PDA

View Full Version : Is syndicate really good? (impressions)

Bigodon
11-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Well, i played almost all AC titles and been here to critic and hate so hard unity
Unity killed my confidence on ubisoft and made me lost interest on AC franshise, so i decided to create this topic to talk about Syndicate

Well done sir, the first 7h of play on this game making me enjoy an AC game like i was forget since Black flag
I can't say about the history, but...

- the game is just fun
- the game is beauty, sometimes better than unity and sometimes worse
- i'm loving the activities, and thank god i haven't seen any tail mission yet
- both characters are cool, and something you can give a ****
- the fight club is nice and adictive
- charret race is fun as hell, i laugh getting out of control race over the city
- i loved the craft/upgrade weapon system, it's way better than it's previously introduced
- the gameplay is pretty good
- money is not easy to get as unity was, at least right now
- the tree skills now makes much more sense
- the rope is so batman and spidey! but nice addition
- the parkour is fluid and nice, thank god they fixed that
- the rain is not ugly like was on unity
- the game is feel like AC, it take back the brotherhood sense
- already said this is fun?
- there is not one billion stupid useless chests, thanks for listen... neither the ******* mobile app
- i loved the movable train being our hideout and upgradeable
- i think the firearm combat gets improved as hell
- i loved the possibility to finish off two or more enemies at time, this is something i really wanted for long date
- the city is alive, there is no random zombies cloned npcs

- impressive right now, any flaws to mention

So far, so great, i could make an way more bigger list than that
please keep improving the performance and bug fixes

http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2350098/well_done_sir.gif

siralex1986
11-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Honest question: what do you think about the combat system? Isn't it too fast and "arcade"? I feel like Unity ones was more realistic, when I see Jacob punching like Batman on Arkham's series after a cape stun.................I feel uncomfortable with it.
Despite of the immortality feeling AC always provided, which is far from realistic,I enjoyed the combat sistem in Unity because you could easily die and because the moves were reasonable, a skilled guy could very well perform such attacks; but here? That fast?

Mr_Shade
11-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your feedback!

Bigodon
11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
Honest question: what do you think about the combat system? Isn't it too fast and "arcade"? I feel like Unity ones was more realistic, when I see Jacob punching like Batman on Arkham's series after a cape stun.................I feel uncomfortable with it.
Despite of the immortality feeling AC always provided, which is far from realistic,I enjoyed the combat sistem in Unity because you could easily die and because the moves were reasonable, a skilled guy could very well perform such attacks; but here? That fast?

the combat system is "okay" for me, there are plenty to improve of course
probably on next AC they will make it better, i think for now they did a great job

on unity i could not fight with 4 or 5 people at same time without get pissed because the mechanics aren't good enough for gaming, they have to do something that feels good for get on and play because this is not a simulator of sword combat.

i agree batman about is too arcadish, i think they could north their way thinking on sleeping dogs, not to put the next character to do martial arts.. well wait a sec... why not? if next AC is something smells like china or japan?!

ryerstar
11-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I guess you won't like my reply but after playing Syndicate for 9hrs I went back to Unity.

Technically Syndicate is great. It runs flawlessly on my rig, no crashes, no missing files, no bugs, missing textures etc. IMO on high and with all extras on it's not as stunning as Unity on the same settings but that's something I can live with.

Storywise it's OK. It definitely doesn't have the feel of the old AC games. I like it that they have put back the scenes after assassinating a story character but still it lacks the feeling from say Altair's time. And I can really compare that because now I am playing AC, AC: Unity and AC: Syndicate so memories are very fresh and I can see the differences very well.

Now, I know that being set in a relatively modern times it's just natural that our toons use modern gear. But that grapple? Really? So, no need to climb anylonger, you just look up, press a key/button and you are on the roof. What is up next? Something like the Blink ability in Dishonered? You reach the roof with a grapple, look to the next roof, press a key/button and voila you are being teleported to the next roof. No need for running and parkour.

I also don't like the combat system and I don't like the crafting system. If I did I would have played Far Cry or The Witcher.

I like the main characters on their own. But they feel nothing like assassins to me.

How come the many chests are bothering you? You can filter them out on the map and you can completely ignore them through the game. You don't like the chests, you don't open them. I fail to see how their presence in the game could be annoying to anyone.

So, all in all Syndicate may be a good game on its own merit. But ever since Ezio there is no an AC game that feels like an AC game. I liked Black Flag and Rogue very much, I like Unity even better, one day I'll play Syndicate again but still I don't feel them being part of the AC series. And the more closer to our times is the setting the less it is an AC game.

Bigodon
11-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I guess you won't like my reply but after playing Syndicate for 9hrs I went back to Unity.

Technically Syndicate is great. It runs flawlessly on my rig, no crashes, no missing files, no bugs, missing textures etc. IMO on high and with all extras on it's not as stunning as Unity on the same settings but that's something I can live with.

Storywise it's OK. It definitely doesn't have the feel of the old AC games. I like it that they have put back the scenes after assassinating a story character but still it lacks the feeling from say Altair's time. And I can really compare that because now I am playing AC, AC: Unity and AC: Syndicate so memories are very fresh and I can see the differences very well.

Now, I know that being set in a relatively modern times it's just natural that our toons use modern gear. But that grapple? Really? So, no need to climb anylonger, you just look up, press a key/button and you are on the roof. What is up next? Something like the Blink ability in Dishonered? You reach the roof with a grapple, look to the next roof, press a key/button and voila you are being teleported to the next roof. No need for running and parkour.

I also don't like the combat system and I don't like the crafting system. If I did I would have played Far Cry or The Witcher.

I like the main characters on their own. But they feel nothing like assassins to me.

How come the many chests are bothering you? You can filter them out on the map and you can completely ignore them through the game. You don't like the chests, you don't open them. I fail to see how their presence in the game could be annoying to anyone.

So, all in all Syndicate may be a good game on its own merit. But ever since Ezio there is no an AC game that feels like an AC game. I liked Black Flag and Rogue very much, I like Unity even better, one day I'll play Syndicate again but still I don't feel them being part of the AC series. And the more closer to our times is the setting the less it is an AC game.

opinions! :)

But i agree about this game is not stunning as unity in some degree, but still beauty and impress me enough. Otherside i'm disapointed with performance, i have a quite decent hardware and cannot run this on 1440p at steady 60fps with my current settings and using the last patch and nvidia drivers? This is really bugs me out because unity was well optimized when this finaly get done on patches.

my rig: i7 5820k @ 4ghz, 16gb ram @ 2800mhz, gtx titan x
my settings: shadows high, hbao+ ultra, fxaa, textures high, enviroment very high at only 2560x1080 :confused:
anyway i still waiting for patches that allows me push my hardware boundaries more high.

the grapple really feels like a cheat if you think like this, but until now where i am at game progress right now is just optional and you use if you want. I liked, but agree this breaks the old school climb up and down. But i think the same question applies to unity new hidden blade, where it can take down two or more enemies at time from distance.

the craft should be compared to its own franshise, its better than its previous game and yeah.. not complex as the witcher 3 where you need to craft something first to craft other thing

about the character, i think Evie is more assassin like than Arno, Edward and Connor combined!

and chests on unity was a stupid design choice, i keep my opionon on this. If people going to do all achievements or trophies this was a big bummer!

finaly, i agree there is no AC game like we saw on "Ezio Saga" this still the best definition of assassin brotherhood we can have, i hope ubi don't lose their track on this