PDA

View Full Version : Collecting ACS podcast questions for Writers Jeffrey Yohalem and James Nadiger

loomer979
11-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Hey everyone, kicking off a new season of The Assassin's Den podcast with a story discussion with Jeffrey and James! Jeffrey is the Lead Writer on the game and James wrote the Modern Day as well as some of the side missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iq3pftS-no

Please leave your questions and vote on others in the comments of the video linked above!

RaggedTyper
11-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Are Jacob and Evie virgins when we first meet them? Thanks.

RVSage
11-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Hey loomer,

Questions,
1. Is the modern day going to get bigger after Syndicate or we are going to stick with the same amount of content per game?
2. Will characters from the new titan comic series also feature in the future games?
3. Did they think of any alternate ending for syndicate?
4. As always hints for the next game :P :P have they left easter eggs in Syndicate ?? :P
5. Will Jack the ripper expand the lore or remain a self contained story like dead kings??

Thanks for doing it again

Eziodagreat
11-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Question for James.

On the reconstructed file #10, we find that there is a child with same memories as Desmond. Can you confirm this is his son, and will this have any affect on future games?

AdultShotaro
11-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Will Modern Day have a new playable protagonist again? If so: Will it be a Hub World like AC4 and Rogue, Self-Contained Space ala AC1 through AC3. Or a set of both with a hint of realism such as micromanaging your character (e.g eating and conversation) with the other half involving missions like in games such as Persona 3 - 5 and other RPGs? If not, will there be a bare minimum of modern day via cutscenes or will there be much more similar to Assassin's Creed Revelations MP, and in extreme cases, longer cutscenes similar to the Metal Gear series?

Will the Onmoraki-Gumi appear in the next game and the Altair II crew? Amongst other characters from Initiates?

Aside from AC3, all assist characters were just cannon fodder. Unity didn't even have any at all and only Arno and the other MP Assassins were playable ONLY IN CO-OP. Will AC3 assist character return in future installments (say an AC game during the Roaring Twenties giving you developed characters to take out the Templars and you can learn more about them at the Speakeasy base you get for example)? Combine that with the Loyalty System and certain abilities, it could make for much more complex gameplay considering you could get certain missions by speaking to them and then getting a weapon/skill they can use (Chameleon, Tank/Damage Resist, Bulletstorm/Arrowstorm, Team Multi-Kill for a Ground Character Assassin). Seems RPG-esque but it would be a good excuse to mix lore with gameplay.

Jish_01
11-20-2015, 04:12 AM
My questions are:
Can you give us any more info on Galina that we don't already know, like is there a possibility of her becoming playable at some point?
And can we expect Juno to become more of a threat in the next entry, and will the created precursor body in Syndicate be body she inhabits?

RA503
11-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Evie have some connection with Eve that is not mentioned in the game ?

who is the lead writter of the DLC(both jack and the last M)...

VestigialLlama4
11-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Hey everyone, kicking off a new season of The Assassin's Den podcast with a story discussion with Jeffrey and James! Jeffrey is the Lead Writer on the game and James wrote the Modern Day as well as some of the side missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iq3pftS-no

Please leave your questions and vote on others in the comments of the video linked above!

Left my queries at the You Tube page. I assume multiple questions is okay...I asked five this time and the priorities are 1, 2 and 5.

1) SPOILERS - Regarding the WW1 Simulation with Lydia Frye, where the Assassins ally with Winston Churchill, should we consider this a retcon of the Glyph Puzzles in AC2, which implied that Churchill was a Templar? Should we take the glyph puzzles as being canon, or more like "guidelines"?

2) Were you worried about involving a figure as controversial as Karl Marx in the game, especially since Unity got criticized for being anti-revolutionary and one-sided? Were there plans to involve him in the main story since his missions are entirely self-contained and he isn't there in the main campaign? Do the Assassins actually support his ideas?

3) If the Assassins claim to fight for the people, why are they so friendly with Kings and Queens, like in the end of Syndicate where they get knighted by the Queen? In Unity, they were anti-Revolutionary and supported the King, and they also helped the French king to purge Jacques de Molay and his Templars? Is this an element that will be addressed later, or are we meant to see the Assassins as hypocrites for this chumminess with power?

4) In terms of Syndicate, were there any considerations to showing the class distinctions as an element of gameplay. Like Jacob Frye poshing up his accent to move in high society? When he meets the Disraelis he talks in the same lower-class accent and it seemed unconvincing.

5) In the case of the Jack the Ripper DLC, is he someone entirely different or will he be based on some of the more popular theories like Alan Moore's From Hell?

johnnypolidano
11-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Will Modern Day have a new playable protagonist again? If so: Will it be a Hub World like AC4 and Rogue, Self-Contained Space ala AC1 through AC3. Or a set of both with a hint of realism such as micromanaging your character (e.g eating and conversation) with the other half involving missions like in games such as Persona 3 - 5 and other RPGs? If not, will there be a bare minimum of modern day via cutscenes or will there be much more similar to Assassin's Creed Revelations MP, and in extreme cases, longer cutscenes similar to the Metal Gear series??

+1, I would love to know the answer to this as well.

cawatrooper9
11-20-2015, 06:35 PM
I know this is a lot, but I'd love if you took at least one of my questions!

1) Was Evie always planned to be part of the game? There are some theories that she was added after fans were upset that there were no playable female Assassins in Unity last year.

2) Obviously, Assassins Creed is a series that builds on itself- both with lore and with previous game assets. What assets from Unity did you enjoy adopting? Which did you use that they didn't like as much? What were you happy to scrap?

3) Was George originally planned to be a larger, more important figure in the game?

4) Which previous Assassins Creed were your biggest inspiration?

5) Why only nine memory sequences? Typically in the series, the larger installments have had at least twelve.

6) How, specifically, do Jacob and Evie's London brotherhood and the Rooks fit into the greater world of Assassins Creed in their given era? Is this something you've thought about?

edit: Sorry, I forgot four I meant to add!

7) There has been a lot of controversy surrounding the fact that Jacob and Evie only wear their hoods while in stealth mode. Could you explain how and why you decided to handle hoods that way?

8) What do you think Syndicate's biggest and longest lasting contribution to the series will be?

9) What, to you, is the most iconic aspect of an Assassin?

10) How can I get a job writing for Assassins Creed? :rolleyes:

harsab
11-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Evie have some connection with Eve that is not mentioned in the game ?

who is the lead writter of the DLC(both jack and the last M)...

We already know who the writer of the DLC is, it's Gabrielle Shrager.

RomanoTjavo
11-20-2015, 08:25 PM
OFF TOPIC MAYBE!
But ask them developers about the god damned hood toogle thing im tired of the solution they got now with akward crouching stealth mode, Tell them to put in a toggle to wear the hood whenever we want! THE HOOD IS THE ICON OF THE ASSASSINS FFS!

siralex1986
11-20-2015, 08:27 PM
OFF TOPIC MAYBE!
But ask them developers about the god damned hood toogle thing im tired of the solution they got now with akward crouching stealth mode, Tell them to put in a toggle to wear the hood whenever we want! THE HOOD IS THE ICON OF THE ASSASSINS FFS!

Lol, thought the same but was too shy to write here! :D

CrossedEagle
11-20-2015, 09:39 PM
FYI, because I'm seeing some great questions and I don't want them to not be asked.

I-Like-Pie45
11-20-2015, 10:57 PM
How much hair does Evie have on her arms and legs