PDA

View Full Version : Are Evie and Jacob virgins?

RaggedTyper
11-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Obviously, I'm not talking about later in life as we know Jacob goes on to have children.
I'm talking about throughout the duration of the game. Do you reckon they're virgins?
Jacob comes across as asexual - seems to get more pleasure out of punching people in the face.
As for Evie, it's not mentioned whether she had boyfriends before Henry Green but I suspect she has - since Jacob was able to tell when she liked somebody.

Discuss.

m4r-k7
11-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Seriously? They are video game characters... who even cares?

VestigialLlama4
11-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Obviously, I'm not talking about later in life as we know Jacob goes on to have children.
I'm talking about throughout the duration of the game. Do you reckon they're virgins?
Jacob comes across as asexual - seems to get more pleasure out of punching people in the face.
As for Evie, it's not mentioned whether she had boyfriends before Henry Green but I suspect she has - since Jacob was able to tell when she liked somebody.

Discuss.

Jacob Frye is okay flirting with Pearl Attaway so I'd say he chased a few girls at Crawley or visited some "ladies of the night" in his time. He's a low-life after all, and low-lifes do what low-lives will to stay on the down low.

Evie however, yes.

RA503
11-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Jacob shows no interest in woman trough all the game and we know that he is not gay...

We have more innuendo between him and Roth tham with Attaway and the Desmond dog lady...

VestigialLlama4
11-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Jacob shows no interest in woman trough all the game and we know that he is not gay...

We have more innuendo between him and Roth tham with Attaway and the Desmond dog lady...

Maybe Jacob swings both ways. There was innuendo between Edward Kenway and Black Bart as well too you know.

Shahkulu101
11-20-2015, 11:26 AM
I'd assume Jacob to have had a few encounters after a late night at the pub, he clearly had the hots for Attaway so he's not asexual...

Evie, yes.

But as we know by the end she's in a relationship with Henry, and after that kiss in the vault they def did it back at the train ;)

Meowrynn
11-20-2015, 12:06 PM
wow dat question xD you will never know the answer LOL you're in the animus reliving the most important memories of our ancestors, you think it'll bother showing sexual activities for christ LOL? it does not even show jacob or evie peeing or pooping! omg omg ARE THEY EVEN HUMAN? this question is hilarious! thanks for the laughs m8 xD

LoyalACFan
11-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Maybe Jacob swings both ways. There was innuendo between Edward Kenway and Black Bart as well too you know.

Nowhere near as blatant, though.

Roth frenches Jacob on his deathbed, for God's sake.

RaggedTyper
11-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Nowhere near as blatant, though.

Roth frenches Jacob on his deathbed, for God's sake.

And that animalistic, passionate groan he made before doing it tehe XD

RaggedTyper
11-20-2015, 01:20 PM
I'd assume Jacob to have had a few encounters after a late night at the pub, he clearly had the hots for Attaway so he's not asexual...

Evie, yes.

But as we know by the end she's in a relationship with Henry, and after that kiss in the vault they def did it back at the train ;)

But he never acted on it. And I felt the flirting was coming from her to manipulate him, less so than him.

ze_topazio
11-20-2015, 01:32 PM
In before Pie asks if you're talking about incest.

cawatrooper9
11-20-2015, 03:13 PM
In before Pie asks if you're talking about incest.

One of my friends is a literature professor, and she loves Victorian literature. She often says that one of the most common plot twists during the era was incest, so I was actually legitimately worried about this for a while.

VestigialLlama4
11-20-2015, 03:25 PM
One of my friends is a literature professor, and she loves Victorian literature. She often says that one of the most common plot twists during the era was incest, so I was actually legitimately worried about this for a while.

Incest was common in romantic poetry as well, especially Byron (who actually did sleep with his sister).

But Ubisoft would not go there because that's the kind of thing that overwhelms everything else. People will say Syndicate is that Incest game and not Syndicate is that AC game in Victorian London.

The Westermarck Effect is a real thing, for twins raised together at such a young age, in a family that is fairly normal and middle-class, that would be super-duper rare.

RaggedTyper
11-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Jacob Frye is okay flirting with Pearl Attaway so I'd say he chased a few girls at Crawley or visited some "ladies of the night" in his time. He's a low-life after all, and low-lifes do what low-lives will to stay on the down low.

Evie however, yes.

How dare you respond to a single one of my posts after the blatant lie you told about me during my debate with you. :mad: I reported your post btw.

creedalien
11-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Why would anyone care about this? just videogame characters and not even good ones.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Why would anyone care about this? just videogame characters and not even good ones.

Yeah, I don't really get the point of this. People asked similar questions about Connor too, though.

VestigialLlama4
11-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I don't really get the point of this. People asked similar questions about Connor too, though.

Well the fact is these are legitimate questions to ask thanks to the nature of the Animus and genetic memory. Like we can only play as these characters until the point they have that one special sexual encounter after which they pass their genes along and we can't play anyone anymore. Likewise the games repeatedly deal with the sex lives of its protagonists.

We have Ezio of course, but we also have Altair. I mean in AC2, the Bleeding Effect of Altair actually shows him and Maria having sex (atop a big tower...ooh the symbolism) and then Desmond realizes that he's no longer sharing Altair's memories but the memory of something...inside Maria...which I always thought was a pretty audacious thing the guys at Ubisoft slipped past the radar. Then AC3, shows Haytham and Kanieh;tio hooking up. Edward Kenway in Black Flag married young and the opening flashback clearly shows him and Caroline talking after making love. He then becomes a pirate, gets estranged from his wife and repeatedly cheats on her with bar wenches and prostitutes. Then in UNITY, it's plain that Arno and Elise have a sexual relationship.

So the games always did touch on sexuality. The only exceptions so far are Connor and the Frye Twins, and even then it's mostly Jacob Frye.

cawatrooper9
11-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Well the fact is these are legitimate questions to ask thanks to the nature of the Animus and genetic memory. Like we can only play as these characters until the point they have that one special sexual encounter after which they pass their genes along and we can't play anyone anymore. Likewise the games repeatedly deal with the sex lives of its protagonists.

We have Ezio of course, but we also have Altair. I mean in AC2, the Bleeding Effect of Altair actually shows him and Maria having sex (atop a big tower...ooh the symbolism) and then Desmond realizes that he's no longer sharing Altair's memories but the memory of something...inside Maria...which I always thought was a pretty audacious thing the guys at Ubisoft slipped past the radar. Then AC3, shows Haytham and Kanieh;tio hooking up. Edward Kenway in Black Flag married young and the opening flashback clearly shows him and Caroline talking after making love. He then becomes a pirate, gets estranged from his wife and repeatedly cheats on her with bar wenches and prostitutes. Then in UNITY, it's plain that Arno and Elise have a sexual relationship.

So the games always did touch on sexuality. The only exceptions so far are Connor and the Frye Twins, and even then it's mostly Jacob Frye.

Well, the mere existence of their genetic memories implies that at least one of them (probably both) had progeny- but this question in particular is something more, it's inquiring about something more specific in their sex lives so far- and in fact (since it's asking about characters that are already young) fetish-izing young sex.

I guess my qualms with this question are that they seem to border on sexualizing Evie- and that's simply not fair. I know that on the surface it's a fair question, but in the hands of the internet, any topic can quickly turn to immature lockerroom talk.

I-Like-Pie45
11-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Jacob is actually the only Frye in existence, there never were any twins. In any scene where the two Frye twins together Evie is just a figment of Jacob's mentally unstable opium-addicted mind and any of Evie's solo scenes is really Jacob in drag, his arguments with Evie really just a battle with his subconscious, a perfect idealized female self created by Jacob in order to cope with his own feelings of insecurity in comparison to his parents as well as a way to cope with his struggles regarding his closeted homosexuality in a world shaped by frigid Victorian social values and expectations of men which were awakened by meeting Henry Green why do you think Evie and Henry Green inexplicably fall in love - because that's what Jacob desires but his fragmented mind prevents him from coming true with it reality.

Evie, basically, is Jacob's Tyler Durden. But he never wises on to his own dual identity, despite all the clues right in front of his eyes.

As such, Jacob remains forever a virgin because he is unable to commit to either side of the coin. Lydia Frye is not a descendant of the Frye "twins", because Jacob died a virgin and Evie never existed. She is actually the granddaughter of George Westhouse who was actually George Frye Jacob's older brother but due to his own set of psychological insecurities took on the name of his wife when he married

VestigialLlama4
11-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Jacob is actually the only Frye in existence, there never were any twins. In any scene where the two Frye twins together Evie is just a figment of Jacob's mentally unstable opium-addicted mind and any of Evie's solo scenes is really Jacob in drag, his arguments with Evie really just a battle with his subconscious, a perfect idealized female self created by Jacob in order to cope with his own feelings of insecurity in comparison to his parents as well as a way to cope with his struggles regarding his closeted homosexuality in a world shaped by frigid Victorian social values and expectations of men which were awakened by meeting Henry Green why do you think Evie and Henry Green inexplicably fall in love - because that's what Jacob desires but his fragmented mind prevents him from coming true with it reality.

Evie, basically, is Jacob's Tyler Durden. But he never wises on to his own dual identity, despite all the clues right in front of his eyes.

As such, Jacob remains forever a virgin because he is unable to commit to either side of the coin. Lydia Frye is not a descendant of the Frye "twins", because Jacob died a virgin and Evie never existed. She is actually the granddaughter of George Westhouse who was actually George Frye Jacob's older brother but due to his own set of psychological insecurities took on the name of his wife when he married

You know something Pie...that would have been an awesome story.

AquilaTempestas
11-25-2015, 12:39 AM
I actually always thought Jacob was asexual too - he just never seemed interested in women or men in a romantic manner. I was very surprised that he was the one to later have children (since there was nothing in the game that would've indicated it).

I expected Evie to be the one to have children with Henry (what's the point of them even having a relationship if Jacob is the one who has children?) Even if Evie had a child, the kid still could've had Frye as a surname. I know someone who uses their mother's surname since their parents weren't married.

HDinHB
11-25-2015, 02:25 AM
You realize that Evie could, and probably did, have children whether or not Jacob did? It's not mutually exclusive.

As for the OP, it's the Victorian Era, everyone was a virgin until they were married.

VestigialLlama4
11-25-2015, 03:27 AM
I actually always thought Jacob was asexual too - he just never seemed interested in women or men in a romantic manner. I was very surprised that he was the one to later have children (since there was nothing in the game that would've indicated it).

I expected Evie to be the one to have children with Henry (what's the point of them even having a relationship if Jacob is the one who has children?) Even if Evie had a child, the kid still could've had Frye as a surname. I know someone who uses their mother's surname since their parents weren't married.

Well it's likely that Evie ''did'' have children...and we have evidence in the comic ''Brahman'' (verbally and explicily made canon in Rogue's MD) that Henry Green did have descendants. It's just that those descendants would be involved in India rather than England.

Consus_E
11-25-2015, 03:48 AM

We met you at a very strange time in your life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFAnn2j4iB0

col_96
11-25-2015, 12:45 PM
This could be the strangest thread I've seen in a long time.

Senningiri_GR
11-25-2015, 06:24 PM
What a stupid subject for a thread...

Pnoen94
07-15-2016, 01:11 PM
No they are not virgins and they also haven't done any incest. Jacob had a wife and Evie also had a husband. They both had children. And they aren't just a character but they did exist. Jacob had an hindustan wife mixed Brittish Davide and Evie a Brittish husband who's name was Henry. And I'm 100% sure that I'm right. There are documents about Davide but people think that Davide was a man but Davide was a woman. Jacob hadn't had any interest in Brittish women

cawatrooper9
07-15-2016, 02:22 PM
No they are not virgins and they also haven't done any incest. Jacob had a wife and Evie also had a husband. They both had children. And they aren't just a character but they did exist. Jacob had an hindustan wife mixed Brittish Davide and Evie a Brittish husband who's name was Henry. And I'm 100% sure that I'm right. There are documents about Davide but people think that Davide was a man but Davide was a woman. Jacob hadn't had any interest in Brittish women

I mean, I think this thread was referring to the events of the game, as referenced by the original post:

joshoolhorst
07-17-2016, 12:07 PM
Wait seriously this is a discussion 0_0

Well oké I can see why with the hole Animus/Helix stuff but seriously -_-

Sesheenku
07-19-2016, 09:10 AM
I understand it now.... Jacob was so good at what he did because he abstained from sex and became a magician at 30!

cawatrooper9
07-19-2016, 02:29 PM
I understand it now.... Jacob was so good at what he did because he abstained from sex and became a magician at 30!

Honestly, I could almost see Jacob being some sort of pickup artist. Just trade in that tophat for a fedora (and keep hood toggled to stealth still, of course). ;)

pacmanate
07-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Now I know why the cane sword has such a long sheath :|