Far Cry 2 and 3. 4 was an after thought, at least in my opinion. Splinter Cell was always planned.

They do build amazing single player games but I have to admit, MP games, always seem to have tech issues. I mean For Honor was amazing and I'm hoping that the MP runs smoothly and its not ruined by server issues.

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2015, 02:39 AM
I'll play devils advocate here and say that's not necessarily true. I mean AC MP wasn't exactly an 'after thought' considering how in depth it was. Same with other games like Far Cry 2 and 3. 4 was an after thought, at least in my opinion. Splinter Cell was always planned.

They do build amazing single player games but I have to admit, MP games, always seem to have tech issues. I mean For Honor was amazing and I'm hoping that the MP runs smoothly and its not ruined by server issues.

The biggest issue for Ubisoft games are not how much effort they put into MP, but how tacked on they are. They're optional, and yet they consume a lot of the team's resources, leaving some people feeling like they shouldn't have bothered. And what's worse is that their MP isn't up to par with current standards. The best example of this is Unity. CO-OP is optional, but it was heavily integrated into the SP for ''seamless'' reasons and that ultimately hurt the quality of the game. That's not to mention the bugs and glitches that needed ironing out.

That said, I think we all can agree that For Honor and Rainbow Six: Siege are very promising, considering MP are their primary focus. I can't say anything about The Division since I have yet to test it.

DraxeI
11-23-2015, 05:23 PM
I think Feit pretty much covered it.

Assassin's Creed's multiplayer did initially start off as "an afterthought" in Brotherhood after being a requested feature since AC1.
Brotherhood's multiplayer was pretty much a proof of concept compared to later editions. The game-mode has not been used a lot in other game and worked pretty well with Assassin's Creed, so it was pretty well received by the community. However, Assassin's Creed was, and still is, about the singleplayer experience first and foremost.
Ubisoft has since build a lot upon the multiplayer of Assassin's Creed, and it has become quite in-depth, but it's always the singleplayer that is primarily represented and advertised for.
I don't think we'll be seeing an Assassin's Creed game with a main focus on multiplayer and a 5-hour singleplayer anytime soon.