PDA

View Full Version : Controls, is it just me?

Wintermist
11-19-2015, 03:36 PM
I feel like a clumsy idiot. Just getting up to climbing a wall seems impossible. I hold Shift and W then press Space, no go. I hold W and press Space, no go. I hold them all and no go.

The only way I seem to be able to do it is by RANDOM!!! Pressing them all like I'm mashing my keyboard, it's no way to play. What am I doing wrong?!

In the previous games it all just worked but now I am clearly doing something wrong.

YazX_
11-19-2015, 03:47 PM
IMO, the best controls layout is the one from old games (AC1, AC2, ACB), if you want my advise, change the run to Mouse RightClick , change Aim to Left Alt or control instead of right click, this layout works best for AC games and much more comfortable when navigating since most of the time you are running.

Wintermist
11-19-2015, 03:50 PM
IMO, the best controls layout is the one from old games (AC1, AC2, ACB), if you want my advise, change the run to Mouse RightClick , change Aim to Left Alt or control instead of right click, this layout works best for AC games and much more comfortable when navigating since most of the time you are running.

Thanks yeah, I got one of them gaming mice so I mapped the run button to that :D My poor old pinkie finger would cry otherwise. Still though, what's the procedure to climbing a wall? Or am I simply encountering a bug?

YazX_
11-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks yeah, I got one of them gaming mice so I mapped the run button to that :D My poor old pinkie finger would cry otherwise. Still though, what's the procedure to climbing a wall? Or am I simply encountering a bug?

same as you mentioned but i was suspecting you are having some keyboard ghosting and blocking when pressing multi-keys, so with the new layout, Hold (Right Click (Run) + W + Space) all together at the same time.

Wintermist
11-19-2015, 06:04 PM
same as you mentioned but i was suspecting you are having some keyboard ghosting and blocking when pressing multi-keys, so with the new layout, Hold (Right Click (Run) + W + Space) all together at the same time.

Like a pancake against the wall lol. This is what I've been doing all along, might be something with my game then, I just come running up to the wall then stop lol.

Wintermist
11-20-2015, 12:00 AM
I forgot to report, but a reboot fixed the problem, whatever it may have been.

YazX_
11-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Great :) , Enjoy!