PDA

View Full Version : Answers to Common Questions

coma987
11-20-2015, 07:04 PM
I noticed that on the For Honor forums there seem to be a few questions that are commonly asked. So I thought I will answer a few of them.

Q: Will there be a single player campaign?
A: Yes, there is going to be a single player campaign mode. That is all info we have, we will probably get more information about it soon.

Q: How do you get into closed Alpha, Beta and so on.
A: Registering on the For Honor website will give you a chance to get access to the closed tests. However through some experimenting I know that being active on the forums will give you a higher chance to get into the closed tests. :)

Q: When will the closed and open tests be?
A: For now there has been only one Closed Alpha. However there is a 5 year NDA therefore we can't speak about the details of it. However the further tests have not been yet announced but hopefully there will be another Alpha soon letting PS4 and Xbox also play.

Q: Is there any Viking gameplay yet?
A: Technically no. However in the E3 on stage demo there is a viking in the background. That is all the gameplay from him. The hero seen there seems to be The Raider. He uses a shield and a sword. (and possibly an axe) He also seems to be able to charge people with his shield then whoever he charged seems to be put onto the shield and the Raider runs further for a bit more.

Q: Will there be character customization?
A: Yes. You will be allowed to change how your heroes look like also you will be able to customize your weapons to fit your play style. All heroes also seem to come as Male and Female.

Q: How many Heroes will be there per faction?
A: There seems to be 4 heroes per faction, all have different weapons and probably specials.

Q: Will you be able to customize your feats?
A: I am not exactly sure but I think you will be able to change what your feats are.

Q: Will there be a dueling mode?
A: Since For Honor is a medieval melee combat game I am pretty sure the developers will include a dueling mode however there isn't confirmation about this yet.

Q: Will the game be only 4v4?
A: No one knows. The developers said some time ago that they are experimenting with different player amount for different game modes. Hopefully there will be more than 4 people per team in some other game modes.

If there are any other common question I missed, please tell me.

MisterWillow
11-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Q: How do you get into closed Alpha, Beta and so on.
A: Registering on the For Honor website will give you a chance to get access to the closed tests. However through some experimenting I know that being active on the forums will give you a higher chance to get into the closed tests. :)

If that's true, I'm pretty much a shoo-in for when the Alpha/Beta comes to consoles. :p

Q: Will there be character customization?
A: Yes. You will be allowed to change how your heroes look like also you will be able to customize your weapons to fit your play style. All heroes also seem to come as Male and Female.

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I thought weapons were tied to classes---that is, the Warden will always have the two-handed longsword shown in gameplay.

coma987
11-21-2015, 11:06 AM
In the Q&A (http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-221692-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32) for the warden look at how many weapons does he have. It will be a longsword however you can customize it.

MisterWillow
11-21-2015, 08:43 PM
The pertinent quote from the Q&A, for people who don't feel like going to the link (emphasis mine).

Q. How many weapons does he have? - Mohammed Al-Qaisy
C. In For Honor, a Hero is always tied to a weapon. In our current case, The Warden uses a two-handed German longsword that is used for both attack and defense. Players will be able to customize this weapon to make it unique and to adapt it to their play style.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure I understand what this means. I'm guessing it means that you'll be able to swap blades, pommels, crossguards, etc. and those might affect things like attack speed or range---for example, a longer blade would decrease the former, but increase the latter, while a shorter blade would do the reverse; but a narrower cross-guard could also increase speed, as could a heavier pommel (as they could add balance to the weapon).

Further down, someone asks something in relation to this

Q. Will the Warden be the Longsword class, or will he be the two handed sword class. For example, will he only be able to use the longsword or will you be able to get for example the Zweihänder as a weapon. If he is only Longsword, can you customize how the longsword looks? – coma987 (Reddit)
I. Well, the Zweihänder is a specific longsword used mostly in the last period of the Renaissance. Those were probably among the last versions of longswords produced. I have to say that The Warden is more of a Middle-Age knight, if you look at his global look, armor and style: heavy and dark. His weapon is closer to a medieval German longsword from the 14th – 15th century. To specifically answer your question, yes, he will always use a two-handed longsword, but you will be able to customize its look, make it unique, and also improve the power of your sword.

While that is a bit more specific, it's also fairly vague. How do you 'improve the power of your sword' exactly? I'm hoping he means it as I describe it above---in which case, a longer, or heavier blade could deal more damage, but could also make attacks slower---and not 'put some experience points into the "damage" column'.

Regardless, what I thought you meant initially was that you'd be able to customise what weapons your class used. Reading your wording again, perhaps I made a mistake.

Also meant to thank you for making this. It's a bit bothersome to see new threads pop up discussing things there are already threads for.:)