PDA

View Full Version : Game Bricks PC

jbrad100
11-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Been trying to play this since last night, every time i start the game i can get to random point before the game just stops and bricks the PC until i am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried all of the suggestions that Yazx_ and Ubisoft have suggested. i have updated my graphics drivers to 389.00 that came out today. 1 the game does not appear on the list 2 it has made no difference to stability what so ever.

When the games crashes back to desktop (when i do not have to pull the power) and i try to restart the game from the icon it tells me that it cannot start due to my graphics card not being DX11 compatible or my graphics drivers are out of date, although i was just playing for a good 30 minutes plus with 60fps !

it appears Ubisoft have release another Assassins creed that is unplayable for the time and being.

YazX_
11-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Please post your system specs.

P.S: i have replied to you in the other thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1331271-Nvidia-WHQL-359-00-GameReady-Driver-for-ACS-Released?p=11152204&viewfull=1#post11152204

jbrad100
11-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Hi YazX_

My specs are as follows

Intel Core i7-4720HQ Processor( 2.60GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB
12.0GB PC3L-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
1TB HDD 5400rpm+8GB SSD cache

if it helps im using a Lenovo y50-70 Laptop. I managed to play unity on very good setting (although after many an update) just fine.

and thank you to replying to my other post.

Bahjabroni
11-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Do you even know what "bricks" means? When something is bricked, it means it's completely useless and ruined (i.e. a console becomes a brick and cant be used at all). Your PC is not bricked by this game or you wouldnt be able to use it at all again. Its pretty egregious to claim a game bricks your machine. Crashing and bricking aren't interchangeable.

Likely you have a software conflict somewhere. Nvidia just released a game ready driver for this game today. I would suggest completely uninstalling your old driver (using an application like DDU) and then installing the new one and see how it performs then. It would not hurt to go into control panel and set everything to default and make changes to it moving forward. Its nothing like Unity from my perspective. Its a beast of a game and eats a lot of resources, but I've experienced nothing like the pains of Unity.

jbrad100
11-19-2015, 07:36 PM
yeah the term "bricked" i thought was exactly as you explained however i was looking through the forums and noticed other people saying theirs was bricked and thought i would use the same terminology as it was getting responses :p. thanks again for your help matey, i will come back if i have more issues.

jbrad100
11-19-2015, 08:10 PM
so to update, i have un-installed all of my Nvida drivers and re-installed them, verified my files. as soon i i try to load the first mission it crashes on the opening cinematic in Croydon train station and goes back to desktop. when i try to open the game again it tells me that my video card does not support DX11 or my video drivers need to be updated. Any ideas guys ?

also all of the fans on my unit are going like crazy !

http://s30.postimg.org/9wbmppibx/screen_shot_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9wbmppibx/)

YazX_
11-19-2015, 09:37 PM
so to update, i have un-installed all of my Nvida drivers and re-installed them, verified my files. as soon i i try to load the first mission it crashes on the opening cinematic in Croydon train station and goes back to desktop. when i try to open the game again it tells me that my video card does not support DX11 or my video drivers need to be updated. Any ideas guys ?

also all of the fans on my unit are going like crazy !

http://s30.postimg.org/9wbmppibx/screen_shot_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9wbmppibx/)

i was on Nvidia forums before few mins and i have seen tons of issues regarding 860M and many people are posting similar problem with other games, so it worth to check Nvidia forums for your 860M, also rollback 3-4 drivers since the 860M issue has been for quite some time now.

you can find older drivers from Guru3d.com or Nvidia.com website, but you need to google search the driver version so you can get the download page from nvidia, otherwise it will show you the latest driver in the download page.

jbrad100
11-19-2015, 10:55 PM
HI Yazx_

It worked !!! I rolled back to 355.98 and it works like a dream. If I could kiss you it would be with tongues ! you legend.

YazX_
11-20-2015, 12:27 AM
HI Yazx_

It worked !!! I rolled back to 355.98 and it works like a dream. If I could kiss you it would be with tongues ! you legend.

LOL, glad it finally worked , enjoy :)

ROCKAR12
11-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Do you even know what "bricks" means? When something is bricked, it means it's completely useless and ruined (i.e. a console becomes a brick and cant be used at all). Your PC is not bricked by this game or you wouldnt be able to use it at all again. Its pretty egregious to claim a game bricks your machine. Crashing and bricking aren't interchangeable.

Likely you have a software conflict somewhere. Nvidia just released a game ready driver for this game today. I would suggest completely uninstalling your old driver (using an application like DDU) and then installing the new one and see how it performs then. It would not hurt to go into control panel and set everything to default and make changes to it moving forward. Its nothing like Unity from my perspective. Its a beast of a game and eats a lot of resources, but I've experienced nothing like the pains of Unity.

you can't critique the use of a coloquialism like that. It is apparent that you know what he meant and that it was hyperbolic. When you know exactly what he is saying to such a detail, the WHOLE POINT of slang is met: not necessarily true or exact, but expressive and straight to the point for those who understand what he means. Get started on some SSRI's, bud.

And the game has a lot of problems, not as bad as Unity. But you suggest a false dilemma between Unity and Syndicate. Beside, just because YOU can play the game fine doesn't necessarily mean that he has a software conflict. Unless, that is, your definition comprises of software conflict meaning: the game, as software, runs unreasonably conflictingly with common software and hardware that is expected to run the game properly as advertised.